Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
This makes about 20 for me so I'm getting better at. But with these being cut smaller to fit with no halo precise placement is key! For the zero lemons I used making tape and dry fit it to where I wanted it and then just layed it in the tape frame. Worked great. Only problem is the curves of the glass aren't symmetrical with the center of the screen. So if you line up square with the screen I had halo both times on the right side. I had to go just a smidge to the left to stay off of the curves. This seems to be the case with others as well as there has been reports of halo on the right edge. But once I readjusted to the left it layed flat. All in all its pretty easy if you just take your time and do it under the right conditions.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

So did you line up the masking tape on the right edge just a smidge left of where the lit up portion of the screen begins? Any on the top or bottom?

Posted via the Android Central App

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
So I have a supershieldz mybat and zero lemon on the way. I figured one out of 3 has to work since it sounds like a crapshoot which one will not have a halo. Supershieldz will prolly be the stand by in case one breaks. I'm also worried about people's complaints about fingerprints and the front camera being covered affecting pics.

I also got a spigen slim armor coming but now I kind of wish I got the speck candyshell. Too many options out there. One of those good kind of problems I guess. Lol

Return the Slim armor and get the candyshell grip. I've already been down that road. My slim armor is now collecting dust in a drawer and I rock the candyshell grip.

The candyshell grip is slimmer and offers way better grip. I used on my previous note 3 as well. Great case for phablets.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So did you line up the masking tape on the right edge just a smidge left of where the lit up portion of the screen begins? Any on the top or bottom?

Yes lined up the protector about .2-.3mm to the left of center and put tape on the right side and at the bottom for an L shaped frame. You can free hand it if your steady, this was just easier to make sure its precise. Which apparently a small misalignment makes the whole thing halo. I have a replacement on the way to put on after my Zagg trial, I'll post a pic of the tape when I get it.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Yes lined up the protector about .2-.3mm to the left of center and put tape on the right side and at the bottom for an L shaped frame. You can free hand it if your steady, this was just easier to make sure its precise. Which apparently a small misalignment makes the whole thing halo. I have a replacement on the way to put on after my Zagg trial, I'll post a pic of the tape when I get it.

Yes, please show us your installation techniques. :)

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So I have a supershieldz mybat and zero lemon on the way. I figured one out of 3 has to work since it sounds like a crapshoot which one will not have a halo. Supershieldz will prolly be the stand by in case one breaks. I'm also worried about people's complaints about fingerprints and the front camera being covered affecting pics.

I also got a spigen slim armor coming but now I kind of wish I got the speck candyshell. Too many options out there. One of those good kind of problems I guess. Lol

Let us know how they fit! With pics preferably please!

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Maybe we don't even need a tempered glass protector as the Note 4 has Corning Gorilla Glass 4 :p

CORNING® GORILLA® GLASS | Samsung GALAXY Note 4 Products with Gorilla

My theory of protection is that protection, just like backing up, is a process, not a single, one-thing-does-it event. I expect the gorilla glass to be helpful as a last line of defense. Before that, I expect the screen protector to be the last third-party line of defense, and a good case to absorb most of the impact with its raised lip first of all, and make both unnecessary most of the time..

Gorilla glass is not a magic bullet. There are some good comments here, among other threads:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/452623-how-good-gorilla-glass-3-a.html

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, nust called the Zagg store 10 minutes from me, dude says he has "revised" note 4 tempered glass in stock for the beast. 50 bucks including install. I'm about to head over. Keep ya'll posted

Sent not from just an oversized phone but my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay, nust called the Zagg store 10 minutes from me, dude says he has "revised" note 4 tempered glass in stock for the beast. 50 bucks including install. I'm about to head over. Keep ya'll posted

Cool, give us some pictures. :) I wish there was a Zagg store around here. :-\

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I bought one from Zerolemon which I tried to install and failed miserably. As soon as I peeled of the adhesive from the screen protector, all kinds of dust particles started clinging to it immediately making installing it impossible. I tried wiping the dust off but I also ended up removing some of the adhesive glue so I gave up. I contacted the merchant and Zerolemon to see if I can return it and get a refund. I bought the Zerolemon battery case as well and that came with an regular plastic screen protector which I had no trouble installing and works just fine. If you're trying to install a glass screen protector, I'd recommend you get a professional to do it.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Cool, give us some pictures. :) I wish there was a Zagg store around here. :-\
Still with the revised version there is a halo on both sides. Not terrible but it's there. Besides that there is no difference between the tempered glass and the regular glass. Clear, smooth and fluid. SPEN works flawlessly too. I probably will just keep it on unless it starts to really get to me.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
7f7ec6cff29fd82a39fff0fdd92aaf41.jpg

ee82a4b0ae031bfdc707946a80971b57.jpg

8a608a3ecb80dbfb454948cb7bd985ff.jpg

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I keep meaning to ask. What is this "halo" everyone keeps mentioning? If it has been answered with photos and diagrams, please just point me to that post or thread.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I keep meaning to ask. What is this "halo" everyone keeps mentioning? If it has been answered with photos and diagrams, please just point me to that post or thread.
Look real close at the first picture I posted, it's right along the edges, or better yet.........

a4fcf188ba3eb4dfb4ba0931e427cf0f.jpg

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
your halos look fatter then mine. I still have the first Zagg on the phone. I have another Zagg and the Alpha glass just sitting here collecting dust.

Does that Tech 21 have the elongated opening for Verizon?