02-22-2017 06:47 AM
928 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Here is a update on the iloome flex.. It's a no go the corners are lifting up and are not sticking to the glass. I E mailed iloome asking for a refund I'm done with them
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    11-03-2014 01:47 PM
    Tried installing the SUPERSHIELDS - Near impossible to do... I got a crappy halo on it and even the corner where I had to peal it up to put it on straight didn't adhere right. I hate installing screen protectors. I guess i need to find a speigen or something... Ugh this is so frustrating.
    11-03-2014 01:50 PM
    Here is a update on the iloome flex.. It's a no go the corners are lifting up and are not sticking to the glass. I E mailed iloome asking for a refund I'm done with them

Aye ye ye. This really stinks. Maybe my 9.00 one that has misaligned cutouts and halo all the way around isn't so bad after all... :-/ At least it covers the whole glass and feels nice... SMH. Anyone else that put on the iloome flex confirm the lifting also?
    11-03-2014 01:57 PM
    What a bummer. I didn't get mine today but based on what you're saying I'm not even going to apply it. I'll just send it back. I'm going to wait to hear from those that ordered the Spartan glass protector as it's reportedly halo free. If not I'm going to get the Tech 21, it's not glass but appears to be highly protective and installs w/o a halo. I don't get it with iloome, this is a revised protector that was supposed to take care of the halo problem. Very very disappointing.
    11-03-2014 02:05 PM
    I mean the screen protector that came with my outterbox was 100 times better than this iloome junk and now I can't even put it back on since it got messed up from taken it off
    11-03-2014 02:07 PM
    I applied one of the Spigens I got a few weeks ago and it has a halo which means it is a batch issue since a few people have applied theirs without the halo. Gotta file a claim with Amazon since Spigen won't respond to my messages.
    11-03-2014 02:15 PM
    I'm seriously thinking about calling my local TMobile store to see if they have the Tech 21 in stock as it's not on Tech 21's website yet. If they do just buy it and be done with this nonsense. This is Samsung's fault for using a screen that none of the glass protector manufacturers can make a protector that fits properly without a halo. I've been following this thread and the one on xda forums for over 2 weeks and not a single glass protector works. When iloome responds to you tell us what they said if you don't mind.

The only pictures I've seen of a glass protector that fits without a halo is the Spigen .tr 4 which was pulled off the market.
    11-03-2014 02:28 PM
    Yes I will let everyone know what they tell me but most likely all they will say is do you want another or your money back I will ask for my money back... I want to try the zagg hdx and see what's up with that one I know its not glass it's a film but at least I would have to worry about my screen getting getting all scratch up
    11-03-2014 02:38 PM
    Cancel my interest in the Tech 21 protector. I just read some Amazon reviews on their S4 protector and they're all bad. Back to the drawing board, I just hope I don't scratch my screen before somebody comes out with a glass protector that fits the flat portion of the screen without a halo. I'm going to order a film one in the meantime, it's better than nothing.
    11-03-2014 02:52 PM
    There seems to be a somewhat common misconception that the iloome 8h Flexmate is not glass. It is glass ergo the 8h rating.
    I was just afraid that the properties which made it so flexible would also make it flex/give somewhat to the tip of the S Pen creating drag. But thanks for the info, appreciate it!

Hopefully between XDA and AndroidCentral somebody will strike gold. Samsung and the SP manufacturers really dropped be ball on this one!
    11-03-2014 03:13 PM
    You think this screen is a problem for protectors. Wait till we hear from the five people that buy an Edge......that will be five...globally!
    clanderson0 likes this.
    11-03-2014 03:21 PM
    I really don't know how the Edge could be any worse considering there isn't a single glass protector that fits the N4 without either a halo, improper fit or lifting at the edges.
    11-03-2014 03:49 PM
    I managed to install the iloome screen protector and there is a small raised edge at the top or bottom depending how you placed the screen

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-03-2014 04:07 PM
    Tried installing the SUPERSHIELDS - Near impossible to do... I got a crappy halo on it and even the corner where I had to peal it up to put it on straight didn't adhere right. I hate installing screen protectors. I guess i need to find a speigen or something... Ugh this is so frustrating.
    I suck at putting screen protectors on and mine went on just fine
    11-03-2014 04:10 PM
    I managed to install the iloome screen protector and there is a small raised edge at the top or bottom depending how you placed the screen

Let us know if your corners lift up after several hours.
    clanderson0 likes this.
    11-03-2014 04:34 PM
    I am perfectly happy with the SuperShieldz, a little smaller not enough halo to bother me and covers enough of the screen. Main advantage is the fingerprints are a non issue.

Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield For Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    11-03-2014 05:11 PM

Mine was on the top left corner, then it started to raise right across the top running to the right corner. Like I said I'm done with this glass screen protector b. S I'm just going to get a zagg yes I know it's not glass and that it's just a film but at this point I need something that's not going to come off so easily
    11-03-2014 06:16 PM
    Mine was on the top left corner, then it started to raise right across the top running to the right corner. Like I said I'm done with this glass screen protector b. S I'm just going to get a zagg yes I know it's not glass and that it's just a film but at this point I need something that's not going to come off so easily
    I have Spigen's plastic film protectors (the H3 rating ones). I wish there was an oleophobic one (not out yet, it seems), but it went on very well, and its sticking to the screen extremely well. No haloing or lifting up at all. extremely clear, no issue with the s-pen, I just wish it was oleophobic.
    11-03-2014 06:20 PM
    I have Spigen's plastic film protectors (the H3 rating ones). I wish there was an oleophobic one (not out yet, it seems), but it went on very well, and its sticking to the screen extremely well. No haloing or lifting up at all. extremely clear, no issue with the s-pen, I just wish it was oleophobic.
    Went I looked at the link I really don't like the blue one. I will still look around if iloome made one for the iPhone 6 why couldn't they make one for the note 4
    11-03-2014 06:43 PM
    its a completely clear screen protector, not blue. its just blue on the product page to show the shape of the protector.
    11-03-2014 06:45 PM
    Oh OK don't know I will look again... So it's not lifting up at all right?
    11-03-2014 07:00 PM
    No, not at all. but its not glass, its a thin H3 plastic protector. It's the same kind I've had since my Note 2, though, (although the Note 2 has an oleophobic coating). I wanted to go with glass, but with all the issues glass protectors are having, these work just fine. Although, as soon as Spigen brings out an oleophobic version, I'm going to upgrade to that.
    11-03-2014 07:37 PM
    Yes, I have that one. It fits great, covers everything. Im still hoping for a glass protector, but I am definitely not going without anything.
    11-03-2014 08:25 PM
    11-03-2014 08:37 PM
    How bad was the Zagg?
    Really bad, first I asked about the halo effect, they said "nope, it won't happen", well. .... it did. Interesting thing though, I called zagg, and talked to their CS rep, and she said I was the first to call in that complaint. She said they make an HD version and for $15 they can send one if I send the $40 one in to them I boughtfrom Best Buy. I said, no thanks, I'll return this and wait till spigen releases their version that does work. She did however confirm that the original zagg doesn't work, but didn't know if the HD version did or not.

Even when I went back to BB the guys there, couldn't believe how bad it had looked with the halo effect.
    11-03-2014 09:23 PM
928 ... 1516171819 ...