07-21-2015 04:36 PM
983 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Tech 21 with impactology-great slim case and their screen protectors are awesome

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2014 09:01 AM
    Well, you can with the S-view case. It was one of the reasons I went with it. It actually allows you an option through the S-view screen to calculate your heart rate.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    Oic....gd to know... I never used the heartrate monitor on my s5 doubt I will be using it on this don't have a reason to... But I guess the workout buffs or the users who live a healthier lifestyle will be glad to know there's a case out there Tht will suit their needs... Thanks for the share! me not able to use it with my cases no worries here!
    10-21-2014 09:08 AM
    I decided on the Otterbox Defender for both mine & my husband's N4. I needed something quick. Will do some more research after a few more cases are released & probably get something different though.
    10-21-2014 09:12 AM
    Getting the otter box commuter. I work on aircraft engines in the military and need the protection. Can't afford to drop this like my note 2.

Posted via My Note 4
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 What case you going for?-fb_img_1413657768635.jpg  
    10-21-2014 09:46 AM
    I had 18 cases for my note 2. After using the phone with the Samsung protective case, I don't see myself buying another case (but might buy the black one). The case feels perfect in the hand and on the note 4.The case is very thin and feels like it is part of the phone. And I'm loving the blue color.
    Jeez, I thought I was bad buying a half-dozen for my Note 2 -- a Body Glove TPU, the Samsung protective cover, the flip cover, a wallet style viewing stand, a holster style, and a leather pouch. I ended up using only the Samsung cover 95% of the time and the holster the rest of the time (clipped to the waistband of gym shorts with unreliable/slippery pockets). I'm going to keep it to those two this time, although I already bought the Spigen Capsule TPU to tide me over until the Samsung cover gets here. Which should be today, so I blew $11 for 96 hours of use for that case. Clearly, I haven't fully learned my lesson.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-21-2014 09:51 AM
    Jeez, I thought I was bad buying a half-dozen for my Note 2 -- a Body Glove TPU, the Samsung protective cover, the flip cover, a wallet style viewing stand, a holster style, and a leather pouch. I ended up using only the Samsung cover 95% of the time and the holster the rest of the time (clipped to the waistband of gym shorts with unreliable/slippery pockets). I'm going to keep it to those two this time, although I already bought the Spigen Capsule TPU to tide me over until the Samsung cover gets here. Which should be today, so I blew $11 for 96 hours of use for that case. Clearly, I haven't fully learned my lesson.
    Any interest in selling it? The case that I ordered doesn't even ship until November 5th and I'm looking for a cheap case to use in the meantime. The ONLY case I can find locally is the S View.
    10-21-2014 10:50 AM
    Any interest in selling it? The case that I ordered doesn't even ship until November 5th and I'm looking for a cheap case to use in the meantime. The ONLY case I can find locally is the S View.
    Nah, I'm going to hang onto it. There's a chance the Samsung cover may be too bulky to use with the ProClip holder in my car, in which case I'd be forced to use the Spigen at least some of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-21-2014 10:56 AM
    Nah, I'm going to hang onto it. There's a chance the Samsung cover may be too bulky to use with the ProClip holder in my car, in which case I'd be forced to use the Spigen at least some of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Good plan.
    10-21-2014 10:57 AM
    I just got the Spigen Slim Armor; very nice. Fits like a glove and doesn't add too much bulk. I only plan on using it at work and the gym though. I like the feel of the Note 4 in the hand. Its girth...its firmness...its texture...almost an extension of myself.

Wait...what was I talking about, again?

Oh, and I haven't had any issues with the heart rate monitor.

I also got a cheap $3 ESP sunglass bag for when I go without the case. The naked Note fits perfectly inside.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    10-21-2014 11:25 AM
    Its girth...its firmness...its texture...

The naked Note fits perfectly inside.
    Oh my!

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    Shelacios and PookiePrancer like this.
    10-21-2014 11:39 AM
    I need a holster with a heavy-duty case. I have narrowed the field to the Seidio Dilex Pro and the Otterbox Defender, neither of which is ready yet in the colors I want. I wish Spigen had a holster, some of their cases are very nice. I would like to consider others, but I don't trust anything under $20 and most others don't have holsters. Any recommendations?
    10-21-2014 11:41 AM
    I was thinking of holding out for a Ballistic Tough Jacket Max hoping it won't be bulkier than a Tough Jacket. Have you any past experience with the line to know if the Max is much bulkier than the Tough Jacket?
    I have not tried the cases before. But in their comparison between the cases on their website, they have a check box next to "Pocketable Protection" for the Tough Jacket and not the Tough Jacket Max. So Tough Jacket it is.
    10-21-2014 11:58 AM
    Ups just dropped off my battery charger and Samsung protective case in blue. Really love the Samsung case than the spigen capsule case I was using.

Posted via Android Central App
    How do you like the blue or would have you chosen the black instead?
    10-21-2014 12:23 PM
    I would like to consider others, but I don't trust anything under $20 and most others don't have holsters. Any recommendations?
    I wouldn't judge a case just on price alone. My spigen tough armor I got for $13.99 shipped but it retails for $29.99 I believe. But it's under $20 so you wouldn't trust it? 😁

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk
    10-21-2014 12:25 PM
    Good news. I ordered the S view case thru Samsung website with my 50% coupon but decided I didn't want it. The email said no cancellations are allowed.

I went ahead and called the 1-800 number. Guy was super nice. He cancelled my order, and called me back a few minutes later to confirm the cancellation went thru.

Best part, I asked if my 50% code is still valid. He said no but if I wanted to order something to just call back, tell them what happened and they'll give me 50% off my next accessory purchase.

Now that's customer service! . Wish my experience at best buy getting my Note 4 was that nice!!

10-21-2014 12:28 PM
    I'm waiting on Otterbox I settled with a simple Body Glove fitted matte case and Body glove tempered screen protector that's was expensive for my but wanted something to protect if from scratches til then

10-21-2014 12:37 PM
    I'm waiting on Otterbox I settled with a simple Body Glove fitted matte case and Body glove tempered screen protector that's was expensive for my but wanted something to protect if from scratches til then

I believe otterbox defender and commuter series are now available

10-21-2014 01:19 PM
    Solely based on past experience. I have purchased many such thinking they were a good deal only to have holsters break or the fit be wobbly. I asked for recommendations based on others experience.
    10-21-2014 01:20 PM
    I would definitely recommend the Otterbox Defender. I have one on my (work) iPhone, and it's a brick. Although I have absolutely no clue what the actual phone looks like anymore, I also have full confidence that I can toss the phone around, drop it, just about anything--and it'll be fine.
    10-21-2014 01:30 PM
    My Spigen Capsule TPU is here before my phone. Good news is that the holster clip from my original Seidio Platinum case set for the Note 3 will hold the Spigen. That'll save a few bucks.

And just wondering if anyone has seen a kickstand for portrait for these things. I haven't but I'd love to.
    10-21-2014 01:35 PM
    Well as it turns out, I guess I managed to screw up my Spigen order. I thought I was ordering the Tough Armor from Amazon and somehow managed to order the Neo Hybrid. I think I crossed myself up wanting to order a Slate case and the pictures were so small that I must have not noticed that I clicked on a Neo Slate and not a Tough Armor Slate.

Might be a blessing in disguise though. Not a knock on the Tough Armor but I was considering this first case to be a hold me over to something like a Ballistic or something a little more rugged and maybe something with port covers. This Neo is probably OK from that perspective as you really only give up some back cover protection to the Tough Armor I think and the N4 seems pretty tough to me when it comes to back surface drop damage potential. Plus the kickstand would never have done anything for me anyway. Plus a one piece case has got to be easier to get off. So maybe as my light duty alternative, this was a better choice at least for me anyway.
    10-21-2014 01:54 PM
    Wow, after reviewing 500+ posts, I've seen a lot of good suggestions -- enough to make a comparison spreadsheet that lists all of the contenders.

Note 4 What case you going for?-gn4-case-comparo.png

I haven't selected a winner, yet. I currently have a Body Glove DropSuit on my S3 as well as my previous LG Optimus S. The manufacturer claims "antimicrobial protection" which is a selling point to me (if it actually does anything). There's a DropSuit for the Note 3, but only a Satin Case available for the Note 4 at this time.

That said, while I do prefer the appearance of the slim cases, a Note 4 is EXPENSIVE to replace and so I am going towards something rugged that can withstand drops. I've never dropped my S3, but the Note 4 is larger and heavier, so I don't want to take that risk. Leaning towards the UAG and Ballistic at this time. For now, I have a basic black $2.99 TPU case from eForcity on eBay.

Update: Body Glove Mobile responded to my inquiry and said that the only cases for the Note 4 currently in development are the Satin (as stated above) and the Intermix.
    stanleybb50 likes this.
    10-21-2014 02:36 PM
    Been reading the posts on cases and still overwhelmed, especially in terms of grip. Getting mine this week from Verizon and so far in-store case selections are thin. I am looking for one that has at least decent protection and not slippery at all. So if it is all or mostly plastic - don't want it. That includes the Otterbox Commuter and the Pelican at AT&T (both sliipery). My GS3 has an Incipio case and that is great between the rubber/silicon and matte plastic backing - great grip. Can anyone recommend one available at Amazon now with prime shipping that meets this criteria. Thoughts/comments appreciated.
    10-21-2014 03:26 PM
    Just got the Samsung protective cover from UPS. It's not dramatically different from the Spigen Capsule TPU. It's maybe a little less grippy than the Spigen, particularly on the back, although the S-Pen is bit more easily accessible on the Samsung. Where the Samsung wins hands down, though, is with the volume and power buttons -- they're flush and stylized (and horrible) on the Spigen, but on the Samsung, they are raised like the ones the phone itself, and work flawlessly.
    10-21-2014 03:31 PM
    Anybody that wants a Ballistic case definitely wants to order from a third party reseller on Amazon. I called Ballistic this morning and was told the Tough Jacket Maxx would be available either later this week or early next week priced at $49.99. First time I looked at it on Amazon it was the same price with a 1-3 month shipping time frame. 2nd time I looked at it on Amazon I noticed a third party reseller selling it for $34.16 incl freight and they had one left in stock so I ordered it. I've got an estimated delivery between the 27th & 30th. Ballistic told me the case hadn't been released yet but their website says it's out of stock not under development or to be released soon. So I'll see what happens next week, hopefully I'll have my new case so I can quit carrying the phone naked. If I don't drop it in the meantime..............
    10-21-2014 03:32 PM
983 ... 1920212223 ...