02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    The halo definitely is less noticeable on the white phones as the lighter color bleeds into the screen a little masking it. Good for the people with white ones, stinks for us with black. Using a micro level you can definitely see that the screen, at least on mine, starts to curve about 1.15 mm inside of the usable screen and then tapers off from there. Hence the reason the halo exists even on the ones that cover only the usable screen. As I said the Supershield I just put on has a minute halo compared to the one I had on there. A curved protector would be nice but none of these flat ones are going to be halo free without not covering even the viewable screen. Having the border of the protector inside the AMOLED border is not something I'm willing to live with. It's bad enough you can't get one edge to edge. My Spigen glas-Tr slim I had on my Note 3 was perfect. You could barely even tell I had one. To those who have no halo, kudos, but I definitely think you're in the minority. Placing a microlevel or a fine square edge on your screen will give you an idea of where your halo is going to show up. If there is any bright side to having the SP not cover the entire front glass, is when the screen is illuminated, it gives it a raised up 3D kind of effect when looking from the side. :-)

Sent from my SVF14N16CXS using Tapatalk
    11-06-2014 11:17 AM
    I just pitched my Zybbia and put on the new Supershieldz. While the protector is centered in the screen, there is a .75mm halo on left and .25mm halo on right. So there is a variance in either the screen or the protector. Their so small though its negligible for now. Home button, top and bottom are halo free. It's not ideal as the whole glass isn't covered but way better than the huge halo I had. I'll post some pics of my result when I can.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Sorry for the quality I used my old point and shoot.

Sent from my SVF14N16CXS using Tapatalk
    Attached Thumbnails Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-dsc00406.jpg  
    11-06-2014 11:27 AM
    The pic above is what mine looks like as well. OK for now.
    11-06-2014 12:08 PM
    I just got my Icarez and it's looks good it's the same hard plastic that comes with the outterbox but at least there is no halo and it sticks to the glass. It's a shame that something that cost $4.99 works better than the iloome that's cost $15.99
    11-06-2014 12:31 PM
    I so dislike screen protectors. Used the s-view case on my N3 but that brought a whole new set of problems with the kitkat upgrade plus the metal edges of the N4 won't be protected. So have to settle for something until a decent glass SP comes out. How does this affect the s pen usage? Does it drag? I've always had Verizon apply my screen protectors as I've never had success doing it myself so that makes me a little apprehensive.

I just got my Icarez and it's looks good it's the same hard plastic that comes with the outterbox but at least there is no halo and it sticks to the glass. It's a shame that something that cost $4.99 works better than the iloome that's cost $15.99
    11-06-2014 12:58 PM
    I so dislike screen protectors. Used the s-view case on my N3 but that brought a whole new set of problems with the kitkat upgrade plus the metal edges of the N4 won't be protected. So have to settle for something until a decent glass SP comes out. How does this affect the s pen usage? Does it drag? I've always had Verizon apply my screen protectors as I've never had success doing it myself so that makes me a little apprehensive.
    No the s pen doesn't drag at all. And if you find that it is dragging you would need to change the tip on the s pen to the light gray one that is like a light rubber tip
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-06-2014 01:41 PM
    Thanks for suggesting a change of tips. I guess for the money I can't go wrong.

No the s pen doesn't drag at all. And if you find that it is dragging you would need to change the tip on the s pen to the light gray one that is like a light rubber tip
    11-06-2014 02:28 PM
    Samsung sucks for designing a defective phone
    It was not designed to be covered up, it was designed to be used as-is.
    xchr1583x likes this.
    11-06-2014 03:04 PM
    I, too, pull the trigger and ordered supershieldz. Its true...there are small lines of halo to the sides of my screen and around the button but not enough to bother me. When screen is power on, you DO NOT see it.

Chuck is correct! Supershieldz best advantage is the fingerprints are a non issue!
    I had a speck of dust under the Supershieldz when I put it on and had to remove it using some tape. In the process I folded back a tiny bit of the upper left hand corner of the adhesive. After I removed the folded adhesive I had a huge halo at that corner. I had some Liquid Optical Clear Adhesive and put some on the corner and worked it up and around the corner. There is no halo what so ever on that corner and down part of that side. If you really wanted a good fit you could very carefully put LOCA around where the halo and some UV light and there would be no halo what so ever. You could also use a full coverage tempered glass protector since the halo would be gone when you are done.
    11-06-2014 03:15 PM
    What about this sweet little gem?

Attachment 146453
    11-06-2014 04:25 PM
    When I was in the Navy we did not think much of "Army Grade Protection". Hehehe.

I will wait and see how it works, who is getting one?
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-06-2014 05:02 PM
    What about this sweet little gem?

Attachment 146453
    Can't tell, but no cut-outs?
    11-06-2014 06:00 PM
    Don't see none for the camera
    11-06-2014 06:02 PM
    It is probably a simulated photo of the screen protector.
    11-06-2014 06:14 PM
    I went to Amazon to take a look at it and there are two pictures of this screen protector this one shown here and a one with the cut out high light in blue
    11-06-2014 07:47 PM
    11-06-2014 07:49 PM
    So the clarity I'm getting from a Spigen plastic screen protector is just a figment of my imagination? I'm not quite sure its true.
    I've been using film protectors for years and the screen clarity between that and the tempered glass is night and day.

In addition, here are some other advantages:

- Doesn't fade over time
    - Gliding feel when using the touch screen
    - Insurance in case you smash your screen
    11-06-2014 08:08 PM
    I've been using film protectors for years and the screen clarity between that and the tempered glass is night and day.

In addition, here are some other advantages:

- Doesn't fade over time
    - Gliding feel when using the touch screen
    - Insurance in case you smash your screen
    Which would you recommend in light of this thread?
    11-06-2014 08:24 PM
    DOesn't seem to have a cut-out for the camera sensor. I think that's a bad idea.
    11-07-2014 08:19 AM
    On this xda developers thread is a picture of a Zagg glass protector the poster just got installed at Best Buy with no halo.

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors - Pg. 92 | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums
    11-07-2014 01:03 PM
    Unless that is a new version there is no freakin way it completely sticks all the way around. I have tried three already and none stick around the edges of the screen
    11-07-2014 01:12 PM
    Unless that is a new version there is no freakin way it completely sticks all the way around. I have tried three already and none stick around the edges of the screen
    I think it is a newly revised version because as you can see from the picture it is applied properly and there is no halo. If you read a post on the previous page of the xda thread another poster talks about Best Buy getting a new shipment of Zagg glass protectors.
    11-07-2014 01:22 PM
    I'm going to call Best Buy now and see what the mobile phone counter monkey says.

I bet they don't have a clue.
    11-07-2014 03:56 PM
    Had a Zagg installed and not only did it have major halo but it even lifted after 2 weeks

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!
    11-07-2014 04:02 PM
    Just called 2 Best Buy stores and both said the original ones were never pulled and there is no way of telling if it's a revised or original version.

I see Zagg has a ship date of 11-10 to 11-11 so this might be the best way of getting the latest version.
    11-07-2014 04:06 PM
928 ... 1819202122 ...