Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
New Zagg, same old halo. :( after sending me the wrong screen protector twice, they send me the New and improved glass. Halo!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Forgot the pics

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141210_213538_HDR0.jpg
    20141210_213538_HDR0.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 91
  • 20141210_213528_HDR.jpg
    20141210_213528_HDR.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 91

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Is that the tech 21 mesh case (clear)? If so how do you like it? Is it minimal? I only ask because I just ordered one on monday

Had the Tech 21 Clear Mesh and it's a decent case. The Tech 21 I got did not have the right cutouts for the Verizon model and I ordered it direct from Tech 21 in the UK. They gave me a full refund and told me to keep the case.

TheDonJ77, what you think about my Zagg glass install? Should I pull it off and try the second one?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The ZeroLemon seems really small. Judging from your pics, it looks like it doesn't fully cover the screen, which is probably why there's no Halo.
I would probably prefer a small halo that actually protects more of the screen/phone.

SideNOTE (pun lol): This is what I've discovered. Everyone's phone seems to be different. As you can tell from this thread, so have halos, and some don't while testing the SAME protector. So it seems that the curve on everyone's Note varies. I have the MyBat protector that has no halo, yet others (including my buddy) has halo. I switched to a different one that HAS halo because the halo on the white version doesn't really bother me at all. I just want the glass to cover as much of the screen as possible.

Shouldn't it make more sense for the screen protectors to be different? I believe the quality control on a near $1000 piece of hardware should be better than that of a $10 glass screen.

Unless...the screens differ on each carrier version of the Note? Which would explain why the same screen protector fits differently on random phones?

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
ZeroLemon on white tmo. Has halo. This exact same protector went on my black one halo free. I have more coming, I'll try another just to see if I got a "lemon". But the screen appears more curved on the white one I have. Or the protectors have variance. So mybat for my white tmo and ZeroLemon for my black one. Aye ye ye. Side note, they all go halo free on my shower wall...

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/10/f6e4d4d9cc5ba23d9cff312dca206f2f.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/10/5537dede54d749dda65f1b893b51f43f.jpghttp://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/10/c67bbd86539cc400d52247af2ce90d26.jpg

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Crap, I guess I stand corrected? That's bloody weird, or outrageous possibly. The screens on a companies flagship phone should not have this much variance!

I think I give up trying to guess this one. Since Zagg hasn't returned my last 3 emails I think I'm just going to return it and try the Mybat. Even if I have to try a couple to get the right fit at least they're only $10 as opposed to $40 for the Zagg :/

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Had the Tech 21 Clear Mesh and it's a decent case. The Tech 21 I got did not have the right cutouts for the Verizon model and I ordered it direct from Tech 21 in the UK. They gave me a full refund and told me to keep the case.

TheDonJ77, what you think about my Zagg glass install? Should I pull it off and try the second one?
If you haven't already I would try a reinstall

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
It looks like some of the reviews on Amazon (even some 4-5 star ones) mention some sort of halo effect. It seems like it's the luck of the draw to see how big/little (or no) halo effect you get. Seems the same way for the Zagg.

This is really starting to get frustrating

There is a solution (Mine): live with some halo.:) Honestly, it is really obvious when the device is OFF. When on, I don't find it such a big deal. I'm content with the Bear, halo and all. It is easier than tearing my hair out forever.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
There is a solution (Mine): live with some halo.:) Honestly, it is really obvious when the device is OFF. When on, I don't find it such a big deal. I'm content with the Bear, halo and all. It is easier than tearing my hair out forever.

I can see the Zagg halo clear as day even with the screen on. I'm calling their customer service today.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I'm just going to either face facts and live with a halo on the edges of the phone if I get the tempered glass or just go with no glass at all. There is just no consistency with glass that have no halo, only glass with halo

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to leave this Zagg on until my Alpha glass arrives and see what it looks like in person.
I've had Zagg glass on many of past phones and this Note 4 one does not seem as smooth as the past versions. Maybe they used a cheaper coating on this one.:-\

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I think I'm just going to either face facts and live with a halo on the edges of the phone if I get the tempered glass or just go with no glass at all. There is just no consistency with glass that have no halo, only glass with halo
I hear ya. Felt the same way, fortunately my persistence paid off right before I threw in the towel.

Nobbb

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
I hear ya. Felt the same way, fortunately my persistence paid off right before I threw in the towel.

Although MyBat had no halo on mine, even if it did, I don't really care anymore as it doesn't effect me at all since you can really notice it when the screen is off. Not sure why anyone would stare at a blank screen anyways lol

I think some here probably spent so much money experimenting screen protectors, that the cost can buy them the Note 5! :)

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Is there a tempered glass protector that's easy to put on? I purchased a regular screen protector and can't seem to get it on without dust getting on the screen and causing air bubbles.

Posted via Android Central App

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Is there a tempered glass protector that's easy to put on? I purchased a regular screen protector and can't seem to get it on without dust getting on the screen and causing air bubbles.

Posted via Android Central App

I hate the Zagg halo but I have to admit, they have the simplest install for any screen I have ever seen. It's genius really, the top protective layer has tabs attached so you can just lay down the screen protector.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Even with the tabs I managed to get mine on too high. :-\ godzillinois is 100% right, the Zagg tabs make all the difference when installing the glass.:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae