02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    If I get time tonight I'll throw one of the Zagg's on my Verizon Note 4 and see what I get.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-10-2014 04:16 PM
    ZeroLemon on black tmo

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    bassplayrguy likes this.
    12-10-2014 05:28 PM
    If I get time tonight I'll throw one of the Zagg's on my Verizon Note 4 and see what I get.
    That will help alot. Then I can make a decision on the zero lemon or the zagg
    12-10-2014 05:28 PM
    It looks really good. Can see its just minimally smaller in certain areas but definitely no halo......Looks like a win
    12-10-2014 05:31 PM
    It looks really good. Can see its just minimally smaller in certain areas but definitely no halo......Looks like a win
    Yes it's inside the gray frame but still over the lilluminated part of the display. But def. no halo. I'll do the white one in a few hours.

12-10-2014 05:32 PM
    Yes it's inside the gray frame but still over the lilluminated part of the display. But def. no halo. I'll do the white one in a few hours.

That's the one I'm waiting for. I have the white version so really eat to see how that looks.
    12-10-2014 05:34 PM
    The ZeroLemon seems really small. Judging from your pics, it looks like it doesn't fully cover the screen, which is probably why there's no Halo.
    I would probably prefer a small halo that actually protects more of the screen/phone.

SideNOTE (pun lol): This is what I've discovered. Everyone's phone seems to be different. As you can tell from this thread, so have halos, and some don't while testing the SAME protector. So it seems that the curve on everyone's Note varies. I have the MyBat protector that has no halo, yet others (including my buddy) has halo. I switched to a different one that HAS halo because the halo on the white version doesn't really bother me at all. I just want the glass to cover as much of the screen as possible.
    12-10-2014 07:17 PM
    ZeroLemon on white tmo. Has halo. This exact same protector went on my black one halo free. I have more coming, I'll try another just to see if I got a "lemon". But the screen appears more curved on the white one I have. Or the protectors have variance. So mybat for my white tmo and ZeroLemon for my black one. Aye ye ye. Side note, they all go halo free on my shower wall...

12-10-2014 08:11 PM
    OK, Put the Zagg glass on the white Verizon Note 4 and there is a slight halo on both sides and at the top. I got the glass on too high and this is what is causing the worst halo at the top. The sides are not that bad at all and if it was a little lower I would have been 100% happy.
    I was going to pull it off and try the other one but think I'll live with this one for a while. It's on with no junk under the glass and I could end up even worst trying the second one. The side halos do not look that bad in person.

I had a ton of problems getting decent pictures. Here are the best ones I could come up with.

Attachment 153531Attachment 153532Attachment 153533Attachment 153534Attachment 153535Attachment 153536Attachment 153537
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-10-2014 08:28 PM
    ZeroLemon on white tmo. Has halo. This exact same protector went on my black one halo free. I have more coming, I'll try another just to see if I got a "lemon". But the screen appears more curved on the white one I have. Or the protectors have variance. So mybat for my white tmo and ZeroLemon for my black one. Aye ye ye. Side note, they all go halo free on my shower wall...

Amazing how the black one looked so good and the white is terrible.
    12-10-2014 09:33 PM
    New Zagg, same old halo. after sending me the wrong screen protector twice, they send me the New and improved glass. Halo!

Posted via the Android Central App
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    12-10-2014 09:34 PM
    Forgot the pics

Attached Thumbnails Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-20141210_213538_hdr0.jpg   Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-20141210_213528_hdr.jpg  
    12-10-2014 09:57 PM
    Forgot the pics

Is that the tech 21 mesh case (clear)? If so how do you like it? Is it minimal? I only ask because I just ordered one on monday
    12-10-2014 10:02 PM
    Is that the tech 21 mesh case (clear)? If so how do you like it? Is it minimal? I only ask because I just ordered one on monday
    Had the Tech 21 Clear Mesh and it's a decent case. The Tech 21 I got did not have the right cutouts for the Verizon model and I ordered it direct from Tech 21 in the UK. They gave me a full refund and told me to keep the case.

TheDonJ77, what you think about my Zagg glass install? Should I pull it off and try the second one?
    12-10-2014 10:50 PM
    The ZeroLemon seems really small. Judging from your pics, it looks like it doesn't fully cover the screen, which is probably why there's no Halo.
    I would probably prefer a small halo that actually protects more of the screen/phone.

SideNOTE (pun lol): This is what I've discovered. Everyone's phone seems to be different. As you can tell from this thread, so have halos, and some don't while testing the SAME protector. So it seems that the curve on everyone's Note varies. I have the MyBat protector that has no halo, yet others (including my buddy) has halo. I switched to a different one that HAS halo because the halo on the white version doesn't really bother me at all. I just want the glass to cover as much of the screen as possible.
    Shouldn't it make more sense for the screen protectors to be different? I believe the quality control on a near $1000 piece of hardware should be better than that of a $10 glass screen.

Unless...the screens differ on each carrier version of the Note? Which would explain why the same screen protector fits differently on random phones?
    12-11-2014 12:05 AM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...2dca206f2f.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...893b51f43f.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...af2ce90d26.jpg

Crap, I guess I stand corrected? That's bloody weird, or outrageous possibly. The screens on a companies flagship phone should not have this much variance!

I think I give up trying to guess this one. Since Zagg hasn't returned my last 3 emails I think I'm just going to return it and try the Mybat. Even if I have to try a couple to get the right fit at least they're only $10 as opposed to $40 for the Zagg :/
    12-11-2014 12:08 AM
    Had the Tech 21 Clear Mesh and it's a decent case. The Tech 21 I got did not have the right cutouts for the Verizon model and I ordered it direct from Tech 21 in the UK. They gave me a full refund and told me to keep the case.

TheDonJ77, what you think about my Zagg glass install? Should I pull it off and try the second one?
    If you haven't already I would try a reinstall
    12-11-2014 07:22 AM
    It looks like some of the reviews on Amazon (even some 4-5 star ones) mention some sort of halo effect. It seems like it's the luck of the draw to see how big/little (or no) halo effect you get. Seems the same way for the Zagg.

This is really starting to get frustrating
    There is a solution (Mine): live with some halo. Honestly, it is really obvious when the device is OFF. When on, I don't find it such a big deal. I'm content with the Bear, halo and all. It is easier than tearing my hair out forever.
    12-11-2014 01:31 PM
    There is a solution (Mine): live with some halo. Honestly, it is really obvious when the device is OFF. When on, I don't find it such a big deal. I'm content with the Bear, halo and all. It is easier than tearing my hair out forever.
    I can see the Zagg halo clear as day even with the screen on. I'm calling their customer service today.
    12-11-2014 02:00 PM
    I think I'm just going to either face facts and live with a halo on the edges of the phone if I get the tempered glass or just go with no glass at all. There is just no consistency with glass that have no halo, only glass with halo
    monsieurms likes this.
    12-11-2014 02:25 PM
    I'm going to leave this Zagg on until my Alpha glass arrives and see what it looks like in person.
    I've had Zagg glass on many of past phones and this Note 4 one does not seem as smooth as the past versions. Maybe they used a cheaper coating on this one.
    12-11-2014 02:46 PM
    I think I'm just going to either face facts and live with a halo on the edges of the phone if I get the tempered glass or just go with no glass at all. There is just no consistency with glass that have no halo, only glass with halo
    I hear ya. Felt the same way, fortunately my persistence paid off right before I threw in the towel.

12-11-2014 02:47 PM
    I hear ya. Felt the same way, fortunately my persistence paid off right before I threw in the towel.

Although MyBat had no halo on mine, even if it did, I don't really care anymore as it doesn't effect me at all since you can really notice it when the screen is off. Not sure why anyone would stare at a blank screen anyways lol

I think some here probably spent so much money experimenting screen protectors, that the cost can buy them the Note 5!
    12-11-2014 03:04 PM
    What tempered glass screen protector is that?
    12-11-2014 04:02 PM
    Is there a tempered glass protector that's easy to put on? I purchased a regular screen protector and can't seem to get it on without dust getting on the screen and causing air bubbles.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-11-2014 05:38 PM
928 ... 2526272829 ...