02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Is there a tempered glass protector that's easy to put on? I purchased a regular screen protector and can't seem to get it on without dust getting on the screen and causing air bubbles.

Posted via Android Central App
    I hate the Zagg halo but I have to admit, they have the simplest install for any screen I have ever seen. It's genius really, the top protective layer has tabs attached so you can just lay down the screen protector.
    12-11-2014 05:46 PM
    I think I'm pulling the trigger and going to order the zagg glass tonight. F it
    12-11-2014 06:01 PM
    I hate the Zagg halo but I have to admit, they have the simplest install for any screen I have ever seen. It's genius really, the top protective layer has tabs attached so you can just lay down the screen protector.
    Ok thank you!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-11-2014 06:06 PM
    Even with the tabs I managed to get mine on too high. godzillinois is 100% right, the Zagg tabs make all the difference when installing the glass.
    Tabbiel1989 and monsieurms like this.
    12-11-2014 07:04 PM
    I think I'm pulling the trigger and going to order the zagg glass tonight. F it
    Welcome to Club Halo
    TheDonJ77 and keyzlife like this.
    12-11-2014 07:05 PM
    Welcome to Club Halo
    Don't worry we're all angels here!
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    12-11-2014 07:50 PM
    I've officially turned one of my sunpasses into my tempered glass installation tool.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    12-11-2014 10:49 PM
    Put one my my spare ZeroLemons on my wife's white note to give it another shot, perfect! No halo either. So black and white tmo notes halo free.

12-12-2014 06:49 PM
    i have had a Zerolemon on my N4 since late October. It has had a halo from day 1. However I notice that there is a huge size difference between my Zerolemon glass screen protector and the one photographed on the black N4. I can't really tell much about size on the white N4 but there is no doubt in my mind that the one on the black N4 photographed is much smaller than the one I have on my N4. It is not the installation either. The gaps out to the screen edge top and bottom on the one photographed are greater and not by a small amount either. Either the supplier to Zerolemon (they are no doubt not making it themselves) has purposefully changed to a smaller size or the quality control is such that the size is changing from one production run to the next.
    12-12-2014 10:07 PM
    i have had a Zerolemon on my N4 since late October. It has had a halo from day 1. However I notice that there is a huge size difference between my Zerolemon glass screen protector and the one photographed on the black N4. I can't really tell much about size on the white N4 but there is no doubt in my mind that the one on the black N4 photographed is much smaller than the one I have on my N4. It is not the installation either. The gaps out to the screen edge top and bottom on the one photographed are greater and not by a small amount either. Either the supplier to Zerolemon (they are no doubt not making it themselves) has purposefully changed to a smaller size or the quality control is such that the size is changing from one production run to the next.
    The protector on the white and the black are identical. I checked them before install. However, this was the 2nd one to go on the white. The first seemed to be lacking enough adhesive at the edges, or was flatter than this one and it had halo. The 2nd try was gtg.

12-12-2014 10:10 PM
    I have to think the size dif is on purpose. It looks too great a dif to just be an accident. Would not surprise me either as going smaller is one answer to the halo thing. Less glass angled out away from the actual screen...less halo.

Might not even be a bad idea for that matter. The only thing I think we want to watch out for, especially for people using cases or covers like me is dirt, dust, debris piling up at the edge of the screen protector and between the lip of the cover. Get some gunk in there and add a little moisture and you end up with hardened crud building up on the screen right at that edge. I blow out the bottom of that little furrow that is formed there regularely to keep the junk from building up in the first place.
    12-12-2014 10:27 PM
    Put one my my spare ZeroLemons on my wife's white note to give it another shot, perfect! No halo either. So black and white tmo notes halo free. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...76a18ddb5e.jpg

Is it pretty simple to put on?

12-12-2014 11:01 PM
    Is it pretty simple to put on?

This makes about 20 for me so I'm getting better at. But with these being cut smaller to fit with no halo precise placement is key! For the zero lemons I used making tape and dry fit it to where I wanted it and then just layed it in the tape frame. Worked great. Only problem is the curves of the glass aren't symmetrical with the center of the screen. So if you line up square with the screen I had halo both times on the right side. I had to go just a smidge to the left to stay off of the curves. This seems to be the case with others as well as there has been reports of halo on the right edge. But once I readjusted to the left it layed flat. All in all its pretty easy if you just take your time and do it under the right conditions.

12-13-2014 01:18 AM
    Is that the tech 21 mesh case (clear)? If so how do you like it? Is it minimal? I only ask because I just ordered one on monday
    This one is actually a Spigen. Very minimal and shows off the phone. I like it.
    12-13-2014 08:49 AM
    This makes about 20 for me so I'm getting better at. But with these being cut smaller to fit with no halo precise placement is key! For the zero lemons I used making tape and dry fit it to where I wanted it and then just layed it in the tape frame. Worked great. Only problem is the curves of the glass aren't symmetrical with the center of the screen. So if you line up square with the screen I had halo both times on the right side. I had to go just a smidge to the left to stay off of the curves. This seems to be the case with others as well as there has been reports of halo on the right edge. But once I readjusted to the left it layed flat. All in all its pretty easy if you just take your time and do it under the right conditions.

Thanks for that info! I asked because I always have trouble getting screen protectors on without dust or lint getting in it.

12-13-2014 08:21 PM
    Dankees, the fingerprint sensors are not covered by screen protectors. That said, on my Galaxy S5, the raised surface around the fingerprint sensor makes it more prone to error when I try to use it. I reverted to my screen pattern as a result.
    12-14-2014 12:17 PM
    Maybe we don't even need a tempered glass protector as the Note 4 has Corning Gorilla Glass 4

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | Samsung GALAXY Note 4 Products with Gorilla
    12-14-2014 01:57 PM
    Just purchased a zagg tempered glass screen protector from best buy.com for $25 with a price match from amazon. I will pick it up in store. Will someone from best buy be able to install it for me?

12-14-2014 03:36 PM
    Best buy charges 8.00 for installation. Just do it yourself. It's very easy.
    12-15-2014 12:48 PM
    So long time lurker for this thread. I initially got the MIME ghost glass for my note 4 and there of course was a (minimal) halo but it served its purpose. I dropped my phone while on the elliptical and it cracked as it hit an exposed bolt, but the glass under was protected and had no damage. So it did it's job, I will be ordering a new one with the 40% discount I get for a replacement (awesome lifetime garuntee for that).
    But in the meantime I ran over to the verizon store and got their tempered glass protector for the note 4 and noticed a more pronounced halo around the home button. Also the verizon tracks finger prints like it's its job. Oleophobic my ***. The MIME definitely was better at keeping clean and protected a fatal drop, a real winner for me.

Also something I noticed with both glass screen protectors, the S pen has a minuscule error (but consistent so you can adapt to it) in position which is more noticeable on the the verizon. I notice it only becuase I draw A LOT and in great detail on my note 4 so it probably isn't that crucial to most users. I think it's just because the glass is so thick.
    Steven58 likes this.
    12-15-2014 03:07 PM
    Best buy charges 8.00 for installation. Just do it yourself. It's very easy.
    I didn't realize they charged if you brought it from them. For some reason I am able to install screen protectors on smaller phones almost perfectly, Note 4 not so much.

12-15-2014 03:55 PM
    YEESH! I tried getting a refund from Zagg and they wanted me to pay to ship back the screen protector! I've never had a company that tried to charge me return shipping for a defective item! Had to talk to a manager.
    12-15-2014 09:46 PM
    My zagg note 4 does have a halo but it doesn't really bother me. It's an upgrade from the all the air bubbles I had with my last screen protector.

12-15-2014 10:19 PM
    I bought the MyBat glass protector. So far no halo and feels pretty good.
    The cuts are good but edges aren't exactly rounded (but not sharp like needle that it will cut you easily)
    So I'm just going permanent with this one.

Tired of wasting money and time sending back all those other ones
    Anybody besides nobbb getting halo-free results with the Mybat?

So far we got 1 person each not getting a halo with the Mybat, Zagg, Zerolemon and Bear. Anyone else getting halo-free results from any of these brands?
    12-15-2014 11:49 PM
    So I have a supershieldz mybat and zero lemon on the way. I figured one out of 3 has to work since it sounds like a crapshoot which one will not have a halo. Supershieldz will prolly be the stand by in case one breaks. I'm also worried about people's complaints about fingerprints and the front camera being covered affecting pics.

I also got a spigen slim armor coming but now I kind of wish I got the speck candyshell. Too many options out there. One of those good kind of problems I guess. Lol

12-17-2014 12:24 AM
928 ... 2627282930 ...