02-22-2017 06:47 AM
928 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    icarez is also good, got one before, Moshi not yet tested but Im willing to buy and try one
    02-11-2015 03:01 PM
    I second the icarez. Just switched from a bodyguardz to the icarez. It's a bit more tacky than the Bodyguardz. It's much thinner, coverage is much better and no halo. I had to switch my spen tip to the white one to get more smoothness otherwise i love it. Since it is so thin i wonder how well it will protect compared to the bodyguardz. I think it will protect against scratches just fine. Dont know about impacts.
    Thanks, I want to order one, but which one on Amazon?
    Attached Thumbnails Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-1424368397075.jpg   Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-1424368417982.jpg  
    02-19-2015 11:53 AM
    Thanks, I want to order one, but which one on Amazon?
    The thinner one .15 I've HD it for about a month and it's pretty awesome.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    02-19-2015 05:42 PM
    Yep. Get the .15mm one.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    02-19-2015 10:14 PM
    A thinner tempered glass would be better so the tempered glass edge can flex to adhere properly over the edge of the screen. Forget those tempered glass having thickness of .2mm to .3mm
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    02-20-2015 09:13 PM
    Halo, halo...

Before i made a decision on buying a 9H screen protector, i was seeing lots of user reviews of how the halo would appear post-install and how the protector itself didn't cover 100% of the front surface. However, since i'm not in the States and i don't have the luxury of buying new protectors at every whim, i had to make a decision. i bought one from Pleson for 9 bucks

Yup, halo appeared immediately after install and yup, it doesn't fully cover the front... but it did its job last night. i was at a subway station and was taking out my phone out of my pocket when some girl bumped into me and knocked my phone of my hands. Must've been about 2~3 feet of distance, but the phone fell flat on the face. If it weren't for my halo-ed protector, i might've had a different night

If any of y'all are feeling generous, i'll gladly accept any unwanted protectors haha
    02-21-2015 10:13 PM
    I am not familiar with the Phantom glass gonna check it out
    02-22-2015 05:31 AM
    Yep. Get the .15mm one.
    Thanks to you and everyone else, I got the thinner of the two from ICarez, and yup...no halo. However, it seems to attract more dirt, lint, and dust than the other tempered glass I used that has a halo. I am keeping this one though. 😃
    02-25-2015 07:51 PM
    Going to buy the Galaxy Note 4 soon, found a tempered glass for it online just want to know other brands that you might know that is much better compared to the one I am interested to,

Im interested in purchasing the TechPro Tempered Glass Screen Prote
    Amazon.com: TechPro Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Premium Real Tempered Glass Screen Protector with HD Clarity. 8-9H Hardness. Rounded Edges. 1 Pack - Retail Packaging (2013 version): Cell Phones & Accessories

TechPro is a good one bought one before for my Nexus 6 also planning to buy one for S6 I think, hopefully
    02-27-2015 08:03 PM
    Keyzlife... would you mind telling us that case you are using in this pic(#783)? Thanks for all the screen protector help!!

Thanks!
    04-06-2015 12:49 PM
    I just got an invisible shield glass by zagg. So far no issues. This is my first time ever owning tempered glass screen protector. For $40 it better protect my screen. 😁😁

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-06-2015 01:32 PM
    Here is what I am using. I purchased this one from the Sprint store for: $35.00, and later found it selling on Amazon for a mere: $7.59. I feel ripped! But I do like it. It's nice. Avoid buying accessories from cell providers b&m if @ all possible.

Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-img_0082.jpgBest Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-img_0084.jpgBest Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-img_0090.jpgBest Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-img_0091.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Toontor-Privac...cUvbUpU4335206
    Brian Kenny likes this.
    04-06-2015 04:48 PM
    ^
    ^
    ^

Hello The SPCS Guy! Just curious about the privacy screen protector you have. On the display, has it darkened enough that the brightness level needs to be turned up?
    04-07-2015 06:37 PM
    What case is that

Posted via Nexus 6
    04-08-2015 10:06 PM
    ^
    ^
    ^

Hello The SPCS Guy! Just curious about the privacy screen protector you have. On the display, has it darkened enough that the brightness level needs to be turned up?
    It's just right for me. No need to turn it up or down @ this level:

What case is that
    Posted via Nexus 6
    Here is the Spigen® [ALUMINUM BUMPER] Galaxy Note 4 Case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cUvbUpU4342558
    Neo_ii_Droid likes this.
    04-09-2015 09:33 AM
    It's just right for me. No need to turn it up or down @ this level:
    Nice! Thanks for the show and tell.
    04-09-2015 09:59 PM
    Sheesh guys, now you have me sucked into this thread The Note 4 has knocked my socks off so far! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with accessories. It just took me forever poring through your posts Hey, if you can point me in the direction of an easy to find guide on all the cool features of the Note 4, I would love that.

This is what I ordered:

Bessmate™ 9H Hardness Ultra-clear Premium Anti-Scratch Anti-shatter Bubble-free Tempered Glass Screen Protector:
    Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-screen-shot-2015-04-12-12.10.16-pm.png

Case:
    Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-screen-shot-2015-04-12-12.12.25-pm.png

Armband:

Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-screen-shot-2015-04-12-12.09.01-pm.png
    04-12-2015 12:21 PM
    I have a question regarding glass screen protectors. I bought a cheap one on eBay, I did a really great job with alignment. There is very very slight halo-ing around just a small portion of the screen. It's not noticeable unless in a very particular light condition. I've tried taking a thin piece of paper to test whether it's actually lifted up, and I can't even come close to sliding it under, leaving me to believe it's a non-issue.

I just want to know whether leaving it like this is truly detrimental to the display at all?

My critical thinking leads me to thinking it's not, but I'd like others to chime in. A slight annoyance is okay, but physical damage due to this would really bother me.

04-12-2015 01:32 PM
    I have a question regarding glass screen protectors. I bought a cheap one on eBay, I did a really great job with alignment. There is very very slight halo-ing around just a small portion of the screen. It's not noticeable unless in a very particular light condition. I've tried taking a thin piece of paper to test whether it's actually lifted up, and I can't even come close to sliding it under, leaving me to believe it's a non-issue.

I just want to know whether leaving it like this is truly detrimental to the display at all?

My critical thinking leads me to thinking it's not, but I'd like others to chime in. A slight annoyance is okay, but physical damage due to this would really bother me.

I've had a Zagg glass which has a halo on my n.4 since the beginning of January. I haven't noticed and damage or flaws from the halo and I'm constantly looking at this phone for flaws and blemishes. Its still perfect. Still pure.

I think you'll be fine.
    04-12-2015 02:31 PM
    I was at a Sprint store a couple of weeks ago and one of the customer service guys had a Otterbox glass screen protector on. It looked really good on the Note 4 without any halo. The cost of it was $35. I don't want to pay that much for a screen protector, but it looks good.
    04-12-2015 06:11 PM
    I've had a Zagg glass which has a halo on my n.4 since the beginning of January. I haven't noticed and damage or flaws from the halo and I'm constantly looking at this phone for flaws and blemishes. Its still perfect. Still pure.

I think you'll be fine.
    Haha you sound like me. I'm constantly checking the display edges for scratches in the sunlight. So far so good!

04-12-2015 08:38 PM
    So I got the iloome flex glass and have had it on for 3 weeks now. I had the Zagg before which had a halo, but I kept it on for months for protection until I got this iloome to replace it.

First of all l didn't realize how much the halo bothered me until I took the Zagg off! The screen looks so much better bare and with the iloome! For those not bothered by their halo, wait until you take off your screen protector or get one without a halo!

Install wasn't hard, but it wasn't as easy as I expected, and I made the mistake of upgrading to Lollipop right after putting on the new screen. My phone got so hot from all the upgrades that the ilioome started to peel. I've got most of it down expect for a sliver in one corner, but I chalk that up to install error and not a fault of the screen protector. Though it does show how this screen protector is prone to peeling in high heat.

Overall I'm satisfied with it, though this flexible glass definitely doesn't seem as protective as tempered glass did, but there's less glare and slightly better feel for the pen too. Besides that one corner it's barely noticeable though so that's nice. I am glad I replaced the (overpriced) Zagg halo glass, now I guess I'll just wait until there's a definitive tempered glass solution. The iloome flex is definitely a worthy alternative until then!
    04-15-2015 12:16 AM
    I have the Zagg and it has a halo and I keep thinking I'm gonna go up to the AT&T store and have them install a BodyGuardz, which is halo-free, but it seems like such a wasteful thing to do when the Zagg is otherwise without flaw.
    04-15-2015 03:52 AM
    I suggest not to get the ICarez one afterall. Within the 1st month of use, I have replaced 2 of them, because they had scratches on them during my use of the SPen. I liked it initially cuz of no halo, but the scratches started to appear in the middle of the screen, from using the SPen. The seller was nice enough to give me a full refund.
    04-15-2015 06:25 AM
    So I got the iloome flex glass and have had it on for 3 weeks now. I had the Zagg before which had a halo, but I kept it on for months for protection until I got this iloome to replace it.

First of all l didn't realize how much the halo bothered me until I took the Zagg off! The screen looks so much better bare and with the iloome! For those not bothered by their halo, wait until you take off your screen protector or get one without a halo!

Install wasn't hard, but it wasn't as easy as I expected, and I made the mistake of upgrading to Lollipop right after putting on the new screen. My phone got so hot from all the upgrades that the ilioome started to peel. I've got most of it down expect for a sliver in one corner, but I chalk that up to install error and not a fault of the screen protector. Though it does show how this screen protector is prone to peeling in high heat.

Overall I'm satisfied with it, though this flexible glass definitely doesn't seem as protective as tempered glass did, but there's less glare and slightly better feel for the pen too. Besides that one corner it's barely noticeable though so that's nice. I am glad I replaced the (overpriced) Zagg halo glass, now I guess I'll just wait until there's a definitive tempered glass solution. The iloome flex is definitely a worthy alternative until then!
    So you don't have any halo on the iloome?
    04-17-2015 07:43 PM
928 ... 3233343536 ...