Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

z71kris

What does that do?
Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I put a ismooth on my note 4, and it doesn't cover the whole screen, as many other others have said. It seems hit or miss with these covers. Some said they were perfect and many had the issue I have, so I sent an email last night to ismooth service. I guess we'll see what comes of it.

Sent from my SM-N910V

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Question About Screen Protectors for the Note 4
I've never had a screen protector on any of my phones, but decided to get one for my N4. I do know that I want: a good quality glass screen protector & one that does not cover the home button. Good clarity & non glare is also important. As far as price goes, of course I'd like to get one for a reasonable price point, however, quality is more important to me than pricing. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance for the replys.
Sent From The Next Big Thing Is Mine!!

Posted via the Android Central App

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Apparently you didn't read anything on this thread before you posted. There are no glass protectors currently available that fit properly and/or don't leave a halo.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Question About Screen Protectors for the Note 4
I've never had a screen protector on any of my phones, but decided to get one for my N4. I do know that I want: a good quality glass screen protector & one that does not cover the home button. Good clarity & non glare is also important. As far as price goes, of course I'd like to get one for a reasonable price point, however, quality is more important to me than pricing. Can anyone give me some suggestions? Thanks in advance for the replys.
Sent From The Next Big Thing Is Mine!!

Spigen available at B&H photo seems to be your best bet right now but it's pricey. I think the next runner up is the Supershieldz tempered glass. It has a cut close to the spigen, great oleophobic coating and minimal if any halo, all at 6.99 shipped! Again this just my experience thus far, I'm sure others will chime in.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
What bothers me the most is on my supershieldz glass protector is that the bottom of it is in line with the bottom side of the main button. Leaving almost a 1/4 inch exposed and sucks when ever I hit the back arrow all the time. Like I'm always half on and half off.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
What bothers me the most is on my supershieldz glass protector is that the bottom of it is in line with the bottom side of the main button. Leaving almost a 1/4 inch exposed and sucks when ever I hit the back arrow all the time. Like I'm always half on and half off.

Completely agree. It could definitely be longer on the bottom.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got this reply from Spigen:

Subject: General_Product_Inquiry
NOV 21, 2014 | 02:06PM PST
Susan replied:

Dear Jason,
Thank you for contacting Spigen Support.
I am glad to hear that you are interested in our Spigen products.
Our developers have already developed the GLAS.tR for the Note 4 but production has been discontinued. We also do not have definite plans to produce it again.
If it becomes available again, we will announce it on both our twitter and Facebook site.
Follow us on to stay posted on our newest products!
Twitter: www.twitter.com/spigenworld
Facebook: www.facebook.com/spigenworld
Thanks again for choosing Spigen,
Please feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions.
Best Regards,
Susan

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 4 using Tapatalk

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Just got this reply from Spigen:

Subject: General_Product_Inquiry
NOV 21, 2014 | 02:06PM PST
Susan replied:

Dear Jason,
Thank you for contacting Spigen Support.
I am glad to hear that you are interested in our Spigen products.
Our developers have already developed the GLAS.tR for the Note 4 but production has been discontinued. We also do not have definite plans to produce it again.
Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 4 using Tapatalk

I purchased the Spigen GLASt.r for the Note 4 from Amazon before it was discontinued. I received it before the Note 4 was released in the US. I actually like the protector, and am using it now. Like all others, it doesn't cover the whole screen, but otherwise is perfect. I find it bizarre that they would have stopped production.

On a side note, I contacted Spigen both directly (thru their web site) and thru Amazon when I first started hearing about the coverage issues, but they never responded to either request.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I have come to terms that no matter what glass screen protector you get that once you put the N4 in a case the case it self with lift the glass off the screen. I have seen it happen many of time both with the N4 and the iPhone. So in my case I just went and got the icarez, yes it's not glass but at least my screen is cover and I can still keep it in the outterbox case without the screen lifting up....

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Any screen protector that covers the whole screen yet? I mean edge to edge, im getting tired of the one i have now.

I don't think so. My SuperShieldz covers just the viewing part of the glass, as the edges of the screen of the Note 4, seem to curve in at the edges.. So, IMO, most vendors of tempered glass, leave the edges alone. Too much trouble and more expensive to make, and for covering not part of the viewing area, I think the makers are say no to that one. If one is out there, I am sure it is north of $40

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I have come to terms that no matter what glass screen protector you get that once you put the N4 in a case the case it self with lift the glass off the screen. I have seen it happen many of time both with the N4 and the iPhone. So in my case I just went and got the icarez, yes it's not glass but at least my screen is cover and I can still keep it in the outterbox case without the screen lifting up....

I'm using the iCarez film until a glass protector is available too but my Seidio Surface case does cause it to lift and I've got bubbles at the bottom from the Seidio that can't be removed (they can be with the case off but not with it on). In addition the iCarez is a fingerprint magnet and the S Pen has a lot more resistance. I chose between the iCarez & amFilm based on peoples posts on xda forums. Both were well reviewed but I do not recommend the iCarez for the reasons I stated.

Android4life47

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the iCarez film until a glass protector is available too but my Seidio Surface case does cause it to lift and I've got bubbles at the bottom from the Seidio that can't be removed (they can be with the case off but not with it on). In addition the iCarez is a fingerprint magnet and the S Pen has a lot more resistance. I chose between the iCarez & amFilm based on peoples posts on xda forums. Both were well reviewed but I do not recommend the iCarez for the reasons I stated.

I have no issues with the icarez. The so called resistance that you are having can be fixed with the replacement of the s pen tip. Just replace it with one of the light grey tips and that's it...

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm still within Amazon's 30 day return window and I may well send the iCarez back. If I had something else to put on my screen without question I'd send them back. Maybe I'll order the amFilm or someone will come out with a haloless glass protector. Somebody on xda forums installed a MyBat glass protector with no halo (they posted pictures) and they're less than $10 maybe I'll try one.

Tempered Glass Screen Protectors - Pg. 127 | Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Here is this one.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector, Hapurs Tempered Glass Scree... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZI4M98...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4076345

The pictures of the black one is this SP sitting on top of my Supershieldz for comparison. The pictures of the white is this one on top of a bear motion. The last ones are it installed on the white. It's a little off to the right but not too bad. Halo is minimal but worse than the supshieldz IMO. I have a mybat and another one from Amazon coming to try then im putting the Supershieldz on the white one and calling it a day. I was looking to replace the bear motion asap because of the horrible coating. The coating on this one is very good. On par with the Supershieldz.

659aa0f2bac1dbe3abb03c94282e681a.jpg
6ba043515775bb0f7430996caceee5ae.jpg
277b5c987b3c8ba448b98e8f07f4668a.jpg
b5394ed3a69e43a466d95678052ba407.jpg
ca2e8ac5e423068316f58d3031a06ae7.jpg
261d48000bed7a9568920b9809f5354f.jpg
139a1e544b530caa71199ef5e16060d7.jpg
f3748c3f4398b3d2cf4814d5844890e3.jpg
5398ef84d2c8ac0ac3dd4e746000ee22.jpg

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking forward to pictures of the MyBat considering a poster on xda forums posted a picture of it installed w/ no halo. What has happened thus far is somebody posts a picture with no halo then others post about the same protector but theirs have halos.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to pictures of the MyBat considering a poster on xda forums posted a picture of it installed w/ no halo. What has happened thus far is somebody posts a picture with no halo then others post about the same protector but theirs have halos.
True. I will post some pics of the others I get including the mybat. Halo is definitely more obvious on the black version. I've got about 1/16 halo on the left of my Supershieldz while all other three sides are halo free. Alignment is perfect so there is either a variation in the screen protector or the screen itself. I have more Supershieldz that I'm gonna try after I have given the others a go. Mine definitely starts to curve inside the viewable area though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC