07-21-2015 04:36 PM
983 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Not as long as you get the crystal clear screen protectors. The anti-glare and privacy screen protectors do take away from the clarity and brilliance of the screen, in my experience, but not the crystal protectors. I have not yet tried the tempered glass protectors.
    10-14-2014 11:09 PM
    The clear tempered glass don't do anything to detract from the screen. Many films do and the anti-glare and privacy screen protectors do.

The curved edge screen phablets are forcing a tough choice on tempered glass fans though. The manufacturers are either making protectors that do not go all the way over the curved edge which to me is a bit disconcerting

or

if you do choose a tempered glass protector that goes all the way around the curved edge, there will be some cases that are designed to fit so snugly to the screen that there won't be any room for the screen protector.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-14-2014 11:18 PM
    We ordered cases for our N4's just so we'd have them protected from the start, but I'm sure we will end up purchasing different ones down the road.

These are the cases we chose:
    My case & pouch (I tend to toss my phone in my purse and my keys can mess up the screen protector, so I'm trying a pouch out)
    Attachment 141129
    Attachment 141130

My husband's case, in the brown 'leather' on the far right:
    Attachment 141131
    Where did you order the brown leather one from? Cant seem to google it. Thanks!!!
    10-14-2014 11:29 PM
    I ordered it from Amazon, but the brown 'leather' is no longer available. There are a pretty wide selection of colors, though. For some reason, this site won't allow me to place the link here, but it is called the "Tridea Anti-Shock Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case."
    10-14-2014 11:41 PM
    The UAG looks good to me. If you get black or clear, it ships on the 27th.
    10-14-2014 11:45 PM
    Where did you order the brown leather one from? Cant seem to google it. Thanks!!!
    I think it's this one but the brown leather isn't showing.
    Amazon.com: [Tridea] Anti-Shock Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case Fashionable Premium Leather [Crocodile - Yellow] TPU Case with Hidden Card Storage for Samsung Galaxy Note 4: Cell Phones & Accessories
    10-14-2014 11:46 PM
    Yes, it is that link, but when I ordered my husband's it said only one more was in stock and it seems to have been true because the brown is no longer showing. I responded, but apparently my post has to be approved by a monitor before it will show (I guess because I am new?).
    10-14-2014 11:48 PM
    Yes, it is that link, but when I ordered my husband's it said only one more was in stock and it seems to have been true because the brown is no longer showing. I responded, but apparently my post has to be approved by a monitor before it will show (I guess because I am new?).
    Thanks! !
    10-15-2014 01:04 AM
    I'm going to try something different and go with a Pouch/Sleeve.

We're getting the Note 4 up here on the 24th so hopefully my order arrives.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Pocket Pouch 2 Set Protect Case Sleeve Bag | eBay
    Peter McCain likes this.
    10-15-2014 01:23 AM
    Spigan really does not have anything between Tough Armor and Slim Armor unless that is the hole Neo Hybrid is supposed to fill. Maybe their Tough Armor would work for me although that might be more case than I need. Heck a skin might do now that I have figured out what to do for the screen.
    I ordered the tough armor--never used one before. How much bigger are they than the slim?
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-15-2014 07:21 AM
    I purchased it from a seller on Etsy and she has a TON of really cute patterns of material and she custom makes them to fit your phone. You can even tell her what type of case you have/will have on the phone and she will fit it to those measurements. She is very helpful. She receives very good reviews and she responded almost immediately to my questions. I can't seem to post links here for some reason, but I'd be happy to PM you her info if you'd like!

I do want to mention that I have not personally received products from her in the past, so I am going off her reviews, appearance of products, and her customer service thusfar.
    Sure, you can send me the link. I'll take a look over there.

Thanks!
    10-15-2014 08:24 AM
    I ordered the tough armor--never used one before. How much bigger are they than the slim?
    I just got mine in the mail. Didn't check mailbox till this morning. Let me post a few pics in a second. Now just need the damn Note 4 and my tempered glass screen protector I ordered!!

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-15-2014 08:34 AM
    It's on backorder now
    10-15-2014 09:10 AM
    Here's the spigen tough armor in gunmetal. I love it. Looks great, super light. . Pics don't do it justice of the gunmetal. Looks sharp in person!

For $13.99 shipped, this was a great steal! . Now Friday can't come fast enough for my Note 4!

(sorry just noticed first three pics dark!)

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    10-15-2014 09:12 AM
    Here's the spigen tough armor in gunmetal. I love it. Looks great, super light. . Pics don't do it justice of the gunmetal. Looks sharp in person!

For $13.99 shipped, this was a great steal! . Now Friday can't come fast enough for my Note 4!
    Looks nice. Saw this..

I'd be interested if anyone had a comparison to the official Samsung in post 244. I know, I know, probably no one actually has it! Is it bigger than, say, an Otterbox commuter?
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-15-2014 09:18 AM
    Looks nice. Saw this..
    I'd be interested if anyone had a comparison to the official Samsung in post 244. I know, I know, probably no one actually has it! Is it bigger than, say, an Otterbox commuter?
    I think the Sammy case is pretty thin actually if you look closely at the pics.
    10-15-2014 10:11 AM
    I keep seeing the same cases over and over online. I'm excited to see what local stores have to offer as far as cases within the next couple weeks.
    10-15-2014 10:16 AM
    I'm going to try something different and go with a Pouch/Sleeve.

We're getting the Note 4 up here on the 24th so hopefully my order arrives.

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 with Pocket Pouch 2 Set Protect Case Sleeve Bag | eBay
    Very nice! Thanks for the lankage.
    10-15-2014 01:02 PM
    I just got the tough armor as well for $13.99. I want to do some experimenting with a case and tempered glass screen protectors that cover all the way to the edge of the curved glass. I am getting more and more optimistic about how this might work out if I decide to go tempered glass screen protector and case.

I decided to try this Tough Armor because:
    - How can you go wrong for $13.99
    - It is a two piece much like many of the other cases I might consider that are coming out
    - I can experiment with the inner core as a way to look at how a lightweight skin-like case might work with a tempered glass screen protector that goes all the way to the edge of the curved screen and can use the full case to see how that might work out.

Obviously mileage may vary with other case/screen protector combinations. But I am committed to using a glass screen protector and just want to get a better idea for my case options as a result.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-15-2014 01:13 PM
    I think the Sammy case is pretty thin actually if you look closely at the pics.
    Agreed, but it didn't look like a double layer case. I like those for protection. I'm wondering how the Tough Armor compares in size to, say, an Otterbox commuter. Any Note 3 owners who know?
    10-15-2014 01:31 PM
    Has anyone seen knock off Otterbox cases yet? I know the real ones aren't out yet. I'm choosing between that and an S view case with those magnetic clips.

Posted via Android Central App
    Never put magnets near your phone
    10-15-2014 02:40 PM
    Never put magnets near your phone
    Why??

10-15-2014 03:10 PM
    Why??

It will basically knacker it. There's an article on net with regards to the magnets being fitted to these flip cases and it's no good for the handset.
    It's well known magnets and electronic goods is a no no
    10-15-2014 03:13 PM
    Why??

Magnets near electronics is never a good idea. If you do that near a hard drive say good bye to the data .
    10-15-2014 03:13 PM
    Generally these magnets are not strong enough to do any damage to the phone. They're only there to wake up and put the phone to sleep.

Note 2 via Android Central App
    10-15-2014 03:24 PM
983 ... 910111213 ...