07-21-2015 03:36 PM
983 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Nope, I hated the grip so much I ripped it off. I'll just let the screen go naked.
    How long did it take to receive the UAG case from the time you ordered it? Thanks.
    10-27-2014 08:26 AM
    I really like the UAG case with the exception of the fake Allen head screws and the huge UAG logo on the back. I hate looking like a walking billboard for anything, including a phone case. If they left it big like that without coating it in silver foil I would be fine with that. As it is it makes it look like you are carrying a UAG phone. Obviously you aren't but for heaven's sake. Can they either make it a little less prominent or a little smaller...one or the other.
    10-27-2014 09:45 AM
    For all those who care, the Maverick is back up and available for the note 4 from UAG. Ordered me one. They only offer free ground shipping, no express options. They have warehouses in CA and PA so I hope I can get mine b4 Saturday from the PA warehouse. Going on vacation on Saturday.
    10-27-2014 03:30 PM
    The only thing that prevents me from getting the UAG case is that it has no port covers. If it was super cheap, I'd buy it, but it's not, so I'd rather wait for a more preferable case to become available.
    Misti Smith likes this.
    10-27-2014 04:04 PM
    S View Cover has no protection from drop or anything on your phone.. I actually found a pink and white otter box for mine at Verizon this past weekend.. I was so happy lol.. I was looking for just a case to protect it until I could find the otterbox.. So I grabbed it REAL QUICK !!
    10-27-2014 04:51 PM
    For all those who care, the Maverick is back up and available for the note 4 from UAG. Ordered me one. They only offer free ground shipping, no express options. They have warehouses in CA and PA so I hope I can get mine b4 Saturday from the PA warehouse. Going on vacation on Saturday.
    I ordered the Maverick today also. I just hope they have them and ship them right away. I believe they ship them by first class mail.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    10-27-2014 05:10 PM
    I ordered the Maverick today also. I just hope they have them and ship them right away. I believe they ship them by first class mail.
    Let's hope so.......Don't know where you are but in in MD. If they shipped from the PA warehouse I would think I would get it by Friday, but we all know how snail mail is..........
    10-27-2014 05:13 PM
    For the folks that have a UAG, I do want to have one one piece case if possible because I am hoping that it would be useful in situations where I think I am going to do battery changes in the field where you are usually stuck with everything in your lap on on your vehicle console and it might be easier to pull off a one piece case. I know this is a relative question. But for folks that have one, has it been relatively easy to pull off or maybe just as hard to get off as anything else you have tried?
    10-27-2014 05:31 PM
    I recently purchased a case from Verus! I can't wait for the case to come in. I ordered the Damda Slide from them. Note 4 What case you going for?-81sbahbpjcl._sl1500_.jpg
    sparker04 likes this.
    10-27-2014 05:35 PM
    dorlisa,

This post is for you kid!

My Thor came in today. Sure enough...misaligned left side mic hole. But, you may know that i have been modifying cases and posting up instructions in the "Poor audio performance with Spigen case" thread. Obviously modifying the case voids the warranty. But if you really want to use the Thor with the VzW N4, the modification went very smoothly and the extra hole in my Thor is as clean and neat as the original mic holes.

Just don't use a drill if you are going to try it. Use a punch, like a leather punch, a marker, a block of soft wood and a hammer and you should have the same result. I just posted the instruction for this case over in that thread today. So feel free to check it out.
    dorlisa and sparker04 like this.
    10-27-2014 05:43 PM
    Ordered the Seidio Surface today and in about a month when it's available I'll order the Convert add on kit & holster.
    10-27-2014 06:31 PM
    This is the one I went with, it is awesome!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 What case you going for?-screenshot_2014-10-27-21-35-25.jpg  
    10-27-2014 08:40 PM
    The only thing that prevents me from getting the UAG case is that it has no port covers. If it was super cheap, I'd buy it, but it's not, so I'd rather wait for a more preferable case to become available.
    Unicorn Beetle Pro Heavy Duty for Note 4

10-27-2014 09:09 PM
    This

Attached Thumbnails Note 4 What case you going for?-screenshot_2014-10-27-22-11-07.jpg  
    10-27-2014 09:12 PM
    Yea I know. That is what is stopping me. I need to have at least one with port covers to take to the beach and such. It is not something I demand for everyday use but there are times when you really do want them covered.
    10-27-2014 09:13 PM
    dorlisa,

My Thor came in today. Sure enough...misaligned left side mic hole. But, you may know that i have been modifying cases and posting up instructions in the "Poor audio performance with Spigen case" thread. Obviously modifying the case voids the warranty. But if you really want to use the Thor with the VzW N4, the modification went very smoothly and the extra hole in my Thor is as clean and neat as the original mic holes.

Just don't use a drill if you are going to try it. Use a punch, like a leather punch, a marker, a block of soft wood and a hammer and you should have the same result. I just posted the instruction for this case over in that thread today. So feel free to check it out.
    Thank you!!! I got mine in too and put it on, sure enough the holes didn't like up but I still using it. I love the case. I was talking on the phone and asked the person on the other end if he could hear me okay and he said yes, he could hear me just fine so I guess it doesnt affect it too much. I am glad I got the Verus, it is much nicer in person =) Thank you for the instructions, I may try that if I do have any problems!!!
    10-27-2014 09:56 PM
    I had actually pre-ordered it, so it was like 7-10 days. I knew before ordering it would be Oct. 27, but it arrived early! It arrived before I got the shipping email.

How long did it take to receive the UAG case from the time you ordered it? Thanks.
    10-27-2014 10:13 PM
    Think will go for the s view cover. Not sure it looks as good white though.
    I went for the s-view cover as well, of course this will be personal preference but I first received the white and promptly exchanged it for the black. The white is really ummm, white!. Like the color just screams for attention. My old phone was actually a white HTC evo so I like white phones, but this case is just too much white, like holding a small white clutch purse, maybe for a girl it's stylish but I didn't like it. Once i got the charcoal black on it I liked it much better, though I'm still getting used to having a phone with a permanent cover, we'll see.
    10-27-2014 10:22 PM
    dorlisa,

What I noticed now modifying a few of these things and inspecting a few more is that the Verus has larger mic holes than many of the others. They are surely larger than the mic holes on any of the Spigens I have seen. So you might get away with just using it. Not that it is how Verus intends it. But I would be willing to bet that the edge of that left hole is closer to the mic hole than many of the others I have seen. That might be helping you. I should have looked myself to see if the left mic hole was actually in the edge of the left mic hole in the Thor before I modified it.

Good luck with it. I think the Thor is one of the must protective slim cases I have seen so far.....very well made....plenty of grip...enough shape to make it fit nicely in the hand...a really good job. So I am happy to find users might be lucking out on the left side mic hole.

Let us know if you see any degradation. Watch for other side effect people are reporting....the mic picking up the echo of your hand moving on the case being transmitted through the case because the mic hole is covered and the person you are talking to hearing that. All phone mics are super sensitive. So it made sense to me when it was first reported here with a Spigen case.
    10-27-2014 11:51 PM
    dorlisa,

I ordered this case as well, and it should be here in a few days... hopefully... Amazon is so slow with shipping, it's been three days and they just sent the message that the shipping label was printed last night.

I also have the Verizon Note 4, so it looks like I'll need to perform some surgery when it arrives (although 80% of my calls are via bluetooth anyway). I don't have a leather punch though, any alternative tool suggestions? I do have a Dremel...
    10-28-2014 02:50 AM
    No, it's hard as crap to get off!

For the folks that have a UAG, I do want to have one one piece case if possible because I am hoping that it would be useful in situations where I think I am going to do battery changes in the field where you are usually stuck with everything in your lap on on your vehicle console and it might be easier to pull off a one piece case. I know this is a relative question. But for folks that have one, has it been relatively easy to pull off or maybe just as hard to get off as anything else you have tried?
    10-28-2014 03:03 AM
    I got the Verus Thor too in the mail and it covers my friend's VZ Note 4 left mic cover. Bummer. Sending it back. I hope i-Blasen gets it right.
    10-28-2014 12:21 PM
    Thanks +1
    10-28-2014 12:28 PM
    I got the Verus Thor too in the mail and it covers my friend's VZ Note 4 left mic cover. Bummer. Sending it back. I hope i-Blasen gets it right.
    Thanks for the heads up. Thought of getting the Venus Thor, but if it covers up the left mic that's a huge negative. Guess I'll have to pass on that

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk
    10-28-2014 12:47 PM
    I think you can dremel the Spigen. Plus the Spigen Neo H has that polycarb rib going all the way around so if you were to butcher up the polymer jacket a little, it ends up hidden under the polycarb ring.

The mic holes in the Verus Thor are much bigger than the Spigen mic holes. The polymer material is thicker as well.

We have had one report of a user with the VzW version getting their Thor and finding that people could hear them OK with no modification. So I guess I would try that first. The Thor actually has two things going for it that I think is contributing to success using it without modification.

When you look at your Thor you are going to see a ridge on the polymer and the ridge sits just on the edge of the mic holes. When you look on the inside the ridge is actually a channel. Now I know Verus designed the channel as an interface to the metal detail on the edge of the N4. But I seriously doubt they mate up perfectly. I am guessing that the channel to some extent is acting like the Supcase funnel and is helping to channel your voice from the mic hole in the Thor polymer jacket to the actual mic hole in the N4. I am thinking that combined with the larger size of the mic holes, people might just be able to get away with using the Thor with no modification.

If that does not work out, I think Tandy probably has a really inexpensive hole punch kit with multiple punch sizes and the punch holder. With that, all you would need is a hammer and a block of wood to do the mod. I would not try a drill on the Thor because of the depth of the polymer and the fact that there is no polycarb rib to cover up the area if the drill happens to make a mess of it.

I wish I had tried my Thor before modifying it. But I do really like this case and as long as you have a punch you can make a hole as neat as the one next to it.
    10-28-2014 02:44 PM
983 ... 2930313233 ...