Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
You're only speculating on the Spigen, just because it was removed doesn't mean they're revising anything. The current one already fits well - albeit not full coverage. And iloome already said that they're putting the curveprotect one on ice for the time being since they haven't been able to get it right.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you have a link?

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

For you, ;)

Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay

What I like about this vendor was, I had ordered back about late Sept or early Oct.. They were getting ready to ship, but stopped. Sent me a note telling me that the rounded and or/curve of the Note 4, that this one would not be a good fit, and ask did I want to wait!! Very cool. I waited. Other vendors, even HIGH END VENDORS shipped out the early ones and hence no fit.. For the price I paid, I would not have felt bad if it didn't fit! :D

It seem the way to go with the Note 4 is not to cover the whole screen. Just the viewing part. Another vendor sent me one, and that didn't even have a cut out for the front facing camera. The are making a revision and going to send me a replacement. That will be my spare.. ;)

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I purchased the zag glass from sprint and they installed it for me seemed to go on very easy and it looks and works great

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
All of these accessory manufactures that have to deal with more than a connector interface, have to wait to get their hands on an actual device before they can really do justice to a design. Some can do it with a mock up depending on who provides the mock up. But it is true that the device manufacturer spends thousands of man hours on the phone in total or his contractors for sub-assemblies and component do and then an accessory manufacturer would be lucky to spend hundreds of man hours on their accessory design. More often than not, the accessory supplier is trying to adapt his particular technology piece as best he can to a particular device. The Corning glass guys given their relationship with corning are likely to have the best shot at a screen protector that goes all the way to the edges because Corning is making the screen that actually is on the device. I would rate iloome as having the next best shot because they have done it before.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
For you, ;)

Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay

What I like about this vendor was, I had ordered back about late Sept or early Oct.. They were getting ready to ship, but stopped. Sent me a note telling me that the rounded and or/curve of the Note 4, that this one would not be a good fit, and ask did I want to wait!! Very cool. I waited. Other vendors, even HIGH END VENDORS shipped out the early ones and hence no fit.. For the price I paid, I would not have felt bad if it didn't fit! :D

It seem the way to go with the Note 4 is not to cover the whole screen. Just the viewing part. Another vendor sent me one, and that didn't even have a cut out for the front facing camera. The are making a revision and going to send me a replacement. That will be my spare.. ;)
Awesome. Thanks!!!

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the Zagg Glass Invisible shield. If you're looking for them, best buy has a lot of them. It went fairly well, but this is one you'll have to be very patient with. I was smoothing out bubbles for at least ten minutes. It looks pretty good now though.

Any pictures? I have the same but having the halo

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
sorry, but that looks like a$$.... why can't they make it go to the edge of the screen and go around the home button and earpiece screen?? I want to get one but I want it to look almost invisible..
don't want it to like I just stuck some piece of glass over my phone.
It's basic geometry. Blame samsung for using the 2.5D cut, you can't make a fully fitted tempered glass protector without it being extremely expensive (relative) and it being extremely difficult to install since it wouldn't fit even if it's just .001mm off.

Don't use tempered glass or wait for iloome to release the curveprotect version which is just a silicone covering for the sides, it's not pure glass.

You will never find a tempered glass protector for this phone that is made of pure glass and have it cover the entire front of the phone like you'd find for the Note 3 (which has a flat screen).

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It's basic geometry. Blame samsung for using the 2.5D cut, you can't make a fully fitted tempered glass protector without it being extremely expensive (relative) and it being extremely difficult to install since it wouldn't fit even if it's just .001mm off.

Don't use tempered glass or wait for iloome to release the curveprotect version which is just a silicone covering for the sides, it's not pure glass.

You will never find a tempered glass protector for this phone that is made of pure glass and have it cover the entire front of the phone like you'd find for the Note 3 (which has a flat screen).

That's a clever idea that iLoom is coming up with. As long as it works properly but I imagine perfect alignment will be key.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I agree with that Eclipse....iloome does have a worthwhile concept worth pursuing I think. I suspect you are talking about their Flex. But they do also claim to be working on a Tempered Glass that will cover to the edges for the N4. The only other one I am anticipating being worth looking at is the Corning and that won't be out till mid-Dec. You are also correct ( at least I think so) that none of them will be inexpensive as screen protectors go.

The illoome has a couple of things going for it with that Flex...it is flexible....easy to get on and off...I think it is a really good protector. Really interested to see what they come up with. The Corning folks have something of a built in advantage but the iloome folks have always been very clever. So I am interested to see what the Corning guys eventually come up with because they have something of an advantage over some of the other suppliers but also interested in the illoome. They usually come up with a way to do some things the others just can't seem to do. While their stuff is not inexpensive it is hardly ever the most expensive protector out there for a particular device.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
For you, ;)

Why is the way to go to not make it the size of the front of the phone?

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Can we get an updated summary about as of this time which is best bet if one needs a tempered glass screen protector at this moment? Thanks

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You're only speculating on the Spigen, just because it was removed doesn't mean they're revising anything. The current one already fits well - albeit not full coverage. And iloome already said that they're putting the curveprotect one on ice for the time being since they haven't been able to get it right.

The current Spigen DOES NOT fit well. The fit is horrible. It has a very prominent halo all around. Worthless.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I made another one of those decisions for a temporary "hold me over" piece on Sunday. I found that ZeroLemon had a flexible glass screen protector that they are selling for the N4. Since it was not costly and because they have a great reputation in their areas of expertise I figured what the heck, nobody can find that Spigen at this point...I sure can't. Anybody ever had one of the ZeroLemon screen protectors? How did it work out for you?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney