02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 2223242526 ...
tools
    I'm using the iCarez film until a glass protector is available too but my Seidio Surface case does cause it to lift and I've got bubbles at the bottom from the Seidio that can't be removed (they can be with the case off but not with it on). In addition the iCarez is a fingerprint magnet and the S Pen has a lot more resistance. I chose between the iCarez & amFilm based on peoples posts on xda forums. Both were well reviewed but I do not recommend the iCarez for the reasons I stated.
    I have no issues with the icarez. The so called resistance that you are having can be fixed with the replacement of the s pen tip. Just replace it with one of the light grey tips and that's it...
    11-22-2014 12:14 PM
    I'm still within Amazon's 30 day return window and I may well send the iCarez back. If I had something else to put on my screen without question I'd send them back. Maybe I'll order the amFilm or someone will come out with a haloless glass protector. Somebody on xda forums installed a MyBat glass protector with no halo (they posted pictures) and they're less than $10 maybe I'll try one.

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors - Pg. 127 | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums
    11-22-2014 01:52 PM
    Here is this one.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector, Hapurs Tempered Glass Scree... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZI4M98/...cUvbUpU4076345

The pictures of the black one is this SP sitting on top of my Supershieldz for comparison. The pictures of the white is this one on top of a bear motion. The last ones are it installed on the white. It's a little off to the right but not too bad. Halo is minimal but worse than the supshieldz IMO. I have a mybat and another one from Amazon coming to try then im putting the Supershieldz on the white one and calling it a day. I was looking to replace the bear motion asap because of the horrible coating. The coating on this one is very good. On par with the Supershieldz.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    11-22-2014 04:19 PM
    I'm looking forward to pictures of the MyBat considering a poster on xda forums posted a picture of it installed w/ no halo. What has happened thus far is somebody posts a picture with no halo then others post about the same protector but theirs have halos.
    11-22-2014 05:09 PM
    I'm looking forward to pictures of the MyBat considering a poster on xda forums posted a picture of it installed w/ no halo. What has happened thus far is somebody posts a picture with no halo then others post about the same protector but theirs have halos.
    True. I will post some pics of the others I get including the mybat. Halo is definitely more obvious on the black version. I've got about 1/16 halo on the left of my Supershieldz while all other three sides are halo free. Alignment is perfect so there is either a variation in the screen protector or the screen itself. I have more Supershieldz that I'm gonna try after I have given the others a go. Mine definitely starts to curve inside the viewable area though.

11-22-2014 05:41 PM
    I think I'm going to go naked on the screen after reading this thread , My note 12.2 has been naked since day one and I literally dropped it screen first from 6ft and I got no scratches or cracks. This glass is better the the note 12.2 so I'm not worried

Sent from my Note 4
    11-22-2014 06:00 PM
    I have come to terms that no matter what glass screen protector you get that once you put the N4 in a case the case it self with lift the glass off the screen. I have seen it happen many of time both with the N4 and the iPhone. So in my case I just went and got the icarez, yes it's not glass but at least my screen is cover and I can still keep it in the outterbox case without the screen lifting up....
    I have had the Bear Motion on mine for a month now it does have the very small gap on both sides and bottom I put the Defender on it without the included protector and have had no lifting.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-22-2014 06:24 PM
    The Zerolemon I installed a month ago has the halo but has not budged since installed. I have had a Thor case on it, a Ballistic Tough Jacket and a couple of different Spigens. However I don't take cases on and off regularly which might contribute to the protector lifting for some folks. Not a matter of trying to protect the Protector in my case. I just don't take cases on and off that often as a matter of course.

I think a lot is a matter of the installation. In my case while I am not thrilled with this Zerolemon it is not coming off unless and until I have another in hand that I want to install. Once again I will be attempting to create as perfect an installation environment as I can possibly create with everything in place before I even attempt to get the screen protector that is on it off. Frankly, the halo just does not bother me nearly as much as it seems to bother some.

The only thing I can really say about the Zerolemon is that it is not a fingerprint magnet of any kind. If anything it seems to reject fingerprints. Beyond that and the fact that it seems to stay on if it is installed correctly, there is really nothing to recommend it....price I guess...it is not nearly as costly as some. Yes the S-pen works fine as does the touchscreen. But I would not have expected S-pen and touchscreen to have been an issue anyway.
    11-22-2014 07:17 PM
    My memi ghost glass has very minimal halo. Much better then the Zagg I tried. Much better.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!
    11-22-2014 08:08 PM
    I have had the Bear Motion on mine for a month now it does have the very small gap on both sides and bottom I put the Defender on it without the included protector and have had no lifting.

Ditto, the Bear does have that bit of a halo, but it has not lifted off in any way despite its size. Further, with a case on (Spigen Tough Armor) it is recessed enough so that I'm pretty sure it won't at this juncture.
    11-23-2014 10:39 AM
    From the XDA thread it's beginning to seem the screen curve itself varies from phone to phone so no one protector will fit properly on all Note 4s. Someone there tried 1 protector on 4 different Note 4s and only 1 of them had no halo. It seems the only hope we Note 4 owners have now of having luck with a glass protector is finding a good flexible glass one.
    11-24-2014 03:56 AM
    So tried two more today. The first was the Puretech from the TMO store. To sum it up, waste of $40. Installation was a piece of cake but that's where it ends. It's very thin which is great. But it's still stiff enough to have halo which it does. On top of that, the sticker that secures it during installation leaves an almost possible to remove residue at the top. After removing, I bent it just to see if its glass. It was indeed. Actually it absorbed repeated blows well to protect a bear motion I had removed. But it looks terrible so that's it.

Another review coming up in a minute...

11-24-2014 03:41 PM
    I'll put the pictures up soon, for some reason tapatalk is acting whacky since the update.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 4 using Tapatalk
    11-24-2014 04:24 PM
    I'll put the pictures up soon, for some reason tapatalk is acting whacky since the update.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 4 using Tapatalk

tsells likes this.
    11-24-2014 05:26 PM
    It's not too bad on the sides but the top is ridiculous and the bottom is a pretty bad halo.
    11-24-2014 07:13 PM
    I'm just living with the Halo on my Zagg Glass, I tried the plastic HD screen protectors and have come to the conclusion that I'm willing to put up with the Halo in exchange for the feel and how the glass just has no imperfections on the actual screen. The Halo is off of the actual display so it doesn't effect anything on the screen, with the plastic I found it held dents and scratches and although it did heal some you could still see small indentations or left overs from imperfect installs.

So i'm ok with the Halo for now.
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-24-2014 07:47 PM
    You guys would be laughing your guts out at me if you saw the size of my halo. But as I have said before..it just does not really bother me. That said once one comes out that at least looks like a reasonable effort to resolve this, I will likely go for it.

Just a reminder to all of us.....while we wait do make sure to blow out the edge right where the screen protector meets the screen and where your case if you are using one lips over the front. Stuff is just dying to gather in the bottom of that furrow that is right there and then work its way around the edge of the protector. Worse than that, it will mix with moisture and grease eventually and it will harden in that area. At some point they could probably start to build tank armor out of the stuff once it gets hard enough. Depending on where I have been I likely blow that edge out every two to three days just to be safe.
    monsieurms likes this.
    11-24-2014 08:02 PM
    Here is the Noot from Amazon

Not a fan of the way they did the home button cutout but this may be the best thus far. Good oleophobic coating, covers more of the glass, has a very small halo on left and right similar to the Supershieldz, covers the front camera (no loss of quality), doesn't stop in the middle of the capacitive buttons.

11-24-2014 08:40 PM
    What bothers me the most is on my supershieldz glass protector is that the bottom of it is in line with the bottom side of the main button. Leaving almost a 1/4 inch exposed and sucks when ever I hit the back arrow all the time. Like I'm always half on and half off.

I do second this
    11-24-2014 09:50 PM
    I do second this
    Agreed. The one above does better in this aspect.

11-24-2014 09:55 PM
    MyBat

swade8 likes this.
    11-25-2014 05:10 PM
    I received my Bear Motion tempered glass screen protector today!
    Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector - Bear Motion Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 4 (Due to the limitation of tempered glass material, only the flat areas are covered. See Original Untouched Picture (2nd one) for the Ac

$7.99 and free shipping with Amazon Prime. Here's a picture from Amazon's product page:
    Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-71i5krfo0nl._sl1500_.jpg

I was impressed with the packaging. Enclosed in the fold-out package was the tempered glass, wet nap style cleaning pad, lint-free cloth and a sticker (I have no idea what that's for - probably to help with installation).
    Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-20141125_132215.jpg

The glass lined up perfectly with all buttons and sensors. There was no halo. About an hour after sticking it on, I noticed it shifted slightly and before I had a chance to take pictures... I decided to remove it and reapply. That's when I dropped it, adhesive side down, on the carpet. DOH!

I ordered another and am also waiting for a Supersheildz, both of which arrive on Friday.

Does the halo appear right away or after a few minutes/hours after the glass starts to separate along the edges? I'll post pics when the new package arrives. Have a great holiday!
    11-25-2014 05:44 PM

The glass lined up perfectly with all buttons and sensors. There was no halo. About an hour after sticking it on, I noticed it shifted slightly and before I had a chance to take pictures... I decided to remove it and reapply. That's when I dropped it, adhesive side down, on the carpet. DOH!

I ordered another and am also waiting for a Supersheildz, both of which arrive on Friday.

Does the halo appear right away or after a few minutes/hours after the glass starts to separate along the edges? I'll post pics when the new package arrives. Have a great holiday!

Screen protectors are tough to apply---I wouldn't quite say "one shot and done" but an hour later...? That has no good end to it. Even without dropping it.

I saw a bit of a halo immediately. It has never gone away. Never gotten worse. I'm content enough.
    yellowcanary73 and ejohnnyk like this.
    11-25-2014 05:58 PM
    MyBat
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...8982466a5c.jpg

What are your impressions of it?
    11-25-2014 06:52 PM
    So, the fingerprint functions still work with these thick screen protectors?
    I have the invisible shield glass screen protector and have not noticed any issues with functionality.
    11-25-2014 07:20 PM
928 ... 2223242526 ...