07-21-2015 03:36 PM
983 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Samsung Protective Cover just arrived. Some have been asking about it so here are my thoughts and a couple of pictures. As a side note, I had the Spigen Neo Hybrid on the phone and this is replacing that case. The Samsung case is the thinnest case that I have ever used. It's as thin as a basic TPU skin. The edges are a TPU material that is grippy but not sticky. The buttons work perfectly through the case and provide good feedback. The back of the case is a hard plastic and has a textured surface. The back also has a raised rim around the camera and flash. The cutouts are all in the right places and as noted earlier about the mic position on different carrier models, one of the lower mic cutouts is somewhat slotted rather than just being round, I guess to accommodate that difference in models. Overall I'm really pleased with this case. It's not going to give you extreme drop protection like some of the heavier duty cases but it will provide decent protection for every day use which all that I hope I need.

Attachment 142240
    Attachment 142241
    Attachment 142242
    Attachment 142243
    Looks decent.
    Is it soft enough that you would not lose grip on it?
    I wish they made a white one.
    10-20-2014 01:35 PM
    It wasn't back ordered? I am from the US, and the protective covers are all backordered.....
    I ordered mine on the 17th and it shipped out this morning. Should arrive on Thursday.

Also, thanks to mhunter for the nice pics of my upcoming case.
    10-20-2014 01:40 PM
    Looks decent.
    Is it soft enough that you would not lose grip on it?
    I wish they made a white one.
    The edges are the rubbery TPU material. I wouldn't say it's soft but it does provide good grip and the texture on the back has a fool feel to it. It's not slippery at all.
    OceanView likes this.
    10-20-2014 01:46 PM
    Did you use the 50% off on Samsung website for the S view? . I got it for $31 shipped. But may decide not to use it...

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk
    I didn't because the site said backordered. I just went to Best Buy and picked one up.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    10-20-2014 01:49 PM
    Are you offering to give it away? If so I'll take it

From my smokin' hot N4
    I am offering to give it away. I would rather someone actually use it than it silting in my office an used.

10-20-2014 01:52 PM
    Did anyone get the Zagg screen protector? I had one put on today and it looks like the edges are raised. Is this normal? Didn't happen on my Note 3.

10-20-2014 01:53 PM
    Did anyone get the Zagg screen protector? I had one put on today and it looks like the edges are raised. Is this normal? Didn't happen on my Note 3.

Did you get the glass or the plastic? Because the glass ones are all recalled bec they don't fit correctly. I'm using the Zagg mirror glass one right now. It's not bad but doesn't cover the entire screen. But it's better than nothing over the screen for now

10-20-2014 02:00 PM
    Did you get the glass or the plastic? Because the glass ones are all recalled bec they don't fit correctly. I'm using the Zagg mirror glass one right now. It's not bad but doesn't cover the entire screen. But it's better than nothing over the screen for now

I got the glass.

10-20-2014 02:23 PM
    I just took it off. what a waste of money. I should have known better.

mchi5 likes this.
    10-20-2014 02:27 PM

Best buy mobile rep said if I register on Zagg. Com when they have the correct screen protector, they should mail us the new ones free of charge

By the way what kind of doc are you? ☺
    10-20-2014 02:33 PM

Seriously?!? I'm so sorry you're having trouble!!! 😢I'm not having trouble with mine. No it doesn't extend to the edges but it didn't on the iPhone either.

I'm so sorry. I hope I didn't steer you towards getting it.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-20-2014 02:36 PM
    I am offering to give it away. I would rather someone actually use it than it silting in my office an used.

I'll take it!!

From my smokin' hot N4
    10-20-2014 02:40 PM
    One thing I found out about the spigen tough armor case that is a negative is its not super easy to take case off.

I see this as a downside for those who may want to carry extra batteries and exchange them often.

For me it it's not a big deal because waiting for the zerolemon case

Don't get me wrong it's still easier to remove this case than the otterbox defender

10-20-2014 02:48 PM
    I tried the Pelican Voyager from AT&T but I will be returning it tomorrow. It is sturdy and will no doubt protect the jewel. The problem is I'm a big guy with big hands size 10 glove and I have to turn my fingers side-ways to remove the S Pen and using S Health app is impossible b/c you can't get your finger close enough for a good heart rate or SpO2 reading; also the finger print scanner is almost useless with the raised edges. At $60; I'm convince #AT&T just went with the most expensive and not what's functional.
    10-20-2014 02:52 PM
    Has anyone got hold of the S View Wallet yet? I ordered one but they are still awaiting stock.
    Galaxy Note 4 S View Wallet Cover (Black) - Samsung UK
    10-20-2014 02:53 PM
    Best buy mobile rep said if I register on Zagg. Com when they have the correct screen protector, they should mail us the new ones free of charge

I'm just going to take it back. I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. Money can be better spent on something else. And I have an ED. Doctorate in education. Just received it actually. Still getting used to the title. Makes me feel old, even though I'm 37 years young

10-20-2014 03:59 PM
    Disappointed that the new S view covers made my Samsung aren't Qi wireless ready. Will wait for one that is.
    10-20-2014 04:05 PM
    Disappointed that the new S view covers made my Samsung aren't Qi wireless ready. Will wait for one that is.
    I like it so far. It makes the phone look and feel smaller than when I had the Spigen case on it.

10-20-2014 04:11 PM
    I'm just going to take it back. I shouldn't have bought it in the first place. Money can be better spent on something else. And I have an ED. Doctorate in education. Just received it actually. Still getting used to the title. Makes me feel old, even though I'm 37 years young

Many congrats on the doctorate of Education. I'm actually an ER doctor, emergency medicine doc ☺

10-20-2014 04:20 PM

Congrats! I just finished my Sixth year in Ed leadership. I'm still in the classroom and love using the note 3 (my pre-order hasn't appeared yet) to record anecdotal notes on student progress during lessons.
    10-20-2014 04:23 PM
    10-20-2014 04:24 PM
    I had the Neo for my Sammy 4. I pre-ordered one of each of these in RED!
    How cool is it that when I hover my mighty pen over your link it gives me a preview? So cool!

monsieurms likes this.
    10-20-2014 04:31 PM
    Ups just dropped off my battery charger and Samsung protective case in blue. Really love the Samsung case than the spigen capsule case I was using.

Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 What case you going for?-20141020_171610.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-20141020_171555.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-20141020_171543.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-20141020_171515.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-20141020_171353.jpg  

67srbell and husker619 like this.
    10-20-2014 05:22 PM
    I like the blue color, looks really cool.

10-20-2014 08:23 PM
    I took my Zagg screen protector back and the refunded it and the installation fee. Made me feel better.

mchi5 likes this.
    10-20-2014 08:25 PM
983 ... 1718192021 ...