GS4Bob

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site

I order this one...Amazon $17
Also going with the Spigen Tough Armor Note 4 case - $19

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My favorite tempered glass screen protector is the iCarez. They are >half the price of the Spigen ones and I can't tell a difference in quality. Usually the knock offs have squared edges and huge cutouts, but the iCarez doesn't. I am curious, though, how well these tempered glass protectors will work with the 2.5D glass on the Note 4.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Spigen is awesome but very expensive. For my Note 3, I bought the Iloome brand from Amazon for about $20. It was awesome and once I get my Note 4, I plan on using that brand once again.

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had the Zagg Glass on my Note 3 since it came out in January. Worst thing I have ever had.

I pulled it off 3 days ago and will never use a protector again. It did what it was supposed to perfectly; protected the phone. As far as the rest - huge fail.

1) Completely useless as screen was not viewable in direct sunlight.
2) Grease and fingerprint magnet like nothing I have even seen.
3) Would not clean by rubbing on my jeans and was always filthy.

All of those things were rectified the instant I pulled it off! Screen contrast is far better now and I can read it in direct sunlight, like an iPhone! I'm never going to any type of screen protector again. I clean it a few times a day now by rubbing it across my jeans and it stays that way all day...no more fingerprints and no more greasy glass! I turned down the display brightness as well.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Not surprisingly, a lot is not here yet. Otterbox's Alpha looks great, but.....not here yet.

I'm assuming there is some difference between Note 3 and Note 4 slots/ports, etc.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Zagg Glass on my Note 3 since it came out in January. Worst thing I have ever had.

I pulled it off 3 days ago and will never use a protector again. It did what it was supposed to perfectly; protected the phone. As far as the rest - huge fail.

1) Completely useless as screen was not viewable in direct sunlight.
2) Grease and fingerprint magnet like nothing I have even seen.
3) Would not clean by rubbing on my jeans and was always filthy.

All of those things were rectified the instant I pulled it off! Screen contrast is far better now and I can read it in direct sunlight, like an iPhone! I'm never going to any type of screen protector again. I clean it a few times a day now by rubbing it across my jeans and it stays that way all day...no more fingerprints and no more greasy glass! I turned down the display brightness as well.

I never experienced those issues myself. I guess glare could have been worse but I don't recall. It was no more a finger print magnet and it cleaned with a wipe on my shirt.

I am not using a protector at the moment though. I've gone a month without a scratch and I prefer not having to spend $40 on Zagg Glass and try for a dust free install. I'm good at installation but why waste the money when it seems Gorilla Glass 3 is very scratch resistant?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

anon6002755

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm good at installation but why waste the money when it seems Gorilla Glass 3 is very scratch resistant?

Peace of mind for some. Though I manage to go without protectors on all of my phones and never scratch the screens. All of us aren't so caring for our very expensive pocket sized computers that can make calls.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Peace of mind for some. Though I manage to go without protectors on all of my phones and never scratch the screens. All of us aren't so caring for our very expensive pocket sized computers that can make calls.

I should of phrased that a bit differently. I understand why others do it but I'm so careful I can go without one. :)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm careful, too. But there's a reason they call them "accidents." You're walking down the street and some fool texting and looking the other way hits your arm and your phone slides across the pavement......doesn't really matter how careful you are. ;)

I order this one...Amazon $17
Also going with the Spigen Tough Armor Note 4 case - $19

I just ordered a similar combo from Spigen. You know, I might have preferred to stay with Otterbox, but if you go to their site, they have zip, zero nothing for Galaxy Note 4, whereas Spigen already has multiple case offerings and photos of them. Big fail. (Granted, with Spigen some of the cases may not ship immediately--the metal slate I ordered is not in stock until the end of October. But at least you can see what's coming and get something in line.)

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
its insane that companies like Zagg,($40 dollars), and Otterbox($30 dollars) put out such overpriced glass protectors, and try to dazzle people with fancy claims and videos as to why you should pay 3-4 times MORE for these things than you should.
I've had a few Nilkins, and my wife has had a couple other "normal" priced glass protectors, and had multiple drops and accidents over the years and NEVER had as much as a scratch or scuff on our screens..
Don't be a fool and overpay for glass screen protectors, you can get a perfectly good one in the 7-13 dollars range, and save the rest of your hard earned cash for something else.
Zagg, especially, is an overpriced POS...

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Beware "list prices." The list price of a Spigen item I bought was $34 on their website, but Amazon had it for about half that.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
its insane that companies like Zagg,($40 dollars), and Otterbox($30 dollars) put out such overpriced glass protectors, and try to dazzle people with fancy claims and videos as to why you should pay 3-4 times MORE for these things than you should.
I've had a few Nilkins, and my wife has had a couple other "normal" priced glass protectors, and had multiple drops and accidents over the years and NEVER had as much as a scratch or scuff on our screens..
Don't be a fool and overpay for glass screen protectors, you can get a perfectly good one in the 7-13 dollars range, and save the rest of your hard earned cash for something else.
Zagg, especially, is an overpriced POS...

I have a $7:50 Tempered Glass on my Note 3.. It is about 10 months old. I even got a spare that I never had to use. Just ordered two Temp Glass Protectors for $7 each for the Note 4..

dllrogers55

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree that the screen protector becomes a grease / fingerprint magnet! I had two friends with them and both were covered in smears. Whatever they made the glass with repels so much of it. Only time it really needs cleaning is after holding up to my face (makeup). With Bluetooth I hardly ever do that.

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Just ordered my first-ever tempered glass screen protector off of amazon for $11 each....not much to choose from if you want it before you take delivery of note4. Hoping its of good quality....their previous versions seemed to of gotten decent reviews.

ZZYBIA® 0.26mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsu... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL4LO1G...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3928139

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I like to see the DIFFERENCE between this screen protector and the ones going for 3 times CHEAPER!!

Going to check youtube to see if anybody done a comparison. In my own experience with my Note 3, I purchased a Spigien Tempered Glass Screen for $35. It would not stick to my phone, it fell off. Could have been a bad installation or a bad install. Either way, I returned it for a refund, and got a $7.50 Tempered Glass Screen. Even got a spare, it has worked perfect for 11 months..

I have already oldered two Tempered Glass Screens at $7:95 each...

Would really like to see where this one differs!!

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered my first-ever tempered glass screen protector off of amazon for $11 each....not much to choose from if you want it before you take delivery of note4. Hoping its of good quality....their previous versions seemed to of gotten decent reviews.

ZZYBIA® 0.26mm Ultra-thin Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Samsu... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NL4LO1G...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3929859

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

I ordered one of these, so if it's bad I'm blaming you! Spec wise it looks good. Thin and has 2.5D rounded edges.