02-22-2017 07:47 AM
928 ... 2728293031 ...
tools
    This makes about 20 for me so I'm getting better at. But with these being cut smaller to fit with no halo precise placement is key! For the zero lemons I used making tape and dry fit it to where I wanted it and then just layed it in the tape frame. Worked great. Only problem is the curves of the glass aren't symmetrical with the center of the screen. So if you line up square with the screen I had halo both times on the right side. I had to go just a smidge to the left to stay off of the curves. This seems to be the case with others as well as there has been reports of halo on the right edge. But once I readjusted to the left it layed flat. All in all its pretty easy if you just take your time and do it under the right conditions.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    So did you line up the masking tape on the right edge just a smidge left of where the lit up portion of the screen begins? Any on the top or bottom?

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-17-2014 12:28 AM
    Anybody have any experience with Rhino Shields? They seem to be a midpoint between regular screen protectors and tempered glass ones

http://www.evolutivelabs.com/product...iant=939143777
    12-17-2014 02:56 AM
    So I have a supershieldz mybat and zero lemon on the way. I figured one out of 3 has to work since it sounds like a crapshoot which one will not have a halo. Supershieldz will prolly be the stand by in case one breaks. I'm also worried about people's complaints about fingerprints and the front camera being covered affecting pics.

I also got a spigen slim armor coming but now I kind of wish I got the speck candyshell. Too many options out there. One of those good kind of problems I guess. Lol

Return the Slim armor and get the candyshell grip. I've already been down that road. My slim armor is now collecting dust in a drawer and I rock the candyshell grip.

The candyshell grip is slimmer and offers way better grip. I used on my previous note 3 as well. Great case for phablets.
    12-17-2014 06:27 AM
    So did you line up the masking tape on the right edge just a smidge left of where the lit up portion of the screen begins? Any on the top or bottom?

Yes lined up the protector about .2-.3mm to the left of center and put tape on the right side and at the bottom for an L shaped frame. You can free hand it if your steady, this was just easier to make sure its precise. Which apparently a small misalignment makes the whole thing halo. I have a replacement on the way to put on after my Zagg trial, I'll post a pic of the tape when I get it.

felloffthetruck likes this.
    12-17-2014 06:42 AM
    Yes lined up the protector about .2-.3mm to the left of center and put tape on the right side and at the bottom for an L shaped frame. You can free hand it if your steady, this was just easier to make sure its precise. Which apparently a small misalignment makes the whole thing halo. I have a replacement on the way to put on after my Zagg trial, I'll post a pic of the tape when I get it.

Yes, please show us your installation techniques.
    12-17-2014 09:56 AM
    So I have a supershieldz mybat and zero lemon on the way. I figured one out of 3 has to work since it sounds like a crapshoot which one will not have a halo. Supershieldz will prolly be the stand by in case one breaks. I'm also worried about people's complaints about fingerprints and the front camera being covered affecting pics.

I also got a spigen slim armor coming but now I kind of wish I got the speck candyshell. Too many options out there. One of those good kind of problems I guess. Lol

Let us know how they fit! With pics preferably please!
    12-17-2014 10:18 AM
    I didn't realize they charged if you brought it from them. For some reason I am able to install screen protectors on smaller phones almost perfectly, Note 4 not so much.

They used to do it for free. No more.
    12-17-2014 07:57 PM
    Groupon has these on sale right now. Has anybody had any experience with them? Just wondering if I should try these or go with a Zerolemon or Supershieldz.
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-abys...-galaxy-note-4
    12-18-2014 09:00 PM
    Groupon has these on sale right now. Has anybody had any experience with them? Just wondering if I should try these or go with a Zerolemon or Supershieldz.
    http://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-abys...-galaxy-note-4
    Doesn't look like much of a sale from "normal" price. Plus, it seems like it's actually plastic according to the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Temper...cUvbUpU4133874
    12-18-2014 09:28 PM
    Maybe we don't even need a tempered glass protector as the Note 4 has Corning Gorilla Glass 4

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | Samsung GALAXY Note 4 Products with Gorilla
    My theory of protection is that protection, just like backing up, is a process, not a single, one-thing-does-it event. I expect the gorilla glass to be helpful as a last line of defense. Before that, I expect the screen protector to be the last third-party line of defense, and a good case to absorb most of the impact with its raised lip first of all, and make both unnecessary most of the time..

Gorilla glass is not a magic bullet. There are some good comments here, among other threads:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask...glass-3-a.html
    thetaylor310 likes this.
    12-19-2014 07:20 AM
    Okay, nust called the Zagg store 10 minutes from me, dude says he has "revised" note 4 tempered glass in stock for the beast. 50 bucks including install. I'm about to head over. Keep ya'll posted

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    12-19-2014 02:39 PM
    Okay, nust called the Zagg store 10 minutes from me, dude says he has "revised" note 4 tempered glass in stock for the beast. 50 bucks including install. I'm about to head over. Keep ya'll posted

Cool, give us some pictures. I wish there was a Zagg store around here.
    12-19-2014 04:05 PM
    I bought one from Zerolemon which I tried to install and failed miserably. As soon as I peeled of the adhesive from the screen protector, all kinds of dust particles started clinging to it immediately making installing it impossible. I tried wiping the dust off but I also ended up removing some of the adhesive glue so I gave up. I contacted the merchant and Zerolemon to see if I can return it and get a refund. I bought the Zerolemon battery case as well and that came with an regular plastic screen protector which I had no trouble installing and works just fine. If you're trying to install a glass screen protector, I'd recommend you get a professional to do it.
    12-19-2014 04:20 PM
    Cool, give us some pictures. I wish there was a Zagg store around here.
    Still with the revised version there is a halo on both sides. Not terrible but it's there. Besides that there is no difference between the tempered glass and the regular glass. Clear, smooth and fluid. SPEN works flawlessly too. I probably will just keep it on unless it starts to really get to me.

12-19-2014 08:36 PM

12-19-2014 09:19 PM
    I keep meaning to ask. What is this "halo" everyone keeps mentioning? If it has been answered with photos and diagrams, please just point me to that post or thread.
    12-19-2014 09:50 PM
    I keep meaning to ask. What is this "halo" everyone keeps mentioning? If it has been answered with photos and diagrams, please just point me to that post or thread.
    Look real close at the first picture I posted, it's right along the edges, or better yet.........

PaulaO likes this.
    12-19-2014 09:53 PM
    Ah. I see that now. And thanks for the arrows. You knew I was blonde, didn't you?
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-19-2014 10:32 PM
    your halos look fatter then mine. I still have the first Zagg on the phone. I have another Zagg and the Alpha glass just sitting here collecting dust.

Does that Tech 21 have the elongated opening for Verizon?
    12-19-2014 10:36 PM
    Look real close at the first picture I posted, it's right along the edges, or better yet.........

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...31e427cf0f.jpg

That's about the same result I had the other day with the "revised" Zagg.

12-19-2014 10:40 PM
    your halos look fatter then mine. I still have the first Zagg on the phone. I have another Zagg and the Alpha glass just sitting here collecting dust.

Does that Tech 21 have the elongated opening for Verizon?
    It appears so.

12-19-2014 11:23 PM
    Still with the revised version there is a halo on both sides. Not terrible but it's there. Besides that there is no difference between the tempered glass and the regular glass. Clear, smooth and fluid. SPEN works flawlessly too. I probably will just keep it on unless it starts to really get to me.

How many tries did it take to put it on before you were satisfied with the alignment? It seems like the halo gets more pronounced the more times you lift it up.

12-20-2014 12:17 AM
    The other question is should I try the zero lemon or mybat first on my white at&t note?

12-20-2014 12:22 AM
    Since no one is answering my thread about this: has anyone tried the Rhino Shield yet? (For this, or any other phone.)

To me it sounds like it'd be in-between a glass and plastic screen protector and would hopefully provide the protection of glass, with the fit of plastic?

http://www.evolutivelabs.com/pages/rhinoshield

I'm also wondering how the S Pen would perform with it and how'd it feel?
    12-20-2014 02:34 AM
    The other question is should I try the zero lemon or mybat first on my white at&t note?

ZeroLemon. Amazon seller Fenix select does prime shipping and has the newer version.

12-20-2014 07:41 AM
928 ... 2728293031 ...