07-21-2015 03:36 PM
983 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    I wonder how much bigger it makes the phone feel?

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
    10-21-2014 03:52 PM
    Well, this was a happy surprise...the Spigen Tough armor metal slate and screen protector were originally listed as back ordered to ship Oct 31. Then I got shipment notification with "expected delivery" Oct 31-Nov 2

But in the house now.

I must say, I am very pleased with both so far. No, I didn't get every last bubble out yet, but came close. The Tough Armor seems quite excellent. It does add some weight and bulk, more weight than bulk, I think, but not as much as I feared. I may still experiment later with a Slim Armor just to see how the comparison is, but I think it is fine. Looks great, too. Way better than my old Otterbox Commuter in style.

-->I don't understand the comments on difficulty of getting this case on and off. It took me, oh, 1.5 seconds to get it off and less than 2 to put it on.

-->Very pleased that it meets the "extra large headphone jack opening" advertisement promise. It is nice to get rid of that headphone extender I used to have to use. One thing less to worry about it.

---> Other ports align great, fits well.
    -->Did I mention it looks great?
    10-21-2014 04:10 PM
    I'm still looking for someone to give my Neo Hybrid to. PM me if you are interested.

10-21-2014 04:12 PM
    Ups just dropped off my battery charger and Samsung protective case in blue. Really love the Samsung case than the spigen capsule case I was using.

Posted via Android Central App
    How much bulk does this case add?

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-21-2014 04:36 PM
    How much bulk does this case add?

Very little. It's comparable to a thin TPU skin in thickness.
    10-21-2014 04:43 PM
    Well, this was a happy surprise...the Spigen Tough armor metal slate and screen protector were originally listed as back ordered to ship Oct 31. Then I got shipment notification with "expected delivery" Oct 31-Nov 2

But in the house now.

I must say, I am very pleased with both so far. No, I didn't get every last bubble out yet, but came close. The Tough Armor seems quite excellent. It does add some weight and bulk, more weight than bulk, I think, but not as much as I feared. I may still experiment later with a Slim Armor just to see how the comparison is, but I think it is fine. Looks great, too. Way better than my old Otterbox Commuter in style.

-->I don't understand the comments on difficulty of getting this case on and off. It took me, oh, 1.5 seconds to get it off and less than 2 to put it on.

-->Very pleased that it meets the "extra large headphone jack opening" advertisement promise. It is nice to get rid of that headphone extender I used to have to use. One thing less to worry about it.

---> Other ports align great, fits well.
    -->Did I mention it looks great?
    That's reassuring! Mine is set to ship on Nov 5th! I hope I'm in the same boat.
    monsieurms likes this.
    10-21-2014 04:56 PM
    Very little. It's comparable to a thin TPU skin in thickness.
    I saw it in the store, it looked light. But it also didn't look like it offered much in the way of protection. The eternal trade-off...
    10-21-2014 04:56 PM
    I bought the Defender and will take the screen protector off after someone one comes out with a glass screen protector. Found a 10% coupon OTTER10 for any Otterbox purchase still cost me $70 with 2 day shipping.

10-21-2014 05:01 PM
    So the Guy in Brown delivered this today. Wish I had phone to put in it.(thank you NOT Best Buy). Feels good. Has built in screen protector, covers for all the ports, and a holster with a clip that swivels. It does not however have a flip out stand. $17.99 on Amazon. Ordered on Saturday...here today
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 What case you going for?-20141021_144511_resized.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-20141021_144541_resized.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-20141021_144842_resized.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-20141021_144923_resized.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-20141021_145047_resized.jpg  

10-21-2014 05:06 PM
    So the Brown Guy delivered this today. Wish I had phone to put in it.(thank you NOT Best Buy). Feels good. Has built in screen protector, covers for all the ports, and a holster with a clip that swivels. It does not however have a flip out stand. $17.99 on Amazon. Ordered on Saturday...here today
    Brown guy?

10-21-2014 05:06 PM
    I bought the Defender and will take the screen protector off after someone one comes out with a glass screen protector. Found a 10% coupon OTTER10 for any Otterbox purchase still cost me $70 with 2 day shipping.

I did the exact same thing. I also will remove the built in screen protector and replace it with a glass one. Big difference when I first said I will go caseless. But after playing more with the phone I would be mad if I damaged the phone at work. I also have a slim case for when I'm not at work.
    10-21-2014 05:10 PM
    Brown guy?

UPS... that sounds wrong...doesnt it...fixed
    10-21-2014 05:12 PM
    My red S View case arrived today. The material is softer than the Note 3 S View cases. I'm sure the color will grow on me. Also waiting on a trifecta of Ringke cases from Rearth (2 slims, and one fusion). Rearth is SUPER slow at shipping, so be warned.
    10-21-2014 05:13 PM
    You may find that with the belt clip rotated to match one of the sides the phone will stand up in landscape mode. I have a BodyGlove ToughSuit on a S3 that does that.
    10-21-2014 05:13 PM
    I'm still looking for someone to give my Neo Hybrid to. PM me if you are interested.

I thought reesh11 said she wanted it?

Note 2 via Android Central App
    reesh11 likes this.
    10-21-2014 05:21 PM
    UPS... that sounds wrong...doesnt it...fixed
    Haha, gotta love those moments when you try to say something and it comes out wrong.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-21-2014 05:57 PM
    This (the Beetle Pro a couple of posts above) and Samsung's Protective Cover are my current finalists. I'm still partially waiting for an extended battery case from ZeroLemon which is why I haven't purchased a case yet (not a big fan of buying multiple cases). While I like Samsung's design more, the included screen protector on the Beetle Pro is making me lean towards it (no good reviews on tempered glass yet).
    10-21-2014 06:45 PM
    10-21-2014 06:49 PM
    I opted for a Ringke slim clear case.. Not a big fan of bulky cases..
    Note 4 What case you going for?-51h12smzkil._ss450_.jpg

DL1991 likes this.
    10-21-2014 06:51 PM
    Nah, I'm going to hang onto it. There's a chance the Samsung cover may be too bulky to use with the ProClip holder in my car, in which case I'd be forced to use the Spigen at least some of the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    The Samsung protective case is very thin. I have the spigen annd it is thicker than the Samsung protective case. You'll be suprised how well it feels on the note 4. You can easily use the heart rate monitor as well.

10-21-2014 06:57 PM
    The blue looks awesome. Loving it. Still have a 50% off to use. Might but the black one as well. Wanna buy another quick charger as well.

10-21-2014 07:00 PM
    The problem with the Beetle Pro type screen protector is it leaves large areas of the protector stuck to the screen from finger pressure and the only way to resolve the issue is to take the phone out of the case but that's a waste of time because they immediately reappear from usage. I have a BodyGlove ToughSuit on my S3 with the same type of built in screen protector and that has been a problem since day one. This time I ordered a Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx because it has a raised screen protector to try and eliminate the problem but Amazon reviews I've read state there is a lack of screen sensitivity. The screen protector is a separate piece and you can remove the Beetle Pro's if you want to not use a screen protector until or if a tempered glass one that fits becomes available.
    10-21-2014 07:02 PM
    Just got an Otterbox Defender. What a racket they have going on now. Because they offer multiple colors you have to get it in pieces to the tune of $35 for each and $15 for the holster. They make a nice case but damn is it really worth the money now? At least if i dont get a year out of this case Sprint will replace it for free.

monsieurms likes this.
    10-21-2014 07:08 PM
    The Samsung protective case is very thin. I have the spigen annd it is thicker than the Samsung protective case. You'll be suprised how well it feels on the note 4. You can easily use the heart rate monitor as well.

As i mentioned in a subsequent post, I received the Samsung earlier today. It doesn't seem thinner at all to me. They both seem more or less the same. The back of the Samsung isn't as flexible, though (which really doesn't matter). As I also mentioned, the implementation of the side buttons on the Samsung beats the pants off of the Spigen. I'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-21-2014 07:25 PM
    Still need a "wallet" type case to store my phone when it's in my purse.

I think I've narrowed it down to these two:

10-21-2014 08:39 PM
983 ... 2021222324 ...