02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Stupid iloome's site looks like it has a curved Note 4 screen, but that's for Note 3. CURSE THEM!
    11-17-2014 08:28 AM
    ***Anyone who bought a ZAGG glass screen for note 4

So I bought the Zagg glass screen when I got my phone at best buy (Yes I'm a sucker)...anyways when I called Zagg to complain about the Halo they said there was nothing to replace it at this time. That was right when the phone came out. I just called again today and the guy said they designed a new one since they got so many complaints about it. He said it was released just a week ago. So he is sending it to me now for free. If you select it online you will have to pay 5$ for shipping so I would suggest calling in. Not sure if it is just BS and the screen will have the exact same issue as before but he said they got a ton of complaints so they redesigned it..

It's on back order since it just released so he said I might not get it for a few weeks. If anyone wants an update I will post when it gets here....JUST FYI
    11-19-2014 01:29 PM
    my screen protector got a Halo any solutions to it? what is the best brand for this?
    11-19-2014 10:09 PM
    I got the latest version of SuperShieldz, and I am a happy camper.. Not only does it fit right to me, and no halo, I took it to a Bestbuy and did a side by side to a naked Note 4 to see if I lost anything. Well, from my eyes I gain something, and daggone sure didn't lose anything.. I paid $7.50 free shipping for the SuperShieldz, I got a lock grin!!
    keyzlife likes this.
    11-19-2014 10:18 PM
    I got the latest version of SuperShieldz, and I am a happy camper.. Not only does it fit right to me, and no halo, I took it to a Bestbuy and did a side by side to a naked Note 4 to see if I lost anything. Well, from my eyes I gain something, and daggone sure didn't lose anything.. I paid $7.50 free shipping for the SuperShieldz, I got a lock grin!!
    Is it a tempered glass screen protector from super shieldz or just a film style screen protector?

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---
    11-20-2014 01:09 AM
    Is it a tempered glass screen protector from super shieldz or just a film style screen protector?

Tempered Glass
    swade8 and CehowardNote7 like this.
    11-20-2014 01:42 AM
    Tempered Glass
    Thanks

11-20-2014 01:44 AM
    So which ones are the top ones now that don't leave a halo around the screen?

--Sent from my Note Pro 12.2
    11-20-2014 03:44 AM
    I tried the trick to mount it with the shower running, the protector would barely stick and it was so hard to mount the protector because the water kept getting in my eyes.
    BarfingMonkey likes this.
    11-20-2014 02:16 PM
    You are not supposed to shower with it, but let the steam cling to the airborne dust and make them settle...
    11-20-2014 02:25 PM
    Any screen protector that covers the whole screen yet? I mean edge to edge, im getting tired of the one i have now.
    bertsirkin likes this.
    11-20-2014 04:04 PM
    You are not supposed to shower with it, but let the steam cling to the airborne dust and make them settle...
    I do believe that it was a joke.
    11-21-2014 07:19 AM
    So is my reply
    11-21-2014 07:24 AM
    I put a ismooth on my note 4, and it doesn't cover the whole screen, as many other others have said. It seems hit or miss with these covers. Some said they were perfect and many had the issue I have, so I sent an email last night to ismooth service. I guess we'll see what comes of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V
    11-21-2014 08:56 AM
    Question About Screen Protectors for the Note 4
    I've never had a screen protector on any of my phones, but decided to get one for my N4. I do know that I want: a good quality glass screen protector & one that does not cover the home button. Good clarity & non glare is also important. As far as price goes, of course I'd like to get one for a reasonable price point, however, quality is more important to me than pricing. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance for the replys.
    Sent From The Next Big Thing Is Mine!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-21-2014 01:34 PM
    Apparently you didn't read anything on this thread before you posted. There are no glass protectors currently available that fit properly and/or don't leave a halo.
    11-21-2014 01:45 PM
    Question About Screen Protectors for the Note 4
    I've never had a screen protector on any of my phones, but decided to get one for my N4. I do know that I want: a good quality glass screen protector & one that does not cover the home button. Good clarity & non glare is also important. As far as price goes, of course I'd like to get one for a reasonable price point, however, quality is more important to me than pricing. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance for the replys.
    Sent From The Next Big Thing Is Mine!!

Spigen available at B&H photo seems to be your best bet right now but it's pricey. I think the next runner up is the Supershieldz tempered glass. It has a cut close to the spigen, great oleophobic coating and minimal if any halo, all at 6.99 shipped! Again this just my experience thus far, I'm sure others will chime in.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    11-21-2014 01:46 PM
    What bothers me the most is on my supershieldz glass protector is that the bottom of it is in line with the bottom side of the main button. Leaving almost a 1/4 inch exposed and sucks when ever I hit the back arrow all the time. Like I'm always half on and half off.

11-21-2014 02:38 PM
    What bothers me the most is on my supershieldz glass protector is that the bottom of it is in line with the bottom side of the main button. Leaving almost a 1/4 inch exposed and sucks when ever I hit the back arrow all the time. Like I'm always half on and half off.

Completely agree. It could definitely be longer on the bottom.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    11-21-2014 02:55 PM
    Just got this reply from Spigen:

Subject: General_Product_Inquiry
    NOV 21, 2014 | 02:06PM PST
    Susan replied:

Dear Jason,
    Thank you for contacting Spigen Support.
    I am glad to hear that you are interested in our Spigen products.
    Our developers have already developed the GLAS.tR for the Note 4 but production has been discontinued. We also do not have definite plans to produce it again.
    If it becomes available again, we will announce it on both our twitter and Facebook site.
    Follow us on to stay posted on our newest products!
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/spigenworld
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/spigenworld
    Thanks again for choosing Spigen,
    Please feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions.
    Best Regards,
    Susan

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 4 using Tapatalk
    11-21-2014 05:29 PM
    Got this as a reply to non tempered glass screen protectors.

http://smoothsmooth.com/Note4Troubleshoot/

Edit* I guess it would apply to tempered as well.
    Sent from my SM-N910V
    11-21-2014 10:03 PM
    Just got this reply from Spigen:

Subject: General_Product_Inquiry
    NOV 21, 2014 | 02:06PM PST
    Susan replied:

Dear Jason,
    Thank you for contacting Spigen Support.
    I am glad to hear that you are interested in our Spigen products.
    Our developers have already developed the GLAS.tR for the Note 4 but production has been discontinued. We also do not have definite plans to produce it again.
    Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 4 using Tapatalk
    I purchased the Spigen GLASt.r for the Note 4 from Amazon before it was discontinued. I received it before the Note 4 was released in the US. I actually like the protector, and am using it now. Like all others, it doesn't cover the whole screen, but otherwise is perfect. I find it bizarre that they would have stopped production.

On a side note, I contacted Spigen both directly (thru their web site) and thru Amazon when I first started hearing about the coverage issues, but they never responded to either request.
    11-21-2014 10:43 PM
    I have come to terms that no matter what glass screen protector you get that once you put the N4 in a case the case it self with lift the glass off the screen. I have seen it happen many of time both with the N4 and the iPhone. So in my case I just went and got the icarez, yes it's not glass but at least my screen is cover and I can still keep it in the outterbox case without the screen lifting up....
    11-22-2014 09:43 AM
    Any screen protector that covers the whole screen yet? I mean edge to edge, im getting tired of the one i have now.
    I don't think so. My SuperShieldz covers just the viewing part of the glass, as the edges of the screen of the Note 4, seem to curve in at the edges.. So, IMO, most vendors of tempered glass, leave the edges alone. Too much trouble and more expensive to make, and for covering not part of the viewing area, I think the makers are say no to that one. If one is out there, I am sure it is north of $40
    11-22-2014 10:19 AM
    I have come to terms that no matter what glass screen protector you get that once you put the N4 in a case the case it self with lift the glass off the screen. I have seen it happen many of time both with the N4 and the iPhone. So in my case I just went and got the icarez, yes it's not glass but at least my screen is cover and I can still keep it in the outterbox case without the screen lifting up....
    I'm using the iCarez film until a glass protector is available too but my Seidio Surface case does cause it to lift and I've got bubbles at the bottom from the Seidio that can't be removed (they can be with the case off but not with it on). In addition the iCarez is a fingerprint magnet and the S Pen has a lot more resistance. I chose between the iCarez & amFilm based on peoples posts on xda forums. Both were well reviewed but I do not recommend the iCarez for the reasons I stated.
    11-22-2014 10:37 AM
928 ... 2122232425 ...