Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Big Rigz

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
The tempered glass on my note 4 hasn't had any negative effect on the fingerprint scanner for me. In fact, I feel like it has made it a little better.

Jude Palermo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
So, I really like to keep my phones in perfect condition, and I would like to get a Galaxy Note 4 and apply a tempered glass screen protector to it, however, doing so will effectively raise my screen up slighty due to the thickness of the glass. Will this hinder my use of the fingerprint functions?

I just bought a glass screen protector for my note 4 from a place at the local mall. First of all, the glass cover, didn't/doesnt snuggle against the glass screen perfectly since the glass is raised slightly and curved in the edges. The fingerprint scanner/detector on the home button, i was afraid it wasn't going to work the same, but it kind of does. The home button becomes flush to the glass and isn't raised up anymore. After one night of use, the fingerprint scanner seems to work FINE. just getting used to the raised screen or sunken in home button, is what it needs getting used to. Hope this helps. Just make sure that the glass you buy is made for the note 4. The one I have seems to work fine but looks wise, looks like around the perimeter of the phone, looks like the glass is for another phone. Doesn't look bad and works totally fine so I'll stick with this unless something else happens. The case iI fits fine with the raised screen thickness. I have the white note 4 with a black case with the stand on it. Works great the case does. Rasa ala babba to you.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a glass screen protector for my note 4 from a place at the local mall. First of all, the glass cover, didn't/doesnt snuggle against the glass screen perfectly since the glass is raised slightly and curved in the edges. The fingerprint scanner/detector on the home button, i was afraid it wasn't going to work the same, but it kind of does. The home button becomes flush to the glass and isn't raised up anymore. After one night of use, the fingerprint scanner seems to work FINE. just getting used to the raised screen or sunken in home button, is what it needs getting used to. Hope this helps. Just make sure that the glass you buy is made for the note 4. The one I have seems to work fine but looks wise, looks like around the perimeter of the phone, looks like the glass is for another phone. Doesn't look bad and works totally fine so I'll stick with this unless something else happens. The case iI fits fine with the raised screen thickness. I have the white note 4 with a black case with the stand on it. Works great the case does. Rasa ala babba to you.

Show a pic if you get a chance...

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I left the plastic on the front of the screen the phone came with which worked pretty good so far. I bought a bear glass protector and yet to put it on yet. A little scared of doing it though. I have a cheap TPU case I got and it lifts up the edges of the OEM plastic. Planning to get a different case eventually but right now pickings are kind of slim. Thoughts?

I am finding out that putting on these glass protectors is a delicate move all by itself. Just keeping dust out, and getting the glass on squarely in the right place. Oh boy. I have blown a couple screens on my tab just putting them on.. All said and done, IMO, the glass protectors do their job..On the Note 4, a lot of vendors rushing to meet the demand, 95% of the first gen glass for the Note 4 didn't work. One sent me a replacement, which IMO works great, and the other vendor sent me a refund.

I got glass on my Tab Pro and Note 4, if they make it for the Gear S, will go with that too. ;)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has the invisible shield for the Note4. I purchased it. I get a corporate discount. It's great.

Posted via the Android Central App

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I am finding out that putting on these glass protectors is a delicate move all by itself. Just keeping dust out, and getting the glass on squarely in the right place. Oh boy. I have blown a couple screens on my tab just putting them on.. All said and done, IMO, the glass protectors do their job..)

The wet swab really helps with that dust issue. Another person said to do it in the bathroom with the hot shower running--apparently makes dust less likely. But the wet swab seemed fine. The problem is if you don't get it on just right. Once you start playing with it, anything can happen! :) It does seem to require a magician at times. I dread it.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
88531e36b2b4563397f13f776423df4b.jpg

This confirms the Tech 21 has a glass layer. Picked up a N4 for my wife and tried this as the Tmo store had a whole sleu of them. She could care less but the constant haziness from the smudges (if there's an oleophobic coating, it sucks!) and the sharp edges were driving me nuts. So when I ordered her case I grabbed a Bear motion to try. When I took the Tech 21 off It cracked. See picture. I cracked it a lot just to make sure :) Surprise, surprise haloriffic on the Bear. So I'm still happy with my supershieldz TG so far. The Tech 21 definitely has a glass layer and had no halo at all, but the coating on the top is just a fingerprint magnet from what I've seen. So if you always have really clean hands and hate halo, it might be your best option.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

StayFreshJs

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
***Anyone who bought a ZAGG glass screen for note 4

So I bought the Zagg glass screen when I got my phone at best buy (Yes I'm a sucker)...anyways when I called Zagg to complain about the Halo they said there was nothing to replace it at this time. That was right when the phone came out. I just called again today and the guy said they designed a new one since they got so many complaints about it. He said it was released just a week ago. So he is sending it to me now for free. If you select it online you will have to pay 5$ for shipping so I would suggest calling in. Not sure if it is just BS and the screen will have the exact same issue as before but he said they got a ton of complaints so they redesigned it..

It's on back order since it just released so he said I might not get it for a few weeks. If anyone wants an update I will post when it gets here....JUST FYI

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I got the latest version of SuperShieldz, and I am a happy camper.. Not only does it fit right to me, and no halo, I took it to a Bestbuy and did a side by side to a naked Note 4 to see if I lost anything. Well, from my eyes I gain something, and daggone sure didn't lose anything.. I paid $7.50 free shipping for the SuperShieldz, I got a lock grin!! :D :D

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I got the latest version of SuperShieldz, and I am a happy camper.. Not only does it fit right to me, and no halo, I took it to a Bestbuy and did a side by side to a naked Note 4 to see if I lost anything. Well, from my eyes I gain something, and daggone sure didn't lose anything.. I paid $7.50 free shipping for the SuperShieldz, I got a lock grin!! :D :D
Is it a tempered glass screen protector from super shieldz or just a film style screen protector?

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---

rEVOLVE

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried the trick to mount it with the shower running, the protector would barely stick and it was so hard to mount the protector because the water kept getting in my eyes.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta