Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Comp1demon

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
After using the HINGE technique - I was able to get this protector on. It is ALMOST a perfect install the very top left corner would not adhere for some reason, but I am not going to complain as once the otterbox is on it I will not see it anyways. The rest of the protector seems to be perfectly aligned aftewr 10 minutes of getting it just right.

20141107_150823.jpg20141107_150839.jpg20141107_150859.jpg20141107_150919.jpg20141107_150933.jpg20141107_150948.jpg20141107_151014.jpg20141107_151024.jpg20141107_151045.jpg20141107_151112.jpg20141107_151135_Richtone(HDR).jpg20141107_151141_Richtone(HDR).jpg20141107_151146_Richtone(HDR).jpg20141107_151238.jpg

LeoNote4b

Banned
Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Well I'm still looking for the perfect screen protector.
I want a thick glass like protector with as much coverage as possible.
I had one from Obliq last time Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector, Obliq [Military Grade Protection] Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Screen Protector [Zeiss Xtreme Anti Shock] Extreme Break and Shock Protection - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, International, and Unlocked - Screen
which was perfect but I don't think they make one for the Note 4 yet.

Any recommendations ?

It wont be a glass because the screen is bent so any glass you use will have a halo.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have to admit that I am really torn about the lack of a cut out for the selfie camera lens. As I mentioned in my previous post on the subject even though my "halo" runs right through the lens location, when looking through it you see no evidence of the halo at all. I really don't see any degradation in the image quality...certainly nothing that bothers me in a selfie camera. One positive aspect of not having a cutout is that dust does not get on the lens itself and it is one less place where there is an edge that will capture and hold dust. So while I would not have sought a SP that did not have a selfie lens cutout....the idea is growing on me and I suspect it will grow on me more when I clean my SP and don't have to worry about the location for the selfie lens.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
After using the HINGE technique - I was able to get this protector on. It is ALMOST a perfect install the very top left corner would not adhere for some reason, but I am not going to complain as once the otterbox is on it I will not see it anyways. The rest of the protector seems to be perfectly aligned aftewr 10 minutes of getting it just right.

View attachment 146737View attachment 146738View attachment 146739View attachment 146740View attachment 146741View attachment 146742View attachment 146743View attachment 146744View attachment 146745View attachment 146746View attachment 146747View attachment 146748View attachment 146749View attachment 146750

What brand of screen protector is this and which carrier's phone are you using?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I think we may be learning that different carrier's phones have different screens. All 4 major U.S. carriers phones are assembled in different countries. On xda forums today one poster using Verizon has the revised Bear Motion glass protector with no halo. Another on Sprint has the same Bear Motion with a halo. A Verizon user got a halo with a Zagg bought at Best Buy today and another installed it without a halo (don't know yet which carrier but it's either AT&T or TMobile). So it is possible there is a variance in screens based on the carrier.

Qoozek

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Came here to chime in on the whole halo deal. I have a Note 4 from Verizon and the Bear Motion and Supershieldz both give a nice halo around my phone. The Bear Motion was revised as well; I sent the original one that wasn't cut correctly back after receiving the revised one. Same thing with the Supershieldz.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I think we may be learning that different carrier's phones have different screens. All 4 major U.S. carriers phones are assembled in different countries. On xda forums today one poster using Verizon has the revised Bear Motion glass protector with no halo. Another on Sprint has the same Bear Motion with a halo. A Verizon user got a halo with a Zagg bought at Best Buy today and another installed it without a halo (don't know yet which carrier but it's either AT&T or TMobile). So it is possible there is a variance in screens based on the carrier.

Agreed. My Sprint halos with Supershieldz. I bought it only after seeing 2 installs here with no halo. Odd that different carrier versions differ on so many things like settings, battery life, mic placement, and now possibly screens. Not cool

Posted via the Android Central App

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 146737View attachment 146738View attachment 146739View attachment 146740View attachment 146741View attachment 146742View attachment 146743View attachment 146744View attachment 146745View attachment 146746View attachment 146747View attachment 146748View attachment 146749View attachment 146750

Bad thing about Bear Motion is you can get it on perfect but still has the Halo on both sides and bottom and after you put on the Otterbox Defender you also have a very small area between glass protector and the Defender case where there is no protection.

Comp1demon

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Bad thing about Bear Motion is you can get it on perfect but still has the Halo on both sides and bottom and after you put on the Otterbox Defender you also have a very small area between glass protector and the Defender case where there is no protection.

I have no halo on mine on the sides. Check the HDR shots (that are dark) and also 3rd shot from the top - the 2.5D glass plays photo tricks in some photos to look like a very small halo, but I can assure you (and that is why I took a million pics) there is no halo on the sides or bottm. Only that little corner that won't stick down (where I held it to lay it down) is the only issue. I have no issue with my install.

As for how it will work with the Otterbox.. We will see.. I am not really to worried about non screen sides being slightly un-protected. I think I will be very happy with the results. I will post more pics when I can - once i get it on.

Thanks for the feedback...

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Came here to chime in on the whole halo deal. I have a Note 4 from Verizon and the Bear Motion and Supershieldz both give a nice halo around my phone. The Bear Motion was revised as well; I sent the original one that wasn't cut correctly back after receiving the revised one. Same thing with the Supershieldz.
I have a vzn n4 and both the bear and supershieldz have a halo. Just got the bear today.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok, at this point, I'm no longer sure of what people mean by "halo."

Now, when I applied the Bear, around the edges (non-viewable) a certain portion of the protector never quite seems to fill in. I call that a "margin" issue. The margins always seem like they are not fully filled in. I agree that is moderately annoying, but it doesn't affect much when the device is turned on. I can live with it. That's not what i call a "halo" issue. I see no particular halo issue with the Bear.

It's really hard to photograph this well because glare and what not confuses the issue.

So, please define terms. :)

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Just got an email back from Zagg. If you order the Zagg Tempered Glass from their site you will receive the new and revised version.
Might have to take the $34.99 gamble.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
i got the iloome last thursday and i put it on right away as i love their stuff...

it had halo... all around... and not only did it halo.. after about 10mins of phone use (getting up the temp) the screen protector fell right off! like literally RIGHT OFF.. would not stick... just bubbled all over and fell off...

i was very disappointed ; < i love iloome and was looking forward to the clarity it gave over the cheapo one i have.. they issued a full refund.. which makes me believer they are not confident in their product to issue a replacement ; <

bahhh

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the iloome Flex (which took a week for delivery, oh well) and put it on last night. There's not a full halo effect, but the entire right side the of protector is a tad lifted. Maybe last a couple of months...or a couple of weeks. It sucks. Anyone else have any luck with iloome's Flex? I thought because it took so long to come out, they corrected the issues. Or not.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Picked up the iloome Flex (which took a week for delivery, oh well) and put it on last night. There's not a full halo effect, but the entire right side the of protector is a tad lifted. Maybe last a couple of months...or a couple of weeks. It sucks. Anyone else have any luck with iloome's Flex? I thought because it took so long to come out, they corrected the issues. Or not.

my experience is just above yours... my fell off after the screen got a little heated with use...

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
After reading others results I didn't even try to install mine I'm just sending it back. It is very disappointing considering the Flexmate was supposed to be the revised replacement for iloome's 9h glass protector. I sure expected we'd get something that worked without a halo.

knowledge_6

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
i just spoke to a live chat rep on ZAGG... and he told me that there definitely is a new one but they are mixed in with the older ones...
he said that the older ones are still being shipped out along with the new ones so the chance is, in his words "a shot in the dark". he said the best thing is to wait a few weeks till the older ones are gone...

bahhh