07-21-2015 04:36 PM
983 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I switched it up this time and got a Spigen Tough Armor. I love the kickstand.

Previously I've always used Otterbox commuter cases, but wanted a change.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-19-2014 10:16 PM
    I'm going for the Spigen Tough Armour.

I had it on my iPhone and it's great, only complaint is that the back plastic scratches and wears pretty easily but it's not a deal killer. They are cheap enough to replace easily when it gets too bad.

I like that fact that it's pretty protective and still slides in and out of my pocket without gripping the fabric.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-19-2014 11:04 PM
    Only problem I see with the Spigen Tough Armor is the back is really slippery. I was looking at this but being one handed only I need something with a grip any suggestions. I'm using the Defender on my Note 3 but really don't want to spend $70 on one for the Note 4.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-19-2014 11:53 PM
    Only problem I see with the Spigen Tough Armor is the back is really slippery. I was looking at this but being one handed only I need something with a grip any suggestions. I'm using the Defender on my Note 3 but really don't want to spend $70 on one for the Note 4.

Have you held the spigen tough armor? Or where you getting the info that back is slippery?

I am using it right now and I don't find it slippery at all. In fact the cheap TPU cases I had on the note 3, as well as the Incipio Dual pro case were way more slippery than the tough armor.

I agree the back is more metallic like than the TPU quality of the defender but I prefer that

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk
    10-20-2014 12:12 AM
    Make sure that the case you get doesn't block the heart rate sensor. Can't get it to read because of how the Spigen case is made. It kind of blocks my finger.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    They had some instructions on their website on that....I don't know if that helps, but you might doublecheck.
    10-20-2014 04:25 AM
    I'm going for the Spigen Tough Armour.

I had it on my iPhone and it's great, only complaint is that the back plastic scratches and wears pretty easily but it's not a deal killer. They are cheap enough to replace easily when it gets too bad.

I like that fact that it's pretty protective and still slides in and out of my pocket without gripping the fabric.
    The note 4 one has slightly raised rubber things on the back to prevent the back from touching a surface, which helps prevent the scratching. None on mine so far.

The back is not very slippery. Especially not compared to my Galaxy S3 commuter case.

They had some instructions on their website on that....I don't know if that helps, but you might doublecheck.
    I spent a few minutes trying to get the right position to get the reader to work. Finally got it but it's a bit of a pain still. That's my only complaint with the case.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-20-2014 07:52 AM
    On top of letting us know how you liked it, where did you get it?

Everything seems backordered on the samsung website, including that.
    10-20-2014 08:54 AM
    I ordered the supcase on Saturday. It is due tomorrow. This morning I got this from the manufacturer. This may be the delay in some cases. I this it is great customer service to put this out.

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 What case you going for?-2014-10-20-06-34-50.jpg  
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-20-2014 09:38 AM
    I ordered the supcase on Saturday. It is due tomorrow. This morning I got this from the manufacturer. This may be the delay in some cases. I this it is great customer service to put this out.
    That's bizarre -- why would the microphone locations differ from carrier to carrier? I have the AT&T model, and unlike their positioning in the diagram, the two microphone locations are equidistant from the micro USB port.
    10-20-2014 09:45 AM
    Does anyone have any suggestions (using the condom analagoy) for cases that are the slimmest or thinnest possible, while offering some amount of protection?
    10-20-2014 10:49 AM
    Welp, I ordered my Spigen Slim Armor case from Amazon, to be shipped on November 5th. I'd like to find a case locally for $10-$15 to use until then. Best Buy only has the S View case. I checked the biggest mall near me that has several carrier kiosks and a couple case vendor kiosks to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
    10-20-2014 12:10 PM
    Does anyone have any suggestions (using the condom analagoy) for cases that are the slimmest or thinnest possible, while offering some amount of protection?
    I like the Incipio Feather, but it doesn't look like those are available for the Note 4 just yet.

This looks like it will come close: Spigen Galaxy Note 4 Case Thin Fit | Spigen

I've ordered this one: Spigen Galaxy Note 4 Case Slim Armor | Spigen
    generic username likes this.
    10-20-2014 12:11 PM
    Welp, I ordered my Spigen Slim Armor case from Amazon, to be shipped on November 5th. I'd like to find a case locally for $10-$15 to use until then. Best Buy only has the S View case. I checked the biggest mall near me that has several carrier kiosks and a couple case vendor kiosks to no avail. Anyone have any ideas?
    I asked my local malls cell phone case kiosks yesterday and said they won't get any note 4 cases in until this Wed Oct 23

On a side note, he sarcastically said "well hardly has a note 4 anyways" I said Oh I got one and pulled it out and showed him. He was genuinely shocked and speechless hahah

pantlesspenguin and Jsharpe76 like this.
    10-20-2014 12:20 PM
    I just did something that I said I wouldn't do. I didn't want to spend anymore money on cases and accessories, but not being able to use the heart rate monitor with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case on bothered me. So I bought the Samsung S-View cover and the Zagg Glass protector. So, again I spent too much money on accessories. But the heart rate monitor is usable now. And the S-view case provides some extra functionality that I like. But I am officially out of the market for more accessories. I am going to pay it forward with my Spigen case if anyone is interested.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-20-2014 12:21 PM
    I just did something that I said I wouldn't do. I didn't want to spend anymore money on cases and accessories, but not being able to use the heart rate monitor with the Spigen Neo Hybrid case on bothered me. So I bought the Samsung S-View cover and the Zagg Glass protector. So, again I spent too much money on accessories. But the heart rate monitor is usable now. And the S-view case provides some extra functionality that I like. But I am officially out of the market for more accessories. I am going to pay it forward with my Spigen case if anyone is interested.

Aww that's really nice of you! I hope my Slim Armor case doesn't have the same problem :/
    10-20-2014 12:29 PM
    what do you guys think of the Galaxy Note 4 Case, Verus [Heavy Drop Protection] Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case [Thor][Charcoal Black] Extra Slim Fit Dual Layer Hard Case on Amazon ...I tried to post a link but don't have enough posts to do so...lol
    10-20-2014 12:37 PM
    10-20-2014 12:43 PM
    I always use the incipio dual pro on all my phones, but they aren't out yet. I picked up the tough armor case to tide me over and it seems pretty nice.
    10-20-2014 12:53 PM

Did you use the 50% off on Samsung website for the S view? . I got it for $31 shipped. But may decide not to use it...

10-20-2014 01:02 PM

Are you offering to give it away? If so I'll take it

From my smokin' hot N4
    10-20-2014 01:05 PM
    I ordered the Samsung Protective Cover Grey for my black phone. I used the coupon that I got from buying the phone in the first place.

Galaxy Note 4 Protective Cover, GRAY
    10-20-2014 01:15 PM
    Samsung Protective Cover just arrived. Some have been asking about it so here are my thoughts and a couple of pictures. As a side note, I had the Spigen Neo Hybrid on the phone and this is replacing that case. The Samsung case is the thinnest case that I have ever used. It's as thin as a basic TPU skin. The edges are a TPU material that is grippy but not sticky. The buttons work perfectly through the case and provide good feedback. The back of the case is a hard plastic and has a textured surface. The back also has a raised rim around the camera and flash. The cutouts are all in the right places and as noted earlier about the mic position on different carrier models, one of the lower mic cutouts is somewhat slotted rather than just being round, I guess to accommodate that difference in models. Overall I'm really pleased with this case. It's not going to give you extreme drop protection like some of the heavier duty cases but it will provide decent protection for every day use which all that I hope I need.

Note 4 What case you going for?-image.jpg
    10-20-2014 01:38 PM
    It wasn't back ordered? I am from the US, and the protective covers are all backordered.....
    10-20-2014 01:42 PM
    Samsung Protective Cover just arrived. Some have been asking about it so here are my thoughts and a couple of pictures. As a side note, I had the Spigen Neo Hybrid on the phone and this is replacing that case. The Samsung case is the thinnest case that I have ever used. It's as thin as a basic TPU skin. The edges are a TPU material that is grippy but not sticky. The buttons work perfectly through the case and provide good feedback. The back of the case is a hard plastic and has a textured surface. The back also has a raised rim around the camera and flash. The cutouts are all in the right places and as noted earlier about the mic position on different carrier models, one of the lower mic cutouts is somewhat slotted rather than just being round, I guess to accommodate that difference in models. Overall I'm really pleased with this case. It's not going to give you extreme drop protection like some of the heavier duty cases but it will provide decent protection for every day use which all that I hope I need.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	627.6 KB 
ID:	142240

Views:	140 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	142241

Views:	140 
Size:	616.0 KB 
ID:	142242

Views:	137 
Size:	578.2 KB 
ID:	142243
    Looks good. Inside looks just like my spigen tough armor and overall has the same design somewhat.

10-20-2014 01:44 PM
    Looks good. Inside looks just like my spigen tough armor and overall has the same design somewhat.

The pictures show my phone in the Samsung case propped up on the Spigen Neo Hybrid. Sorry for any confusion there. The inside of the Samsung case is not TPU lined like the Spigen case is, it's just the bare side of the hard plastic back.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-20-2014 01:52 PM
983 ... 1617181920 ...