Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So when I first got my black Note 4 I put this glass protector on called Bear Motion

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector - Bear Motion Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 4: Cell Phones & Accessories

It covered very close to every square millimeter of the screen. Any larger and the case could have pushed it up, but it didn't. It did have the halo but you could only see it when the screen was off. Problem I thought was the screen protector was a fingerprint magnet. The surface is extremely polished, smooth and reflective but very very clear.

So today I took delivery of a second Note 4, a white one. Stripped that screen protector off the black one and then plopped it down on the new white phone. It looks good but likes fingerprints like the FBI.

So I put this protector back on the black Note 2:

Supershieldz Tempered Glass Screen Protector Shield for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | eBay

This one I received an email telling me delivery was delayed because they we haloing. Took an extra couple days but was timely. The Supershieldz is about 2 millimeters smaller than the Bear Motion but that also results in less halo, still does but not very noticeable and seems to be lessening as the adhesive sets. What I like about the Supershieldz is the finger prints are no problem and the surface is not as reflective. Hold onto your socks, Here are some photos of the Supershieldz through a microscope at 70X.

View attachment 142548
View attachment 142549
View attachment 142550

Thanks for the photos. I don't know though... I think I'd go protector-less if I had to settle for leaving so much uncovered.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the photos. I don't know though... I think I'd go protector-less if I had to settle for leaving so much uncovered.

you mean the 3% that is uncovered/parts of the phone that are never touched especially if you have a case

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
you mean the 3% that is uncovered/parts of the phone that are never touched especially if you have a case

I guess, but its not my finger that scratches the display. Most cases won't cover all of that. Samsung should have just stuck to flat glass.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Yes it is. I ordered it a couple of days before it was pulled. This is the box it came in.
View attachment 141644

Although I did not order the tempered glass screen, I did order the regular Spiegen protector when I ordered my N4. They sent the protector right away and then a couple weeks later I received another set but this time it said "updated" version. So I assume they will be sending u the correct ones once they fix it :)

Skye Hui

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Guys...
I think you all are jumping in this tempered glass for N4 too early. I owned Original N4 from Korean. I tried a few tempered glass in Sunway Piramid and found it not too good in covering the edges. I discovered the N4's edge are curve comparing to straight N3's edge.

So, I am not sure if my N4 from Korean is going to be different than N4 Malaysia. But I hope my sharing info gives some insights to you.
All note 4 have curved edges, this was said during the unveiling in IFA back in Sept 3rd...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
OK I emailed iloome and asked them why if they made a glass screen protector for the iPhone 6 than why couldn't it be done for the note 4 and this is what they responded with

Attachments

• 1413982595258.jpg
    1413982595258.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 61

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
FWIW Zerolemon's N4 tempered glass screen protector is now available, still no batteries or cases though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3985208

Well, I ordered the Spigen. Put it on. Seemed nice. Then, I noticed a speck of dust. Should've just ignored it. Forgot it was glass, not plastic, bent it up, cracked it. I liked the Spigen. Seemed fine. But I'll give this zerolemon a try--coming Monday. We''ll see if it is of the same quality at less $$$.

(Humiliated...)

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Just a rant...

After reading Iloomes description of what "9H" means (https://iloome.wordpress.com/tag/9h-hardness/), I learned that the "9H" rating on most tempered glass screen protectors has to do with how hard a pencil needs to be before it will scratch the screen protector.

This is interesting information, but, with all the stupid tests (dropping a bowling ball, bending, blender, etc., etc.) that are done on YouTube on the Note 4, it why doesn't somebody do a REALLY useful test - determine the hardness of the stock glass screen?

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Just get this stuff: Crystalusion and put the phone in a good case and it'll be very, very protected. I have OCD, and this is my plan.

In the future, if the screen protectors are better, I can always get one.

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Just get this stuff: Crystalusion and put the phone in a good case and it'll be very, very protected. I have OCD, and this is my plan.

In the future, if the screen protectors are better, I can always get one.

One reviewer experienced problems and it sounds like a pain to get off. One user reports it gets "smudgy" after a while. Another says after a short time it becomes a dust and fingerprint magnet. I put on a film protector for now, which will be easy to get off when I find a good tempered glass protector.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
One reviewer experienced problems and it sounds like a pain to get off. One user reports it gets "smudgy" after a while. Another says after a short time it becomes a dust and fingerprint magnet. I put on a film protector for now, which will be easy to get off when I find a good tempered glass protector.

Which user?

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I guess, but its not my finger that scratches the display. Most cases won't cover all of that. Samsung should have just stuck to flat glass.

People who unbox and use the phone without protection of any sort are going to be very happy with the beautiful glass, new grippier metal edges and backside. She is such a beautiful object of well deserved affection, it seems like a sin to dress her in cases and screen protectors.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
People who unbox and use the phone without protection of any sort are going to be very happy with the beautiful glass, new grippier metal edges and backside. She is such a beautiful object of well deserved affection, it seems like a sin to dress her in cases and screen protectors.

That's how I feel often about certain Hollywood actresses, too, but still, prudence dictates that nudity is not always acceptable or advisable and bad things may happen if running around naked all the time. ;)

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Just a rant...

After reading Iloomes description of what "9H" means (https://iloome.wordpress.com/tag/9h-hardness/), I learned that the "9H" rating on most tempered glass screen protectors has to do with how hard a pencil needs to be before it will scratch the screen protector.

This is interesting information, but, with all the stupid tests (dropping a bowling ball, bending, blender, etc., etc.) that are done on YouTube on the Note 4, it why doesn't somebody do a REALLY useful test - determine the hardness of the stock glass screen?

So my Note 2 screen protector had a 9H hardness or so it said. It was great. I built a plastic adapter to hold a 10X loupe but I had to take the case off and attach the loupe adapter directly to the phone. I was looking at some sand with tiny gold nuggets shooting pictures with the Note 2 through the loupe and spilled a small bit of the sand on my lab bench. Subsequently I removed the loupe and had set the phone face down on the lab bench. At some point I bumped the phone and it turned 1/4 turn on the bench and I heard a scratching sound as it rotated. Some of the sand was under the phone and had scratched a significant 1/2" groove in the screen protector. The culprit was a tiny quartz crystal in the sand. Hardness on the quartz is known to be 7 on the Mohs scale, tempered glass is typically about a 7 on the Mohs scale also. Obviously the glass was scratched by the quartz and diamonds are used to cut diamonds so this proves that. Supposedly Gorilla Glass made by Corning has a hardness of 9 on the Mohs scale so if you want something less scratch resistant make darn sure it is Gorilla Glass®. GG replaces the typical Sodium in the glass surface with atoms of Potassium making it stronger or so Corning says. I have not tested this theory. Yet...

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
That's how I feel often about certain Hollywood actresses, too, but still, prudence dictates that nudity is not always acceptable or advisable and bad things may happen if running around naked all the time. ;)

Hey, it is how I feel about my wife and we have some beautiful children.

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
SO what seems to be the best option for a screen protector? Glass or otherwise that works well at the moment? Spegen? Nuglas? Zerolemon? Other?

Either a film protector or glass protector that is 2 - 3 mm short of the Note 4 glass (such as Spigen or Supershieldz above) is the best bet until someone makes a protector that curves with the Note 4 glass.