07-21-2015 03:36 PM
983 ... 56789 ...
tools
    Is there a case....may be like the Spigen Tough Armor, or another Spigen or even other brand that offers good protection ** AND HAS A CLIP-in-Swivel-HOLSTER **......I def want protection but all these cases seem as if they are for carrying in your pocket or purse....I need to clip this puppy to my belt.

Thanks for any suggestions.
    Seidio also makes two models that are available w/ holster but they haven't been released yet.

SEIDIO | Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I'm going to contact Seidio on Monday to find out when they plan on releasing their holster cases as I'm leery of the inexpensive ($8-12) holster cases on amazon. One advantage Seidio has over Otterbox is the availability of a kickstand built into the case which is an important feature for me.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-11-2014 09:24 AM
    Doesn't this leave the top and bottom lip exposed. If it dropped on the top or bottom, there is no protection. I like the case, but I'm not sure about the protection.
    There's a lip around the case and case covers the corners very tight and snug. I like it very useful minimal case with
    10-11-2014 09:40 AM
    Please post your result of calling Seidio....I use their case now on a SGS4 and love it....kickstand....holster....just what I need for SGN4.

Seidio also makes two models that are available w/ holster but they haven't been released yet.

SEIDIO | Samsung Galaxy Note 4

I'm going to contact Seidio on Monday to find out when they plan on releasing their holster cases as I'm leery of the inexpensive ($8-12) holster cases on amazon. One advantage Seidio has over Otterbox is the availability of a kickstand built into the case which is an important feature for me.
    10-11-2014 10:22 AM
    Will do. I'm glad to know you have a Seidio case/holster and are satisfied with it.

This looks like a nice car mount that works with the Convert & Dilex Siedo cases.

http://www.seidioonline.com/hl4-hols...2-mlp1-hl4.htm
    10-11-2014 10:29 AM
    Please post your result of calling Seidio....I use their case now on a SGS4 and love it....kickstand....holster....just what I need for SGN4.
    I contacted them a couple of days ago & they said their Note 4 accessories should be ready in 2-3 weeks.
    10-11-2014 10:51 AM
    I don't want to wait that long for a case so in the meantime I'll order one of the inexpensive amazon ones and use it until the Seidio cases become available.

Choice for ones with holsters is either w/ a kickstand or w/ port covers but not both.
    mchi5 likes this.
    10-11-2014 10:54 AM
    that motorola stand is fantastic; it works on phones and tablets, and in portrait and landscape!
    have had it for a year or more and use it every day
    10-11-2014 11:29 AM
    I don't want to wait that long for a case so in the meantime I'll order one of the inexpensive amazon ones and use it until the Seidio cases become available.
    I feel the same way. I have one of the lower cost Spigen's on the way & will use that until there's more of a selection in the next month or so.
    10-11-2014 11:29 AM
    I feel the same way. I have one of the lower cost Spigen's on the way & will use that until there's more of a selection in the next month or so.
    Same here. I got the spigen tough armor for $13.99 shipped. Spigen makes quality cases and they usually run $25-30 so this is a steal.

I need some protection now, until other cases are released. Little kids at home makes this a necessity

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk
    keyzlife likes this.
    10-11-2014 01:34 PM
    The case I'd order from Amazon isn't going to be available until 10-22 so by that time Seido may have released their cases because that is about 2 weeks from when they said 2-3 weeks. So for that reason I think I'll hold off even though I hate using phones w/o a protective case. That's always the problem with getting a newly released phone at intro, the cases lag behind especially if you want one with a kickstand & holster.
    10-11-2014 01:58 PM
    My s view cover has arrived
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 What case you going for?-1413055308795.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-1413055327435.jpg   Note 4 What case you going for?-1413055340115.jpg  
    reesh11 and mchi5 like this.
    10-11-2014 02:22 PM
    My note 3 had a screen protector and nothing else!

My note 4 will just have a screen protector!
    10-11-2014 04:07 PM
    Went ahead and ordered the spigen as a temporary case......both otterbox and UAG are dragging their feet on release dates. Arghhhh.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    keyzlife and mchi5 like this.
    10-11-2014 05:16 PM
    Went ahead and ordered the spigen as a temporary case......both otterbox and UAG are dragging their feet on release dates. Arghhhh.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
    What I did. I'm waiting more for zerolemon.

But read a new report that even though note 4. Battery is 3220 mah vs note 3's 3200, note 4 is getting considerable better battery life in tests. Almost 9 hours on screen time vs about 6 hrs for note 3

10-11-2014 09:01 PM
    What I did. I'm waiting more for zerolemon.

But read a new report that even though note 4. Battery is 3220 mah vs note 3's 3200, note 4 is getting considerable better battery life in tests. Almost 9 hours on screen time vs about 6 hrs for note 3

There is no way the Note 4 will ever get 9 hours of display time unless the display is set to its lowest setting. If I recall correctly they said the Note 4 is 7% more efficient than the Note 3 which will help the new display stay around the same numbers as the Note 3 battery usage wise. You're not going to get Motorola Droid Maxx type numbers on a Samsung device with Touchwiz. Even then, Motorola couldn't hit those numbers.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    10-11-2014 09:03 PM
    There is no way the Note 4 will ever get 9 hours of display time unless the display is set to its lowest setting. If I recall correctly they said the Note 4 is 7% more efficient than the Note 3 which will help the new display stay around the same numbers as the Note 3 battery usage wise. You're not going to get Motorola Droid Maxx type numbers on a Samsung device with Touchwiz. Even then, Motorola couldn't hit those numbers.

Damn dude seem a little pissed off. But I'm just saying what I read

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Surpr...-phone_id61586

Do a google search and you'll find a ton of battery comparisons showing same thing. And the test variables are equal, so all the smartphones are at the same brightness for the testing...

Eclipse2K likes this.
    10-11-2014 09:48 PM
    Hi
    Damn dude seem a little pissed off. But I'm just saying what I read

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Surpr...-phone_id61586

Do a google search and you'll find a ton of battery comparisons showing same thing. And the test variables are equal, so all the smartphones are at the same brightness for the testing...

I'm not angry at all. I'm just stating why there's no way those tests can be accurate. I always welcome your type if posts because they're informative. All I was doing was adding on to your post.

I certainly hope those tests translate to real world usage. I'd buy a Note 4 in a heart beat. They have the S5 at 7 hours 38 minutes which is no where near what I get. I can manage 5 hours at most on LTE or WiFi with automatic brightness. Not sure what their brightness is but one thing for sure is that it improved over the Note 3 which is good enough.

10-11-2014 10:43 PM
    Hi

I'm not angry at all. I'm just stating why there's no way those tests can be accurate. I always welcome your type if posts because they're informative. All I was doing was adding on to your post.

I certainly hope those tests translate to real world usage. I'd buy a Note 4 in a heart beat. They have the S5 at 7 hours 38 minutes which is no where near what I get. I can manage 5 hours at most on LTE or WiFi with automatic brightness. Not sure what their brightness is but one thing for sure is that it improved over the Note 3 which is good enough.

Ok sorry. Been a long day at work. No hard feelings!

But I think articles I read points to either better processor or better Touchwiz utilization of the battery. I mean, you'd think with the QHD screen it'd suck battery like crazy.

On my Note 3. I can get about 6.5 on screen hours with auto brightness set. And that's with moderate use.
    10-11-2014 11:05 PM
    Ok sorry. Been a long day at work. No hard feelings!

But I think articles I read points to either better processor or better Touchwiz utilization of the battery. I mean, you'd think with the QHD screen it'd suck battery like crazy.

On my Note 3. I can get about 6.5 on screen hours with auto brightness set. And that's with moderate use.
    I think it depends on what I do compared to them. All my usage is calls, texts, streaming music and a lot of web browsing. The latter is the killer.

10-11-2014 11:18 PM
    10-12-2014 07:22 AM
    Decided to try the spigen ultra hybrid case

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    deeb215 and mchi5 like this.
    10-12-2014 07:36 AM
    10-12-2014 10:11 AM
    Ordered this today. Love the one I have for my G3. Crystal clear to show off the phone. Not the case.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Note 4 What case you going for?-14624.jpg  
    10-12-2014 10:15 AM
    Decided to try the spigen ultra hybrid case
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/10/12/bymepa5a.jpg

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Seems like spigen has become one of the premium note 3 and 4 case makers. Really liking their cases!

10-12-2014 12:02 PM
983 ... 56789 ...