Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
How was the feel of the Flex? Is is slick like the tempered glass?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk
it's the same as the regular tempered glass but just a bit thinner.... which i like... the 9H protectors are a tad too thick...i was happy when they said they were making the flex. it's not tempered but meh...
it's as slick as glass ; >

mike1515

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have never used a Tempered Glass before. I have always used a Otterbox defender on all my phones. My recent phone was the Note 3 and now i have the Note 4.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
it's the same as the regular tempered glass but just a bit thinner.... which i like... the 9H protectors are a tad too thick...i was happy when they said they were making the flex. it's not tempered but meh...
it's as slick as glass ; >
Nice, thanks!

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
A poster on xda forums purchased a Tech 21 glass protector at TMobile and it does not have a halo. He did post pictures and there definitely is not a halo. It's not available yet online and the cost is $35.99.

As far as I know this is the only glass protector currently available albeit only at TMobile stores that does not have a halo.

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I like it for the reason you don't, it's minimal. The creak is there, but it's not bothersome to me. I guess some folks are more sensitive to things like that than others. If you read the reviews, you'll see that the responses are very polarized on it, some hate the minimal design and/our the fact that if you squeeze in on the sides it does creak, while others (like me) find it to be almost the perfect case.
I have the same case and really like it, aside from the fact I can't use the heart-rate sensor. I wish they had taken that into consideration.

Mike

larry0071

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
That's odd, it works fine for me? Maybe being a smaller male my digits aren't as large as some of you and I can easily make the biometric reader work.

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
That's odd, it works fine for me? Maybe being a smaller male my digits aren't as large as some of you and I can easily make the biometric reader work.
Yea I have tried everything... even my little finger, and it has never worked. Take off the case and it instantly works.

Mike

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I went into T Mobile today and purchased the Tech 21 Impact Shield Note 4 screen protector after seeing someone post about it on XDA. I thought it was a Tempered Glass protector but it turns out that it is nothing more then a flimsy, thin piece of cheap plastic. For $34.99 this junk is going back tomorrow.

It does have a nifty little plastic alignment tool though. I've taken some pictures so everyone can see what you are getting in this package.

View attachment 144489View attachment 144490View attachment 144491View attachment 144492View attachment 144493View attachment 144494View attachment 144495View attachment 144496View attachment 144497

Last edited:

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
It never occurred to me it wasn't glass because the xda forum thread it was posted on is for tempered glass protectors. After reading the manufacturer's description if my iloome has a halo I'm still going to buy the Tech 21 because I think it offers a high level of impact protection against screen breakage and there's no halo. I think it's a considerably higher level of protection than the average film protector.

https://www.tech21.com/impactopedia/how-is-bullet-proof-glass-made/

Last edited:

wallacefan

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I am new here
was wondering if anyone has tried to use any of the tempered glass screen protectors with a defender series otterbox by removing the from plastic piece from the otterbox?
and has anyone tried the cell bee?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm really missing a glass screen protector on my note 4. I put on a traditional film screen protector. It's so bad! I loved my glass protetor on my last phone!

Posted via the Android Central App

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
It never occurred to me it wasn't glass because the xda forum thread it was posted on is for tempered glass protectors. After reading the manufacturer's description if my iloome has a halo I'm still going to buy the Tech 21 because I think it offers a high level of impact protection against screen breakage and there's no halo. I think it's a considerably higher level of protection than the average film protector.

https://www.tech21.com/impactopedia/how-is-bullet-proof-glass-made/

i think its still "flexible glass"has a 8H hardness rating

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I didn't see a hardness rating anywhere on Tech 21's site but I still think it's a highly impact resistant protector. I'm hoping the iloome Flexmate I ordered goes on without a halo. Apparently according to a poster on xda forums the revised Bear Motion glass protector goes on without a halo. So fat that one and this Tech 21 are the only two that apply without halos that I am aware of.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't see a hardness rating anywhere on Tech 21's site but I still think it's a highly impact resistant protector. I'm hoping the iloome Flexmate I ordered goes on without a halo. Apparently according to a poster on xda forums the revised Bear Motion glass protector goes on without a halo. So fat that one and this Tech 21 are the only two that apply without halos that I am aware of.

oh sorry i thought you were talking about the iloome one haha

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia