Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Shredead

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm going to go naked on the screen after reading this thread , My note 12.2 has been naked since day one and I literally dropped it screen first from 6ft and I got no scratches or cracks. This glass is better the the note 12.2 so I'm not worried

Sent from my Note 4

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I have come to terms that no matter what glass screen protector you get that once you put the N4 in a case the case it self with lift the glass off the screen. I have seen it happen many of time both with the N4 and the iPhone. So in my case I just went and got the icarez, yes it's not glass but at least my screen is cover and I can still keep it in the outterbox case without the screen lifting up....

I have had the Bear Motion on mine for a month now it does have the very small gap on both sides and bottom I put the Defender on it without the included protector and have had no lifting.

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The Zerolemon I installed a month ago has the halo but has not budged since installed. I have had a Thor case on it, a Ballistic Tough Jacket and a couple of different Spigens. However I don't take cases on and off regularly which might contribute to the protector lifting for some folks. Not a matter of trying to protect the Protector in my case. I just don't take cases on and off that often as a matter of course.

I think a lot is a matter of the installation. In my case while I am not thrilled with this Zerolemon it is not coming off unless and until I have another in hand that I want to install. Once again I will be attempting to create as perfect an installation environment as I can possibly create with everything in place before I even attempt to get the screen protector that is on it off. Frankly, the halo just does not bother me nearly as much as it seems to bother some.

The only thing I can really say about the Zerolemon is that it is not a fingerprint magnet of any kind. If anything it seems to reject fingerprints. Beyond that and the fact that it seems to stay on if it is installed correctly, there is really nothing to recommend it....price I guess...it is not nearly as costly as some. Yes the S-pen works fine as does the touchscreen. But I would not have expected S-pen and touchscreen to have been an issue anyway.

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
My memi ghost glass has very minimal halo. Much better then the Zagg I tried. Much better.

NOTE 4,, GO BIG OR GO HOME!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I have had the Bear Motion on mine for a month now it does have the very small gap on both sides and bottom I put the Defender on it without the included protector and have had no lifting.

Ditto, the Bear does have that bit of a halo, but it has not lifted off in any way despite its size. Further, with a case on (Spigen Tough Armor) it is recessed enough so that I'm pretty sure it won't at this juncture.

Ricey20

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
From the XDA thread it's beginning to seem the screen curve itself varies from phone to phone so no one protector will fit properly on all Note 4s. Someone there tried 1 protector on 4 different Note 4s and only 1 of them had no halo. It seems the only hope we Note 4 owners have now of having luck with a glass protector is finding a good flexible glass one.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So tried two more today. The first was the Puretech from the TMO store. To sum it up, waste of $40. Installation was a piece of cake but that's where it ends. It's very thin which is great. But it's still stiff enough to have halo which it does. On top of that, the sticker that secures it during installation leaves an almost possible to remove residue at the top. After removing, I bent it just to see if its glass. It was indeed. Actually it absorbed repeated blows well to protect a bear motion I had removed. But it looks terrible so that's it.

Another review coming up in a minute...

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Last edited:

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll put the pictures up soon, for some reason tapatalk is acting whacky since the update.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 4 using Tapatalk

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I'll put the pictures up soon, for some reason tapatalk is acting whacky since the update.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note 4 using Tapatalk
fc41109716d1aef415fb3e73dd50c101.jpg
cccc0878c2e09c3aaf8332f7f8a556e3.jpg
c6399a20d90ff3312a605235e3214593.jpg

Naolin

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm just living with the Halo on my Zagg Glass, I tried the plastic HD screen protectors and have come to the conclusion that I'm willing to put up with the Halo in exchange for the feel and how the glass just has no imperfections on the actual screen. The Halo is off of the actual display so it doesn't effect anything on the screen, with the plastic I found it held dents and scratches and although it did heal some you could still see small indentations or left overs from imperfect installs.

So i'm ok with the Halo for now.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
You guys would be laughing your guts out at me if you saw the size of my halo. But as I have said before..it just does not really bother me. That said once one comes out that at least looks like a reasonable effort to resolve this, I will likely go for it.

Just a reminder to all of us.....while we wait do make sure to blow out the edge right where the screen protector meets the screen and where your case if you are using one lips over the front. Stuff is just dying to gather in the bottom of that furrow that is right there and then work its way around the edge of the protector. Worse than that, it will mix with moisture and grease eventually and it will harden in that area. At some point they could probably start to build tank armor out of the stuff once it gets hard enough. Depending on where I have been I likely blow that edge out every two to three days just to be safe.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Here is the Noot from Amazon
1d5211792ca0ce8383beb7c4281da31e.jpg
055d1d12bec3fd24d1d57e873f8f913e.jpg
652735dee656f9e4681105688db9b2ca.jpg
34d82f9366269df65eec801dcd3cc4f3.jpg

Not a fan of the way they did the home button cutout but this may be the best thus far. Good oleophobic coating, covers more of the glass, has a very small halo on left and right similar to the Supershieldz, covers the front camera (no loss of quality), doesn't stop in the middle of the capacitive buttons.

Last edited:

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
What bothers me the most is on my supershieldz glass protector is that the bottom of it is in line with the bottom side of the main button. Leaving almost a 1/4 inch exposed and sucks when ever I hit the back arrow all the time. Like I'm always half on and half off.

I do second this

ejohnnyk

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I received my Bear Motion tempered glass screen protector today!
Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Screen Protector - Bear Motion Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector for Galaxy Note 4 (Due to the limitation of tempered glass material, only the flat areas are covered. See Original Untouched Picture (2nd one) for the Ac

$7.99 and free shipping with Amazon Prime. Here's a picture from Amazon's product page:
71I5krFo0NL._SL1500_.jpg

I was impressed with the packaging. Enclosed in the fold-out package was the tempered glass, wet nap style cleaning pad, lint-free cloth and a sticker (I have no idea what that's for - probably to help with installation).
20141125_132215.jpg

The glass lined up perfectly with all buttons and sensors. There was no halo. About an hour after sticking it on, I noticed it shifted slightly and before I had a chance to take pictures... I decided to remove it and reapply. That's when I dropped it, adhesive side down, on the carpet. DOH!

I ordered another and am also waiting for a Supersheildz, both of which arrive on Friday.

Does the halo appear right away or after a few minutes/hours after the glass starts to separate along the edges? I'll post pics when the new package arrives. Have a great holiday!

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
The glass lined up perfectly with all buttons and sensors. There was no halo. About an hour after sticking it on, I noticed it shifted slightly and before I had a chance to take pictures... I decided to remove it and reapply. That's when I dropped it, adhesive side down, on the carpet. DOH!

I ordered another and am also waiting for a Supersheildz, both of which arrive on Friday.

Does the halo appear right away or after a few minutes/hours after the glass starts to separate along the edges? I'll post pics when the new package arrives. Have a great holiday!

Screen protectors are tough to apply---I wouldn't quite say "one shot and done" but an hour later...? That has no good end to it. :) Even without dropping it. :)

I saw a bit of a halo immediately. It has never gone away. Never gotten worse. I'm content enough.