Note 4 What case you going for?

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I will be picking up a good case once I get my Note 4. A lot of the ones you folks have listed on here look great, and I'm having a hard time deciding. My must-haves: built in screen protector and kickstand. I notice that many of the cases available now have one or the other, but I don't see any with both. Anyone care to direct me to cases that have both?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
From the product description:
"The Samsung cover has a raised bezel edge that provides a buffer between the screen and surfaces to prevent scratches when the smartphone is placed face down."

Very nice! Didn't see that until I realized the description expanded down. I believe I will also be picking this one up.

Posted via the Android Central App

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Just ordered this in black!

www(dot) samsung (dot) com/us/mobile/cell-phones-accessories/EF-PN910BSESTA

The official Samsung Protective Cover+. They call it Ultra slim, and honestly it does look pretty slim.

So glad to see they made this protective cover again (new design) that they had for the Note 2. I prefer this 100x over the stupid S-view folio cases...

**edit. Wow was I late to the game on this one......... Lol. I was so excited when I saw it that I just came and posted and didn't read the other posts...

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
So glad to see they made this protective cover again (new design) that they had for the Note 2. I prefer this 100x over the stupid S-view folio cases...

Same here. Even the regular Samsung folio cases -- I bought one for my Note 2 and virtually never used it. In contrast, I've used the Samsung protective cover for the Note 2 virtually every day since I bought it. I didn't see one for the Note 3, so I thought they decided to stop making them, but I'm sooo glad they decided to make one for the Note 4.

Invalid coupon...just tried.

Huh, that's supposed to be good through December. If you have a Samsung account (and you can just sign up for one), try rJ0u786 -- that worked for me just a few hours ago.

geoffropuff

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else waiting for the Diztronic TPU cases? I've had one on my S4 for over a year and it's survived many falls and not even a scratch on the case, let alone the phone. I got the Spigen perfect fit to hold me over until Diztronic unveils their lineup. I know the perfect fit doesn't cover the top and bottom lip on the front but i do like how low profile it is. It feels very light but seems like the plastic might only cover one hard drop.

Also, I was also able to use the Samsung website coupon code for 50% off accessories: rJ0u786. Spare battery charging kit for $20. Woohoo!

stanleybb50

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Looks like all the UAG cases for the Note 4 are now on the main search page for UAG.

just ordered myself a Maverick. Now I've officially already spent way too much money on cases, and I won't even have the phone til next week! (verizon......)

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't have my N4 yet but I've already ordered the Samsung hard protective cover. I have the same cover on my Note 2 (aesthetics are a bit different but it's the equivalent case) and love it. Good protection without adding much bulk.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/...s-accessories%2FEF-PN910BSESTA&token=Oxm0zLOE

e486716e72d0b593e30e1ba34437cbba.jpg

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a Bodyguardz Pure Glass screen protector. It does go all the way to the edges of the screen.

One problem with glass screen protectors that do go all the way to the edge of devices with curved screens is that the interference between the glass and the lips of some cases is too great.

I decided to opt to first protect the screen. I don't care what the screen is made from, that is a lot of real estate, making it the most vulnerable component of the N4 IMO. So I am going to make sure to protect that and then given the recent Samsung drop test results, I may not need much for a case after all.

I have an extra battery/charge kit coming and I am not going to want to wrestle much with a case to get the back cover off to replace the battery anyway. I am going to want something that I can get on and off quickly and easily.

I might try something soft and cushion like without much hard plastic going on....something that won't create too much of an interference fit issue with the screen protector. Either that, or maybe a UAG since they come with a screen protector and there may be enough room in there for my screen protector. I saw some Spigan videos for other Samsung phones that also had tempered glass screen protectors. There might be enough room in some of the Spegan's for my screen protector. I am going to want something if I can so that I won't have to worry about the camera lens being damaged. The N4 has a good camera...probably good enough to handle most of the shots I take now with a dedicated digital point and shoot that is getting long in the tooth. I would be thrilled with the idea of never having to buy another point and shoot. Funny how the smartphone business has had an impact on the camera and GPS business.

I do think the recent Samsung drop tests are very encouraging. None of the cases I would consider are going to give me much moisture protection.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Spigan really does not have anything between Tough Armor and Slim Armor unless that is the hole Neo Hybrid is supposed to fill. Maybe their Tough Armor would work for me although that might be more case than I need. Heck a skin might do now that I have figured out what to do for the screen.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I got the white Spigen Slim Armor and the thing is ugly and cheap feeling.

Sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
Crap, I ordered the dark slate one... If I don't like it, I'll return it in a heartbeat. I also have their TPU case coming.

The best case I had for my Note 3 is the Speck candyshell grip. It makes holding the phablet so much easier. Lots of ridges to feel. I can't wait for them to make one for the note 4.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Speck Candyshell gets tons of support from current phablet users....really remarkable how many people like their case. Since you have one on a N3, is it soft or hard? If Soft or even softish....it might be perfect given my concern for my glass screen protector. If hard, depending on the fit, it might have that same interference issue I spoke of with the full screen protector.