02-22-2017 06:47 AM
928 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    I ordered the Zagg HDX... Of course I'm really hoping this is the end of my ridiculously long search to find a protector that fits properly without a halo...........we'll see.
    I'm pretty sure there won't be a halo, because the HDX is not a glass screen protector. The halo is purely a problem with the glass protectors because they have to fit the curved screen exactly.

Plastic/film screen protectors are not hard and so therefore should conform/stick to the exact form of the screen.
    12-03-2014 07:05 PM
    I'm pretty sure there won't be a halo, because the HDX is not a glass screen protector. The halo is purely a problem with the glass protectors because they have to fit the curved screen exactly.

Plastic/film screen protectors are not hard and so therefore should conform/stick to the exact form of the screen.
    I thought I'd be done with it after ordering the iloome Flexmate which isn't glass either but I didn't even bother to install it after seeing others post that it lifted soon after install, just sent it back. The Zagg HDX has 3H hardness and according to Zagg "extreme shaterproof resistance" which none of the film protectors I'm aware of have a hardness rating and none have any screen shatterproofing ability in a drop. I have high hopes that it will work as I'm really fed up (and I'm sure everyone else is too) with spending so much time trying to find a screen protector that fits properly has no halo and protects my screen.
    12-03-2014 07:13 PM
    Man. Now I'm worried my Zagg won't fit and I'm gonna start being frustrated and fed up.
    12-03-2014 07:30 PM
    Tempered Glass Screen Protectors - Pg. 152 | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

scroll to the bottom, pictures of an AT&T phone with a Zagg glass (invisableshield) protector revised version installed without a halo.
    12-03-2014 08:11 PM
    Has anyone put a plastic protector on then tried applying a tempered glass one to see if there would be no halo?
    12-05-2014 08:32 PM
    Has anyone put a plastic protector on then tried applying a tempered glass one to see if there would be no halo?
    That's sounds like an awful lot of work and money to fix an issue that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, since the curve of the screen is causing the halo-why would another layer of plastic solve the problem?
    12-06-2014 01:02 AM
    I installed my replacement, "re-engineered", Zagg Glass yesterday and there is definitely still a halo. It's smaller but it's there. And it's annoying...
    12-06-2014 10:36 AM
    I installed my replacement, "re-engineered", Zagg Glass yesterday and there is definitely still a halo. It's smaller but it's there. And it's annoying...
    Which carrier's phone are you using?
    12-06-2014 10:39 AM
    Put up a couple of pictures.
    12-06-2014 10:40 AM
    Hey has anyone tried the Otterbox Alpha Glass? At 28 bucks (on sale), it's pretty steep to buy one just to try it out. But if it solves all our problems...
    12-06-2014 10:59 AM
    Hey has anyone tried the Otterbox Alpha Glass? At 28 bucks (on sale), it's pretty steep to buy one just to try it out. But if it solves all our problems...
    Hopefully we will get a guinea pig in soon to try the Alpha Glass. I'm done wasting $$ on this crap.
    new2thisyeah and TheDonJ77 like this.
    12-06-2014 02:00 PM
    People who pay more than $5 for a tempered glass screen protector for their smartphone are not doing their homework, just got one on eBay for $4.29 for my Note 4, and got a double pack for my S4 a while back from amazon for $7.
    12-06-2014 02:38 PM
    People who pay more than $5 for a tempered glass screen protector for their smartphone are not doing their homework, just got one on eBay for $4.29 for my Note 4, and got a double pack for my S4 a while back from amazon for $7.
    OK so may I ask.. What does the price of a glass screen protector has to do with finding one that doesn't create a halo effect???
    tsells and godzillinois like this.
    12-06-2014 08:34 PM
    Vectron just posted his review on the Otterbox Alpha glass for the note 4 on XDA. The halos look pretty bad.

Review of Otterbox Alpha Glass tempered glas… | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums
    12-07-2014 09:11 AM
    Aegis made a full screen for the iPhones. Sent them an email asking about the note. aegis full size iphone6 glass screen protector:

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    12-08-2014 09:08 AM
    Received two of the Moko's today. One didn't even have a screen protector in the package... the other was complete and I installed it. Again this was my experience, but with a perfect clean and straight install, there was halo on both sides and around the home button. I didn't waste time taking pics as the halo was almost identical to the supershieldz. If you want to see what it looks like just see that one. Not bad but definitely there. In the meantime I reinstalled the MyBat I had on until I tried the Moko and it went back on virtually halo free again. The halo on this one is so minimal I would find it hard to believe there is one out there that has less that isn't too small. Two more MyBat's on the way one for the wifey and one as a backup. Search over. Good luck all.
    12-08-2014 06:53 PM
    Damn. Guess it was too much to hope for. Got my Zagg Glass protector in the mail and there's a halo. I'm gonna wait till tomorrow to see if it'll go away (it won't) and hopefully I can get an updated or at least a refund. At least it's case friendly as advertised :/
    Attached Thumbnails Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-1418097092955.jpg   Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-1418097103882.jpg   Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-1418097122772.jpg   Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-1418097138092.jpg  
    12-08-2014 09:52 PM
    Just got in my Zagg BOGO and I'm not sure if they are the revised versions or not.
    Can't test on my phone until tonight.

What ya think?

Attachment 153310
    12-09-2014 12:19 PM
    Just got in my Zagg BOGO and I'm not sure if they are the revised versions or not.
    Can't test on my phone until tonight.

What ya think?

Attachment 153310
    Let us know what happens and post a few pics. I am beginning to lose faith in the tempered glass game. Just don't think we will ever get the perfect glass with no halo
    12-09-2014 02:18 PM
    I gave up on this a long time ago.... I'm done looking and waiting for a glass screen protector without a halo
    12-09-2014 10:46 PM
    Santa came early this year! And he was in the form of a UPS driver delivering my ZeroLemon Tempered Glass. I normally would have waited until I could post pictures to post but the suspense was killing me. CONFIRMED! ZeroLemon glass is 100% HALO FREE! This was on my Black T-Mobile variant. I will post pictures on my Wife's white one and mine as well when I have her phone too for pictures. Although they apparently have a lifetime warranty I just snagged two more just in case before they're gone. Pictures up this afternoon.

Here's the link
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Warra...cUvbUpU4116476
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:06 PM
    Santa came early this year! And he was in the form of a UPS driver delivering my ZeroLemon Tempered Glass. I normally would have waited until I could post pictures to post but the suspense was killing me. CONFIRMED! ZeroLemon glass is 100% HALO FREE! This was on my Black T-Mobile variant. I will post pictures on my Wife's white one and mine as well when I have her phone too for pictures. Although they apparently have a lifetime warranty I just snagged two more just in case before they're gone. Pictures up this afternoon.

Here's the link
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Warra...cUvbUpU4116502
    Hurry up with those pictures
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-10-2014 12:14 PM
    Hurry up with those pictures
    Will do. I'm as pumped to share em as everyone probably is to see em. ✌

felloffthetruck and TheDonJ77 like this.
    12-10-2014 12:15 PM
    Will do. I'm as pumped to share em as everyone probably is to see em. ✌

It looks like some of the reviews on Amazon (even some 4-5 star ones) mention some sort of halo effect. It seems like it's the luck of the draw to see how big/little (or no) halo effect you get. Seems the same way for the Zagg.

This is really starting to get frustrating
    12-10-2014 01:29 PM

Here's the link
    http://www.amazon.com/Lifetime-Warra...cUvbUpU4116707
    We need pics
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    12-10-2014 02:00 PM
928 ... 2425262728 ...