02-22-2017 06:47 AM
928 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Wonder if the new one will be better?
    I would guess - Yes. Otherwise why pull it?!
    10-17-2014 06:31 PM
    The only way they can make it better is if they make it smaller/cover less of the screen, They don't have anything resembling curveprotect technology for their screen protectors.

They also pulled the metal neo hybrid and capsule capella cases, not for defect reasons. So there can be many reason for pulling the glas tr slims including low stock.
    10-17-2014 06:53 PM
    Yes it is. I ordered it a couple of days before it was pulled. This is the box it came in.
    Attachment 141644
    Ok. Thanks.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk
    10-17-2014 06:56 PM
    The only way they can make it better is if they make it smaller/cover less of the screen, They don't have anything resembling curveprotect technology for their screen protectors.

They also pulled the metal neo hybrid and capsule capella cases, not for defect reasons. So there can be many reason for pulling the glas tr slims including low stock.
    From what I read on the xda fourms they are having flash deals on their products. They will make it avail for an hour at like 4.99, and then remove them when the deal is done.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-17-2014 07:08 PM
    had the spigen on my note 4, but that dust catching border that is inthe viewing part of the screen, i can't have that for a 25 dollar screen protector
    Ha, as soon as my Nikon charges up going to take a picture of my $6.99 SuperShieldz screen. I ordered it around early Sept, and they were getting ready to ship, but stopped shippment and told me that because of the rounded corners of the Note 4, they had to retool/redsign and would I wait for the new version. Yes, it came to day. Oh boy!!
    Will post a pic in about half hour.. Looks nice, rounded corners and no halo..
    10-17-2014 07:30 PM
    Ha, as soon as my Nikon charges up going to take a picture of my $6.99 SuperShieldz screen. I ordered it around early Sept, and they were getting ready to ship, but stopped shippment and told me that because of the rounded corners of the Note 4, they had to retool/redsign and would I wait for the new version. Yes, it came to day. Oh boy!!
    Will post a pic in about half hour.. Looks nice, rounded corners and no halo..
    Is this the one you got?

Supershieldz- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Premium [Tempered Glass] Screen... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N458IXO/...cUvbUpU3972271

10-17-2014 07:35 PM
    10-17-2014 08:40 PM
    Here is the redesign one. Supershieldz. Edges are rounded, and as far as I can see, no halo. Works nice, especially for $6.99 and free shipping .

Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-glak15.jpgBest Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-glak17.jpgBest Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-glak20.jpg
    ohbreeeezy and Beltelmel like this.
    10-17-2014 08:42 PM
    My Spigen sits flush.
    Attachment 141642
    Ya, because it doesn't cover the edges - LOL If that's a screen protector, I'll go naked...
    10-17-2014 08:45 PM
    I don't ever recall claiming it did cover the edges.
    10-17-2014 09:15 PM
    Ya, because it doesn't cover the edges - LOL If that's a screen protector, I'll go naked...
    You've made it pretty clear that you're going to go naked even before these issues so why make that statement? It covers enough of the display to warrant its price and usefulness so many will still use it.

I do wish it covered more and comparing it to the Zagg Glass on my S5 I must admit it looks strange. Samsung shouldn't have used 2D Glass but they did so we will do the best we can.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    10-17-2014 09:20 PM
    Then go naked...
    10-17-2014 09:35 PM
    Here is the redesign one. Supershieldz. Edges are rounded, and as far as I can see, no halo. Works nice, especially for $6.99 and free shipping .

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glak15.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	70.1 KB 
ID:	141662Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glak17.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	141663Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glak20.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	141664
    Do you have a link?

10-17-2014 09:50 PM
    So, the fingerprint functions still work with these thick screen protectors?
    The glass protectors don't cover the home button

10-17-2014 09:52 PM
    Yeah, why is it so small? I received mine in the mail, but I didn't open the envelopes. I'd better get my shipping charges refunded as well!
    10-17-2014 10:02 PM
    Then go naked...
    I plan to...had a Zagg Glass on my Note 3. Nothing more than an overpriced grease magnet, like every other glass screen protector; complete and utter garbage - worst viewing experience ever on a phone. Best day on that phone, was the day I pulled it off! Now I can see in sunlight, and don't need to clean the phone with screen cleaner. A quick wipedown on my jeans gets the glass spotless in seconds.

At least I won't be using Spiegen's 1/2 screen protector, because they can't figure out how to properly cover the entire phone...

Here's a thought: If I damage my Note 4 screen, I'll just buy another one!
    10-17-2014 10:03 PM
    Yeah, why is it so small? I received mine in the mail, but I didn't open the envelopes. I'd better get my shipping charges refunded as well!
    It's small because it wouldn't fit if it were any larger. Blame Samsung for using a 2.5D cut for the edges. Either the protector has to be smaller or you'll have the halo effect from the glass hanging out on the edges. Even iloome is holding out on producing a curveprotect version because it's difficult to produce a decent protector that covers the edges.
    10-17-2014 10:14 PM
    It's small because it wouldn't fit if it were any larger. Blame Samsung for using a 2.5D cut for the edges. Either the protector has to be smaller or you'll have the halo effect from the glass hanging out on the edges. Even iloome is holding out on producing a curveprotect version because it's difficult to produce a decent protector that covers the edges.
    Is anything sized right?
    10-17-2014 10:23 PM
    Is anything sized right?
    That's the $64,000 question. It appears that as of right now - No!
    But a couple are still in the works - iLoome and a newer Spigen.
    10-17-2014 10:25 PM
    I just installed the Zagg Glass Invisible shield. If you're looking for them, best buy has a lot of them. It went fairly well, but this is one you'll have to be very patient with. I was smoothing out bubbles for at least ten minutes. It looks pretty good now though.
    10-17-2014 10:33 PM
    You're only speculating on the Spigen, just because it was removed doesn't mean they're revising anything. The current one already fits well - albeit not full coverage. And iloome already said that they're putting the curveprotect one on ice for the time being since they haven't been able to get it right.
    10-17-2014 10:45 PM
    Do you have a link?

For you,

Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay

What I like about this vendor was, I had ordered back about late Sept or early Oct.. They were getting ready to ship, but stopped. Sent me a note telling me that the rounded and or/curve of the Note 4, that this one would not be a good fit, and ask did I want to wait!! Very cool. I waited. Other vendors, even HIGH END VENDORS shipped out the early ones and hence no fit.. For the price I paid, I would not have felt bad if it didn't fit!

It seem the way to go with the Note 4 is not to cover the whole screen. Just the viewing part. Another vendor sent me one, and that didn't even have a cut out for the front facing camera. The are making a revision and going to send me a replacement. That will be my spare..
    10-17-2014 10:53 PM
    I purchased the zag glass from sprint and they installed it for me seemed to go on very easy and it looks and works great

10-17-2014 10:54 PM
    All of these accessory manufactures that have to deal with more than a connector interface, have to wait to get their hands on an actual device before they can really do justice to a design. Some can do it with a mock up depending on who provides the mock up. But it is true that the device manufacturer spends thousands of man hours on the phone in total or his contractors for sub-assemblies and component do and then an accessory manufacturer would be lucky to spend hundreds of man hours on their accessory design. More often than not, the accessory supplier is trying to adapt his particular technology piece as best he can to a particular device. The Corning glass guys given their relationship with corning are likely to have the best shot at a screen protector that goes all the way to the edges because Corning is making the screen that actually is on the device. I would rate iloome as having the next best shot because they have done it before.
    10-17-2014 11:10 PM
    For you,

Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay

What I like about this vendor was, I had ordered back about late Sept or early Oct.. They were getting ready to ship, but stopped. Sent me a note telling me that the rounded and or/curve of the Note 4, that this one would not be a good fit, and ask did I want to wait!! Very cool. I waited. Other vendors, even HIGH END VENDORS shipped out the early ones and hence no fit.. For the price I paid, I would not have felt bad if it didn't fit!

It seem the way to go with the Note 4 is not to cover the whole screen. Just the viewing part. Another vendor sent me one, and that didn't even have a cut out for the front facing camera. The are making a revision and going to send me a replacement. That will be my spare..
    Awesome. Thanks!!!

10-17-2014 11:43 PM
928 ... 34567 ...