02-22-2017 06:47 AM
928 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Is the iloome flex a glass or is it a screen protector??

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4
    Its both! Flexible glass screen protector.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
    12-26-2014 09:45 PM
    Its both! Flexible glass screen protector.

Whoa!! Where has this been? Have I been living under a rock? Reviews, Halo?

12-26-2014 09:45 PM
    Whoa!! Where has this been? Have I been living under a rock? Reviews, Halo?

Scroll up to post 757 and 758. No halo. Some negative reviews early on kept me from trying and after all others had halo I gave it a shot. Iloome flex glass is the best glass option now IMO. If you don't need glass, Zagg HDX would be next best option. My experiences with iloome customer service have been great so far. Ordered through Amazon.

iloome Galaxy Note4 / Note 4 ScreenMate Flex Flexible Glass 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating by iloome http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB9ET2W/...cUvbUpU4149251

TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-26-2014 10:08 PM
    Scroll up to post 757 and 758. No halo. Some negative reviews early on kept me from trying and after all others had halo I gave it a shot. Iloome flex glass is the best glass option now IMO. If you don't need glass, Zagg HDX would be next best option. My experiences with iloome customer service have been great so far. Ordered through Amazon.

iloome Galaxy Note4 / Note 4 ScreenMate Flex Flexible Glass 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating by iloome http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB9ET2W/...cUvbUpU4149270

Thanks my friend. This may have just gave me new hope. Lol

12-26-2014 10:15 PM
    Here's a video from good ole Flossy.

keyzlife and TheDonJ77 like this.
    12-27-2014 09:45 AM
    A while back there were more posts about the iloome Flexmate lifting in all 4 corners after install than there were forum members that successfully installed it. And it was the version iloome released after they pulled their original glass protector because of haloing. For that reason I sent mine back without even trying it.
    12-27-2014 11:03 AM
    I love the BodyGuardz so far.
    Haalycyon, can I ask what type of case you have & where you got it?? I like the flip covers, (espec. in white) but been having a hard time finding any flip covers with a secure closure that DOESN'T affect the screen/SPen. So, I've still been using the S View cover with the Spigen magnet attached (It's the only 1 I've found that doesn't interfere.) Thanks!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    12-29-2014 09:18 PM
    Won a Facebook contest for iloome and got a 40% off coupon code. The flex was $20 minus the discount so I paid $12. I've had the spigen clear up until this point waiting to find the best option. Hope I'm as lucky as the others who have had clean installs with no halo. I guess we shall see.

Posted via the Android Central App
    keyzlife and TheDonJ77 like this.
    12-29-2014 09:34 PM
    Haalycyon, can I ask what type of case you have & where you got it?? I like the flip covers, (espec. in white) but been having a hard time finding any flip covers with a secure closure that DOESN'T affect the screen/SPen. So, I've still been using the S View cover with the Spigen magnet attached (It's the only 1 I've found that doesn't interfere.) Thanks!

Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!
    It is a Tech21 Classic Shell Wallet. I got it at T-Mobile. I like the protection it gives. Funny enough I don't see it on Tech21's website in black.
    12-30-2014 12:17 AM
    yes I am also a fan of iCarez but going for the Spigen this time or maybe Zagg or Tech Pro
    yea | got The zagg one on my Note 4 PAID 42.00 At Best Buy

12-30-2014 05:57 AM
    Got the zagg glass from best buy with employee discount (came to 13.xx) Installed it and was a little crooked, I should have just left it but I took it off and reapplied it. Of course dust and hair got on the glass sticky part and couldn't get it off so I have 2 decent sized bubbles underneath the screen, its only really noticeable when the screen is off though. Has the halo effect but its only probably a half an inch.

I contacted zagg in an email and asked them if I would have to pay shipping + return shipping since the halo effect is a manufacturer warranty, waiting to hear back from them.

Say you are unhappy with the way you installed the protector and want a new one, will they ship you out a new one? Or does the glass have to be broken?
    12-31-2014 09:59 AM
    I always let the reps install screen protectors...especially tempered glass. When I tried it was not perfectly straight and there was dust. I've had good results with Best Buy performing the installs and have complete confidence in them. Well worth the $8 installation fee to me.

from the IV✒
    12-31-2014 10:03 AM
    Keyz,

On post 757 and 758 which protector are those?
    12-31-2014 10:59 AM
    Got the zagg glass from best buy with employee discount (came to 13.xx) Installed it and was a little crooked, I should have just left it but I took it off and reapplied it. Of course dust and hair got on the glass sticky part and couldn't get it off so I have 2 decent sized bubbles underneath the screen, its only really noticeable when the screen is off though. Has the halo effect but its only probably a half an inch.

I contacted zagg in an email and asked them if I would have to pay shipping + return shipping since the halo effect is a manufacturer warranty, waiting to hear back from them.

Say you are unhappy with the way you installed the protector and want a new one, will they ship you out a new one? Or does the glass have to be broken?
    If you have a halo they should replace it for that reason.
    12-31-2014 12:53 PM
    Called Zagg about the Halo on both of my glass protectors and they said that they will send me out 2 HDX at no charge until they figure out the glass problem. Guess the Note 5 will be out by then.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    12-31-2014 02:04 PM
    Called Zagg about the Halo on both of my glass protectors and they said that they will send me out 2 HDX at no charge until they figure out the glass problem. Guess the Note 5 will be out by then.
    It seems like the problem is not with their glass, so to speak, but with the size. If they make the glass less tall and less wide (like the BodyGuardz) it won't be halo. I don't see th email design benefit to this rounded glass that Apple and Samsung have decided to use as of late. Is there some design benefit or are they just trying to give tempered glass aficionados a hard time?

from the S5 💸
    12-31-2014 02:11 PM
    Keyz,

On post 757 and 758 which protector are those?
    That's the iloome screenmate flex.

iloome Galaxy Note4 / Note 4 ScreenMate Flex Flexible Glass 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating by iloome http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NB9ET2W/...cUvbUpU4157103

12-31-2014 07:12 PM

Just hit the support link on the zagg.com site and then select chat. If they're busy, it may take awhile but hang in there. You'll likely get Chris P. They're well aware of this problem. He's going to send me the modified one, once the old halo'd ones clear the market. They already replaced mine hoping for a new one but I got an old one with a halo. :/. I'm sure Chris will forgo the postage for you as he did for me. They're great folks there.

Steven
    12-31-2014 09:15 PM
    Just hit the support link on the zagg.com site and then select chat. If they're busy, it may take awhile but hang in there. You'll likely get Chris P. They're well aware of this problem. He's going to send me the modified one, once the old halo'd ones clear the market. They already replaced mine hoping for a new one but I got an old one with a halo. :/. I'm sure Chris will forgo the postage for you as he did for me. They're great folks there.

Steven
    My Zagg has the halo but it's not bad. I was planning to just live with and if it ever gets crud under the halo (after some months, not weeks, hopefully), I'll pull it and replace it with BodyGuardz, which is slightly smaller and, therefore, does not have the halo.

from the IV✒
    12-31-2014 09:48 PM
    So the last one I tried even though it's not glass was the Zagg HDX. Its definitely without halo as it should be, it's plastic. Looks great. Install is a little trickier than the glass ones but the tabs help.

Pros
    -Looks good, no halo.
    -Self healing.
    -Thick enough it should give good protection.
    -Good warranty.

Con's
    -Has a fair amount of drag with s-pen and finger. Much better than other plastics, just not like glass, even after three coats of rain-x.
    -Not as clear as iloome flex or other glass protectors. Has a hazy appearance when screen is off compared to the glasses.
    -S-Pen left trails all over the face of the phone. Some healed, but some remain.
    -Expensive for plastic.

It's a viable option for someone who prefers plastic to glass, but for the money IMO the iloome is the better purchase. If you're having issues with either protector, my experiences with both customer services has been great. Not trying to bash Zagg at all, but for those who have a less curved screen as apparently I do, the iloome seems the better buy. For those with wicked curves, the HDX is probably your better option. Gonna try the zagg til Friday when my second iloome gets here. But most likely this HDX will be replaced with that.

Tried to show the trails but they wouldn't come out.

wbf22 likes this.
    01-01-2015 12:35 PM
    I use the Mr. Shield screen protector, which I purchased from Amazon, They're not expensive, and very easy to install. No bubbles, if you follow the instructions, and they're very smooth and thin. Works great!
    01-02-2015 12:50 AM
    Iloome screenmate flex after removing the Zagg HDX. Flawless install again. Can barely tell it's there. Eureka! 

rvhs03 likes this.
    01-03-2015 08:45 PM
    Is the iloome smoother then the Zagg glass?
    01-03-2015 09:24 PM
    Is the iloome smoother then the Zagg glass?
    No. Its smooth but there are others that are more slippery. MyBat was the best for slickness but the iloome has no halo, lifting and is nearly invisible on the phone. Search for glass complete.

01-03-2015 09:46 PM
    This is the 2nd flexmate you've installed flawlessly, correct? Mine should be here Monday. Can't wait now!

01-03-2015 10:06 PM
928 ... 2930313233 ...