Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Zagg HDX after someone on xda forums posted pictures of theirs with no halo on an AT&T phone which is what I have. I read the reviews on Zagg's website and no one complained about a halo (although there were halo complaints for the glass invisibleshield). It's less than 1mm thick which depending on how large it's cut I may need to work with my Seidio Surface case. I'll post pictures after I receive & install it. Of course I'm really hoping this is the end of my ridiculously long search to find a protector that fits properly without a halo...........we'll see.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Zagg HDX... Of course I'm really hoping this is the end of my ridiculously long search to find a protector that fits properly without a halo...........we'll see.

I'm pretty sure there won't be a halo, because the HDX is not a glass screen protector. The halo is purely a problem with the glass protectors because they have to fit the curved screen exactly.

Plastic/film screen protectors are not hard and so therefore should conform/stick to the exact form of the screen.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure there won't be a halo, because the HDX is not a glass screen protector. The halo is purely a problem with the glass protectors because they have to fit the curved screen exactly.

Plastic/film screen protectors are not hard and so therefore should conform/stick to the exact form of the screen.

I thought I'd be done with it after ordering the iloome Flexmate which isn't glass either but I didn't even bother to install it after seeing others post that it lifted soon after install, just sent it back. The Zagg HDX has 3H hardness and according to Zagg "extreme shaterproof resistance" which none of the film protectors I'm aware of have a hardness rating and none have any screen shatterproofing ability in a drop. I have high hopes that it will work as I'm really fed up (and I'm sure everyone else is too) with spending so much time trying to find a screen protector that fits properly has no halo and protects my screen.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone put a plastic protector on then tried applying a tempered glass one to see if there would be no halo?

That's sounds like an awful lot of work and money to fix an issue that shouldn't be an issue.

Also, since the curve of the screen is causing the halo-why would another layer of plastic solve the problem?

pomoster

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
I installed my replacement, "re-engineered", Zagg Glass yesterday and there is definitely still a halo. It's smaller but it's there. And it's annoying...

layout98

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey has anyone tried the Otterbox Alpha Glass? At 28 bucks (on sale), it's pretty steep to buy one just to try it out. But if it solves all our problems...

cybertec69

Banned
Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
People who pay more than $5 for a tempered glass screen protector for their smartphone are not doing their homework, just got one on eBay for $4.29 for my Note 4, and got a double pack for my S4 a while back from amazon for $7.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
People who pay more than $5 for a tempered glass screen protector for their smartphone are not doing their homework, just got one on eBay for $4.29 for my Note 4, and got a double pack for my S4 a while back from amazon for $7.

OK so may I ask.. What does the price of a glass screen protector has to do with finding one that doesn't create a halo effect???