02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 1112131415 ...
tools
    I ended up taking my zagg glass back to best buy, and they did take it back. Unfortunately, I couldn't get my money back, all they could do is give me store credit. So I got an s-view wine red case.

Posted via the Android Central App
    How bad was the Zagg?
    10-26-2014 01:43 PM
    I've got the same Spigen tempered glass tr as Bert, I also ordered mine from Amazon about 4-5 weeks ago and have always used them since iPhone 4, 4s, then note 3 and now my Note 4! Like others say, it does not cover edge to edge, but looks great otherwise. My only concern is dust, debris, sand, whatever getting around the edges and eventually possibly leaving marks outlined around the protector.

10-26-2014 02:31 PM
    How bad was the Zagg?
    Zagg has the halo. Have one on right now. Sprint will give me my money back but I am leaving it until the proper glass protectors are available. I'm waiting on mime.

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME
    Droidprincess likes this.
    10-26-2014 07:56 PM
    Zagg has the halo. Have one on right now. Sprint will give me my money back but I am leaving it until the proper glass protectors are available. I'm waiting on mime.

GALAXY NOTE 4, GO BIG OR GO HOME
    Is mime going to make a proper glass for the Note 4?
    10-26-2014 08:15 PM
    When I got my phone in the store, I left the plastic screen protector on the phone on the screen, and I placed it in a case that also has a screen protector. I bought Crystalusion, but I didn't apply it, as the phone is fully protected right now.
    10-26-2014 08:18 PM
    I bought one from Verizon. Not it said Flexible Glass screen protector. Feels like a thin piece of glass. Feels nice. No halo. It was 24.99

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!
    pstellato73 and Droidprincess like this.
    10-26-2014 10:49 PM
    I bought one from Verizon. Not it said Flexible Glass screen protector. Feels like a thin piece of glass. Feels nice. No halo. It was 24.99

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!
    Can you post a pic?
    10-26-2014 11:42 PM
    Don't have enough posts just yet to link pictures but trust me...same halo effect with the ZeroLemon tempered glass...hoping they'll refund me.
    10-26-2014 11:45 PM
    Don't have enough posts just yet to link pictures but trust me...same halo effect with the ZeroLemon tempered glass...hoping they'll refund me.
    For what it costs--ZeroLemon is a bargain-priced one---I need one now. Halo or no halo. Full screen coverage or not. If I get a short amount of use for a couple of months and grab something else when this has straightened itself out and there are lots of choices, that's fine.

EDIT:::: The ZeroLemon I got was poorly designed, with no cut-out for the camera sensor. Sent it back. They apologized, offered immediate refund. Doesn't seem to me like a good idea to cover the camera sensor with another layer of glass.
    10-27-2014 08:32 AM
    That's what in doing. Bought a cheap one off Amazon before I bought the N4. Bought the zagg when I bought the N4 but took the zagg back after 2 days. Put the cheap tempered glass on after that. It looks the same as the zagg. Leaving it on until something else comes out.

10-27-2014 09:51 AM
    Hey folks I asked this question here before but i just looked back at the post where I asked and suddenly realize I did one lousy job of it. LIke I forgot how to use the English language...terrible.

Anyway...I know some folks have applied LiguidGlass to their N4's. The instructions say to apply to the whole exterior minding port openings etc. But my sense of it is that people that are using it are also wrapping a case around their N4. So are folks just using the LiquidGlass on the screen and in doing so are they staying away from the home button or just getting right up to the edge of it?

If left to my own devices, I would probably just do the screen. But I trust you guys here. If you guys are doing the whole device even then using a case, that is what I would do and I would also do what you guys are doing around the home button.
    I applied to the screen only. I actually wiped it on the home button and let it dry overnight.

From my smokin' hot Note 4
    10-27-2014 09:53 AM
    Have you tried the Iioome flex?? It covers everything I have it on now.. But like every other person no one wants to spend the 25.00 for it but when they go and buy the 5.99 for 3 screen protectors and they don't fit right or when they drop their phone and the screen crack then the boo hoo start.. Me I have the outterbox and Iioome on my note 4 yes I spend 75.00 but now I have no worries.
    Do you have pics? And did you buy it off their website?
    10-27-2014 11:48 AM
    Everything else I've read about the iloome flex screen both here & on xda developers says it won't be available until 10-29. This is the one they redesigned to fit the N4 (I don't think it covers the entire screen but the way it's supposed to fit solves the halo problem) and it's 8h instead of 9h.

I believe it's this screen

Amazon.com: iloome Galaxy S4 ScreenMate Flex Flexible Glass 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating: Cell Phones & Accessories

Which is not yet available for the N4.
    10-27-2014 11:58 AM
    I got the Verizon one installed at the store yesterday and it's starting to lift a bit at the edges. I'll likely just deal with it as it's not impeding my use or my viewing of the screen content, but I'll keep watching for someone to come up with a better designed screen protector, be it tempered glass or plastic. I bet in a couple months there will be a solution.
    Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-sam_0757.jpg

Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-sam_0760.jpg

Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-sam_0765.jpg

Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-sam_0766.jpg
    zeuswsu likes this.
    10-27-2014 12:38 PM
    Thanks for the pictures. I'd take it in and see if they will install another one for you.
    10-27-2014 12:44 PM
    That protector from Verizon doesn't seem to have a halo.
    10-27-2014 01:11 PM
    That is a shame. There are so many reports of scratching from cases from people that actually think phone designers are designing their phones to be immune to cosmetic damage that it struck me that maybe Crystalusion's instruction to coat the entire device made sense.

The only phone or tablet or even laptop devices that I know of that have some level of structural or mechanical or physical integrity that is designed in from the start are those made by companies or divisions of companies specifically in that business. They show either the mechanical test regimen that the product has been tested to or the Mil Standard that it is designed to. Has anybody seen anything from Sammy regarding structural, mechanical or physical immunity to damage or cosmetic damage for the N4? I haven't....because its not there...and its not there for any of the other manufacturers either with the exceptions that I noted above.
    Dankees likes this.
    10-27-2014 01:21 PM
    Do you have pics? And did you buy it off their website?
    No I don't have any pics and yes I got it off their site
    10-27-2014 01:45 PM
    I got the Verizon one installed at the store yesterday and it's starting to lift a bit at the edges. I'll likely just deal with it as it's not impeding my use or my viewing of the screen content, but I'll keep watching for someone to come up with a better designed screen protector, be it tempered glass or plastic. I bet in a couple months there will be a solution.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_0757.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	398.8 KB 
ID:	143984
    is that the kickstand case from Verizon? How did you get it? My local store doesn't have it, and it can't be ordered online (out of stock).
    10-27-2014 02:47 PM
    Here is mine again. SuperShieldz, it doesn't cover the whole screen, which I think that is the way it has to be on screens with rounded corners. It covers the viewing area, and there are cut outs for the front facing camera too.

Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-lassy1.jpg
    10-27-2014 02:52 PM
    No, it's a Spigen case from Amazon. No kickstand. Ultra trim and thin, sexy lines, chamfered edge that matches the shiny chamfered edge of your N4 metal frame..... minimalistic goodness at its finest.
    10-27-2014 02:55 PM
    Which Spigen case specifically? I'm interested in purchasing it myself.
    10-27-2014 03:01 PM
    Well, ZeroLemon protector came today. I'm not overly happy with it, in particular because the cut-outs cover some of the sensors instead of cutting out for the sensors. In particular, the front camera sensor is completely covered! This just seems ridiculous to me. Do I want a layer of glass over the sensor? Not really!
    10-27-2014 03:46 PM
    Here is mine again. SuperShieldz, it doesn't cover the whole screen, which I think that is the way it has to be on screens with rounded corners. It covers the viewing area, and there are cut outs for the front facing camera too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lassy1.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	144001
    Is that a tempered glass? Link where to purchase?
    10-27-2014 03:51 PM
    Which Spigen case specifically? I'm interested in purchasing it myself.
    bdgriff likes this.
    10-27-2014 03:52 PM
928 ... 1112131415 ...