02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    My Supershieldz has the halo. Not so bad on top and bottom, but definitely on the sides. And its the smaller one that only covers the viewing area. Not bothered by it much, but its there.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Mine has a slim one on the sides too but the top and bottom are good. Not worth dropping any extra money to gain .5mm more of coverage. Hoping for a decent solution. If someone covers the full screen, then the complaints of not case friendly will start

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    11-10-2014 04:13 PM
    Picked up the iloome Flex (which took a week for delivery, oh well) and put it on last night. There's not a full halo effect, but the entire right side the of protector is a tad lifted. Maybe last a couple of months...or a couple of weeks. It sucks. Anyone else have any luck with iloome's Flex? I thought because it took so long to come out, they corrected the issues. Or not.
    Have had my iloome flex on for a week or so with no lifting or falling off issues. There is a halo all the way around but its less than a mm wide and does not come onto the screen. The halo is only on the tiny black space all the way around the screen and not on the actual visible screen. Ya, it sucks, but I cant even notice it when the screen is on. This is the second screen protector that I have tried for a phone that I have had less than a month so I am just going to keep it because I am tired of dealing with it. I would only buy a new one if someone comes out with one with curved edges that will go edge to edge.
    keyzlife likes this.
    11-10-2014 04:17 PM
    Have had my iloome flex on for a week or so with no lifting or falling off issues. There is a halo all the way around but its less than a mm wide and does not come onto the screen. The halo is only on the tiny black space all the way around the screen and not on the actual visible screen. Ya, it sucks, but I cant even notice it when the screen is on. This is the second screen protector that I have tried for a phone that I have had less than a month so I am just going to keep it because I am tired of dealing with it. I would only buy a new one if someone comes out with one with curved edges that will go edge to edge.

11-10-2014 04:30 PM
    we are on the same boat, its a good thing that I have a friend who works as a technical support for screen protectors, I just let him do the stuff
    11-11-2014 07:19 PM
    Which would you recommend in light of this thread?
    I'll have to go with the Spigen Glass tR.

It's expensive but out of the el cheapo Chinese eBay crap that I've tried, it's the only one that doesn't leave fingerprints and have a smooth feel to it.

But there might be some that can rival these features without breaking the bank like Zerolemon so hopefully someone here has tried that.
    11-12-2014 08:03 PM
    The Spigen Glass tr. isn't currently available but some installed the original that was pulled with no halo so their revised one hopefully will be a good choice.
    11-12-2014 08:16 PM
    My Supershieldz has the halo. Not so bad on top and bottom, but definitely on the sides. And its the smaller one that only covers the viewing area. Not bothered by it much, but its there.

My words exactly. Just got mine put on and it's definitely smaller than it should be. Are we sure they're not just note 3 protectors re labeled as note 4? I have no idea bc I'm coming from a s4. Just a thought

11-12-2014 09:26 PM
    It would be wonderful if could just purchase a nice tempered glass screen protector that would work perfect on the Note 4.
    11-12-2014 10:23 PM
    I've also had mine on for a week or more and, so far, no issues and no halo. The only negative I see is that the iloome flexmate is a little softer than my previous Mime screen protector on my retired Note3 and already has some very minor scratches.

11-13-2014 08:27 AM
    Where did you get / see the spigen glas .tr one for the note 4 I cant find it.
    11-13-2014 09:41 AM
    I'm using the iCarez film protector and definitely don't recommend them. They are fingerprint magnets and the S Pen has a great increase in resistance. That said I'm leaving it on until a glass protector becomes available.
    11-13-2014 09:47 AM
    Spigen pulled the original from the market so it is currently unavailable.
    11-13-2014 09:48 AM
    Speaking of Mime, has anyone had a chance to try their glass protector?
    Note 4 Ghost Glass Screen Protector | MIME
    11-13-2014 12:47 PM
    I have one I bought it from amazon... It was inexpensive but worth it to me... Just because a screen protector is expensive don't mean it's better than the inexpensive ones.... I have no issues with it...see screenshot...
    Attached Thumbnails Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-1415905734820.jpg  
    11-13-2014 02:08 PM
    I left the plastic on the front of the screen the phone came with which worked pretty good so far. I bought a bear glass protector and yet to put it on yet. A little scared of doing it though. I have a cheap TPU case I got and it lifts up the edges of the OEM plastic. Planning to get a different case eventually but right now pickings are kind of slim. Thoughts?
    11-14-2014 09:53 AM
    Has anyone tried Phantom Glass?

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2014 12:17 PM
    Speaking of Mime, has anyone had a chance to try their glass protector?
    Note 4 Ghost Glass Screen Protector | MIME
    I use memi for 3 devices now. They have been listed as "out of stock" for awhile but now it's back. Says right in the description that the glass is "curved" so this should be nice.. Memi only one I will use.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!
    11-15-2014 11:44 AM
    The tempered glass on my note 4 hasn't had any negative effect on the fingerprint scanner for me. In fact, I feel like it has made it a little better.
    11-15-2014 02:07 PM
    So, I really like to keep my phones in perfect condition, and I would like to get a Galaxy Note 4 and apply a tempered glass screen protector to it, however, doing so will effectively raise my screen up slighty due to the thickness of the glass. Will this hinder my use of the fingerprint functions?
    I just bought a glass screen protector for my note 4 from a place at the local mall. First of all, the glass cover, didn't/doesnt snuggle against the glass screen perfectly since the glass is raised slightly and curved in the edges. The fingerprint scanner/detector on the home button, i was afraid it wasn't going to work the same, but it kind of does. The home button becomes flush to the glass and isn't raised up anymore. After one night of use, the fingerprint scanner seems to work FINE. just getting used to the raised screen or sunken in home button, is what it needs getting used to. Hope this helps. Just make sure that the glass you buy is made for the note 4. The one I have seems to work fine but looks wise, looks like around the perimeter of the phone, looks like the glass is for another phone. Doesn't look bad and works totally fine so I'll stick with this unless something else happens. The case iI fits fine with the raised screen thickness. I have the white note 4 with a black case with the stand on it. Works great the case does. Rasa ala babba to you.
    11-16-2014 10:48 AM
    I just bought a glass screen protector for my note 4 from a place at the local mall. First of all, the glass cover, didn't/doesnt snuggle against the glass screen perfectly since the glass is raised slightly and curved in the edges. The fingerprint scanner/detector on the home button, i was afraid it wasn't going to work the same, but it kind of does. The home button becomes flush to the glass and isn't raised up anymore. After one night of use, the fingerprint scanner seems to work FINE. just getting used to the raised screen or sunken in home button, is what it needs getting used to. Hope this helps. Just make sure that the glass you buy is made for the note 4. The one I have seems to work fine but looks wise, looks like around the perimeter of the phone, looks like the glass is for another phone. Doesn't look bad and works totally fine so I'll stick with this unless something else happens. The case iI fits fine with the raised screen thickness. I have the white note 4 with a black case with the stand on it. Works great the case does. Rasa ala babba to you.
    Show a pic if you get a chance...
    11-16-2014 11:47 AM
    I left the plastic on the front of the screen the phone came with which worked pretty good so far. I bought a bear glass protector and yet to put it on yet. A little scared of doing it though. I have a cheap TPU case I got and it lifts up the edges of the OEM plastic. Planning to get a different case eventually but right now pickings are kind of slim. Thoughts?
    I am finding out that putting on these glass protectors is a delicate move all by itself. Just keeping dust out, and getting the glass on squarely in the right place. Oh boy. I have blown a couple screens on my tab just putting them on.. All said and done, IMO, the glass protectors do their job..On the Note 4, a lot of vendors rushing to meet the demand, 95% of the first gen glass for the Note 4 didn't work. One sent me a replacement, which IMO works great, and the other vendor sent me a refund.

I got glass on my Tab Pro and Note 4, if they make it for the Gear S, will go with that too.
    11-16-2014 11:52 AM
    Verizon has the invisible shield for the Note4. I purchased it. I get a corporate discount. It's great.

11-16-2014 01:21 PM
    I am finding out that putting on these glass protectors is a delicate move all by itself. Just keeping dust out, and getting the glass on squarely in the right place. Oh boy. I have blown a couple screens on my tab just putting them on.. All said and done, IMO, the glass protectors do their job..)
    The wet swab really helps with that dust issue. Another person said to do it in the bathroom with the hot shower running--apparently makes dust less likely. But the wet swab seemed fine. The problem is if you don't get it on just right. Once you start playing with it, anything can happen! It does seem to require a magician at times. I dread it.
    11-16-2014 02:52 PM

This confirms the Tech 21 has a glass layer. Picked up a N4 for my wife and tried this as the Tmo store had a whole sleu of them. She could care less but the constant haziness from the smudges (if there's an oleophobic coating, it sucks!) and the sharp edges were driving me nuts. So when I ordered her case I grabbed a Bear motion to try. When I took the Tech 21 off It cracked. See picture. I cracked it a lot just to make sure Surprise, surprise haloriffic on the Bear. So I'm still happy with my supershieldz TG so far. The Tech 21 definitely has a glass layer and had no halo at all, but the coating on the top is just a fingerprint magnet from what I've seen. So if you always have really clean hands and hate halo, it might be your best option.

11-16-2014 05:38 PM
    Verizon has the invisible shield for the Note4. I purchased it. I get a corporate discount. It's great.

Can you take a picture of this Verizon product?

Posted Verizon Note 4
    11-16-2014 05:54 PM
928 ... 2021222324 ...