Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I so dislike screen protectors. Used the s-view case on my N3 but that brought a whole new set of problems with the kitkat upgrade plus the metal edges of the N4 won't be protected. So have to settle for something until a decent glass SP comes out. How does this affect the s pen usage? Does it drag? I've always had Verizon apply my screen protectors as I've never had success doing it myself so that makes me a little apprehensive.

No the s pen doesn't drag at all. And if you find that it is dragging you would need to change the tip on the s pen to the light gray one that is like a light rubber tip

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I, too, pull the trigger and ordered supershieldz. Its true...there are small lines of halo to the sides of my screen and around the button but not enough to bother me. When screen is power on, you DO NOT see it.

Chuck is correct! Supershieldz best advantage is the fingerprints are a non issue!

I had a speck of dust under the Supershieldz when I put it on and had to remove it using some tape. In the process I folded back a tiny bit of the upper left hand corner of the adhesive. After I removed the folded adhesive I had a huge halo at that corner. I had some Liquid Optical Clear Adhesive and put some on the corner and worked it up and around the corner. There is no halo what so ever on that corner and down part of that side. If you really wanted a good fit you could very carefully put LOCA around where the halo and some UV light and there would be no halo what so ever. You could also use a full coverage tempered glass protector since the halo would be gone when you are done.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
When I was in the Navy we did not think much of "Army Grade Protection". Hehehe.

I will wait and see how it works, who is getting one?

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I went to Amazon to take a look at it and there are two pictures of this screen protector this one shown here and a one with the cut out high light in blue

SaintofKillers

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
So the clarity I'm getting from a Spigen plastic screen protector is just a figment of my imagination? I'm not quite sure its true.

I've been using film protectors for years and the screen clarity between that and the tempered glass is night and day.

In addition, here are some other advantages:

- Doesn't fade over time
- Gliding feel when using the touch screen
- Insurance in case you smash your screen

LeoNote4b

Banned
Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I've been using film protectors for years and the screen clarity between that and the tempered glass is night and day.

In addition, here are some other advantages:

- Doesn't fade over time
- Gliding feel when using the touch screen
- Insurance in case you smash your screen

Which would you recommend in light of this thread?

comfortably nub

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Unless that is a new version there is no freakin way it completely sticks all the way around. I have tried three already and none stick around the edges of the screen

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Unless that is a new version there is no freakin way it completely sticks all the way around. I have tried three already and none stick around the edges of the screen

I think it is a newly revised version because as you can see from the picture it is applied properly and there is no halo. If you read a post on the previous page of the xda thread another poster talks about Best Buy getting a new shipment of Zagg glass protectors.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Had a Zagg installed and not only did it have major halo but it even lifted after 2 weeks

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just called 2 Best Buy stores and both said the original ones were never pulled and there is no way of telling if it's a revised or original version.

I see Zagg has a ship date of 11-10 to 11-11 so this might be the best way of getting the latest version.