Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

Sandy G

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Sheesh guys, now you have me sucked into this thread ;) The Note 4 has knocked my socks off so far! Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with accessories. It just took me forever poring through your posts ;) Hey, if you can point me in the direction of an easy to find guide on all the cool features of the Note 4, I would love that.

This is what I ordered:

Bessmate™ 9H Hardness Ultra-clear Premium Anti-Scratch Anti-shatter Bubble-free Tempered Glass Screen Protector:
Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 12.10.16 PM.png

Case:
Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 12.12.25 PM.png

Armband:

Screen Shot 2015-04-12 at 12.09.01 PM.png

Last edited:

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I have a question regarding glass screen protectors. I bought a cheap one on eBay, I did a really great job with alignment. There is very very slight halo-ing around just a small portion of the screen. It's not noticeable unless in a very particular light condition. I've tried taking a thin piece of paper to test whether it's actually lifted up, and I can't even come close to sliding it under, leaving me to believe it's a non-issue.

I just want to know whether leaving it like this is truly detrimental to the display at all?

My critical thinking leads me to thinking it's not, but I'd like others to chime in. A slight annoyance is okay, but physical damage due to this would really bother me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a question regarding glass screen protectors. I bought a cheap one on eBay, I did a really great job with alignment. There is very very slight halo-ing around just a small portion of the screen. It's not noticeable unless in a very particular light condition. I've tried taking a thin piece of paper to test whether it's actually lifted up, and I can't even come close to sliding it under, leaving me to believe it's a non-issue.

I just want to know whether leaving it like this is truly detrimental to the display at all?

My critical thinking leads me to thinking it's not, but I'd like others to chime in. A slight annoyance is okay, but physical damage due to this would really bother me.

I've had a Zagg glass which has a halo on my n.4 since the beginning of January. I haven't noticed and damage or flaws from the halo and I'm constantly looking at this phone for flaws and blemishes. Its still perfect. Still pure.

I think you'll be fine.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was at a Sprint store a couple of weeks ago and one of the customer service guys had a Otterbox glass screen protector on. It looked really good on the Note 4 without any halo. The cost of it was $35. I don't want to pay that much for a screen protector, but it looks good.

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I've had a Zagg glass which has a halo on my n.4 since the beginning of January. I haven't noticed and damage or flaws from the halo and I'm constantly looking at this phone for flaws and blemishes. Its still perfect. Still pure.

I think you'll be fine.

Haha you sound like me. I'm constantly checking the display edges for scratches in the sunlight. So far so good!

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
So I got the iloome flex glass and have had it on for 3 weeks now. I had the Zagg before which had a halo, but I kept it on for months for protection until I got this iloome to replace it.

First of all l didn't realize how much the halo bothered me until I took the Zagg off! The screen looks so much better bare and with the iloome! For those not bothered by their halo, wait until you take off your screen protector or get one without a halo!

Install wasn't hard, but it wasn't as easy as I expected, and I made the mistake of upgrading to Lollipop right after putting on the new screen. My phone got so hot from all the upgrades that the ilioome started to peel. I've got most of it down expect for a sliver in one corner, but I chalk that up to install error and not a fault of the screen protector. Though it does show how this screen protector is prone to peeling in high heat.

Overall I'm satisfied with it, though this flexible glass definitely doesn't seem as protective as tempered glass did, but there's less glare and slightly better feel for the pen too. Besides that one corner it's barely noticeable though so that's nice. I am glad I replaced the (overpriced) Zagg halo glass, now I guess I'll just wait until there's a definitive tempered glass solution. The iloome flex is definitely a worthy alternative until then!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have the Zagg and it has a halo and I keep thinking I'm gonna go up to the AT&T store and have them install a BodyGuardz, which is halo-free, but it seems like such a wasteful thing to do when the Zagg is otherwise without flaw.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
The thinner one .15 I've HD it for about a month and it's pretty awesome.
I suggest not to get the ICarez one afterall. Within the 1st month of use, I have replaced 2 of them, because they had scratches on them during my use of the SPen. I liked it initially cuz of no halo, but the scratches started to appear in the middle of the screen, from using the SPen. The seller was nice enough to give me a full refund.

mak916

May 17, 2010
Visit site
So I got the iloome flex glass and have had it on for 3 weeks now. I had the Zagg before which had a halo, but I kept it on for months for protection until I got this iloome to replace it.

First of all l didn't realize how much the halo bothered me until I took the Zagg off! The screen looks so much better bare and with the iloome! For those not bothered by their halo, wait until you take off your screen protector or get one without a halo!

Install wasn't hard, but it wasn't as easy as I expected, and I made the mistake of upgrading to Lollipop right after putting on the new screen. My phone got so hot from all the upgrades that the ilioome started to peel. I've got most of it down expect for a sliver in one corner, but I chalk that up to install error and not a fault of the screen protector. Though it does show how this screen protector is prone to peeling in high heat.

Overall I'm satisfied with it, though this flexible glass definitely doesn't seem as protective as tempered glass did, but there's less glare and slightly better feel for the pen too. Besides that one corner it's barely noticeable though so that's nice. I am glad I replaced the (overpriced) Zagg halo glass, now I guess I'll just wait until there's a definitive tempered glass solution. The iloome flex is definitely a worthy alternative until then!

So you don't have any halo on the iloome?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have the Zagg and it has a halo and I keep thinking I'm gonna go up to the AT&T store and have them install a BodyGuardz, which is halo-free, but it seems like such a wasteful thing to do when the Zagg is otherwise without flaw.

Where do you see that that the Bodyguardz Pure is halo free?

Last edited:

Princepia

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I keep seeing halo. What is that?

It's a perimeter around your glass screen protector that does not sit flush against the slightly curved glass of the phone.

Generally it's just not aesthetically pleasing.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
It's a perimeter around your glass screen protector that does not sit flush against the slightly curved glass of the phone.

Generally it's just not aesthetically pleasing.

Oh ok. Thanks.

Sandy G

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Okay you guys, I know this is about screen protectors. I didn't put my Bessmate glass screen protector on yet, so I can't tell you how it is. The Samsung case works fine.

But....see the picture I posted of the pink armband? It covers my whole arm. I would rather not take it out of the case, and so far the Amazon reviews I have read say the armbands are too big for women. Have you found an armband that is good?

Dusty Morrow

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
So.. after reading all 35 pages, there is still no answer..

Haha!! I know how you feel, i have been following this thread for quite a while, trying to determine which one i should get. I was sold on the Icarez brand, because it seem to standout with people, and the no halo was the most important thing for me. Then i saw the reply that said the icarez scratches easily, so i am at a stand still again smh lol!

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Haha!! I know how you feel, i have been following this thread for quite a while, trying to determine which one i should get. I was sold on the Icarez brand, because it seem to standout with people, and the no halo was the most important thing for me. Then i saw the reply that said the icarez scratches easily, so i am at a stand still again smh lol!
That was me, ha. If you don't mind the fine scratches noticeable under certain lighting, then go for the ICarez. I just think tempered glass should be scratch free. Also, the upper right corner cracked when I tried to remove it. See pic. I don't think there's a perfect tempered glass out there that is under $40.

Attachments

• 1429555081004.jpg
    1429555081004.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 43

PainFX

May 2, 2014
Visit site

I think I'm just gonna go with the Zagg..