Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I am a firm believer in the CLONE tempered glass screens. The one my Note 3 has been flawless for 11 months.
About 2 weeks ago, I order a couple off Ebay.. This one was $5.99 for the Note 4.. This the reply I got back from the seller regarding the edge of the Note 4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer
We would like to inform you that your order is scheduled to ship in Oct-13 because we just found out the note 4 has a Curved screen. So the film will not lay down correctly. We are making a correct one right now. The correct one will be instock on Oct-13.

Please let us know if you want to wait or cancel this order? we apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMO, can't be that with a stick. The seller found out that the glass was different, and told the their customers that they are RETOOLING to make the glass fit the curved/rounded edges of the Note 4.. This glass is only going for $6.99
Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay

i was going to buy with them... but i might wait it out to see which protector is best and just use Best Skins for now...
they wrote this to me just now..:

Dear customer,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The screen protectors for Note 4 is cut to fit the screen but because of the outside edges of the screen on the cell phone being rounded , it is fit to cover the flat surface of the screen itself. If it was cut to fit all the way around, there would be a bubble with the screen protector and it would not lay correctly. SoThe film is made slightly smaller than actual LCD size for easier application and prevent it lifting up if you used a case.If you have anymore questions please let us know, we will be more than happy to help you. Thank you.

Best regards,

so ya... until someone can figure out an edge to edge protector then a skin type protector might be best although it's not as protective and smooth.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I just got this in the mail today.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3962456

I actually got the last one Amazon had in stock when I ordered it. As I have no Note 4 to install it on, I can't attest to the fitment but it came in a nice hard plastic case with all the things needed to install (alcohol swab, microfiber cloth, alignment stickers, dust stickers). This has the rounded edges, and is perfectly clear.

I had the Spigen glasTr slim on my Note 3 and it has been great. As they didn't have this in stock for the Note 4 I wanted to make sure I had something on there from day one. We'll see how the fitment and durability are, but for $9.99, couldn't go wrong as opposed to the $39.99 I paid for my Spigen. I'll post back after I put it on next Fri.

Sent from my SVF14N16CXS using Tapatalk
This one halo'd.
452a3c3c07e3f37ffe5fd72ef023b77a.jpg

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Oh boy....why do suppliers have to make things more complicated than they need to be?

I am providing this info just as a service to members.

The current iloome Screenmate protector for Note 4 while not being shipped yet DOES NOT go all the way to the edges of the screen. The ad page for the product proudly proclaims that it is one of the "rounded edge" protectors and for the most part, ScreenMate protectors have been.

iloome Customer Service emailed replied me a response to my direct question on the topic that they are selling this version and planning to release another that is a rounded edge version, claiming that "we customers can just buy this one for now". Well they are not offering any discount or rebate or anything for that matter for buying something that claims to be one thing while being another. Honestly if I were them, I would just tell us what this current screen protector is in the ad as I think they would find as many people willing to buy it as is as people wanting to wait for one that covers out to the edges!

By the way, my view of it is that somebody there has made an error in judgement. They are a good company at least IMO.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it's possible to make a tempered glass protector that covers the entire screen because of the rounded edges. I think the last Samsung phone that had a screen with rounded edges was the S3 and I don't think any manufacturer ever offered either a tempered glass or a film protector that covered the entire screen because they couldn't get a proper fit.

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if it's possible to make a tempered glass protector that covers the entire screen because of the rounded edges. I think the last Samsung phone that had a screen with rounded edges was the S3 and I don't think any manufacturer ever offered either a tempered glass or a film protector that covered the entire screen because they couldn't get a proper fit.
Yes, it's possible. iloome actually makes this for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. Surprised they didn't do the same for the Note 4, but I guess that's what nugj was referring to in his post above. We just have to wait a little while longer for iloome to release it.

ohbreeeezy

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
And I don't even see it on Amazon OR the Spigen website now.... What the heck - finally a good looking one and we can't buy it!

Camp around 1-3 am (Pacific Time) on Amazon and that's the time it usually goes for $6.

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector, Spigen® [Most Durable] Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector Glass **NEW** [Glass] [GLAS.tR SLIM] Rounded Edge with Chip Resistant - Most Durable Glass Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (2014) - GLAS.tR

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

Star-Lord

Jul 15, 2012
Visit site
Why? What's the point of a glass screen protector? Getting the spigen screen protector for $9 off Amazon. Don't see the point for the glass one.

Mike Sjaarda

Apr 11, 2013
Visit site
Too me it seems we have 2 options for tempered glass screen protector.
1) get a tempered glass that only covers the screen
2)get a tempered glass screen that covers the entire face of the phone and risk "halo" effect because of 2.5 d glass

Is this correct? Or is everyone seeing good results with the Spigen glas.tr?

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary