Note 4 What case you going for?

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
So I am soon to receive my Verizon N4. I have been an iphone user for years and converted.

I visit a good many of the Apple user groups mainly because I have Mac computers. Been on them a good deal lately because of the iTunes 11.4 mess.

Anyway, folks getting iphone 6 and 6 plus are having a similar problem to one we must be having as well or will have.

We all want the tempered glass screen savers if we are going to invest in one, I think. But the curved edges have got everybody stumped. The manufacturers are claiming their glass cover fits. But when you get it you realize that it has been cut to cover the flat part only (according to posters at the Apple forum). I think that is kinda' useless myself. I would not want a cover that did not go all the way to the edges.

According to posters at the Apple forum, Tech-Armour pulled their original iPhone 6 ballistic glass screen protector from retailer shelves in order to redesign it. I see they are offered one now but I have not been able to determine if they are newly designed curved protectors for the iPhones. I can't see at this point if their offering for the N4 is curved thus going all the way to the edges either.

Has anybody found a glass screen protector for our phablets that goes all the way to the edges? I suspect that if Tech-Armour felt compelled to make a change then others will be likewise compelled, especially the companies with the really costly protectors like Zagg and BodyGuartz

I did read some posts from UK users that had found a cover or two that went all the way to the edge of their curved iPhone screens. So far finding them in the US seems to be tough. Has anybody fit up a new glass cover to their N4 yet? Did it go all the way to the edges of the glass?

If I have my way I am going to go with a glass screen protector separate from the best two part or unibody construction case I can find that is not bulky and heavy....maybe USG. The older I get, the clutzier I get and I am old enough now to be really clutzy. While IMO these N4s' are really well made, I don't want to be without my device because I broke it. So while I totally understand those going without case protection I don't think it would be a great idea for me.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the spigen slim armor and their case capsule TPU; and their plastic screen protector. I'll upgrade to a tempered glass one later.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm still naked with mine... It feels so good in my hand.

At the same time I wouldn't mind protecting it... Haha why can't I have both? :p.

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
picked up 3 spigen slim tr glass protectors along with the slim armor and neo hybrid on the cheap. I've received everything but I still haven't ordered the phone.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The case on my current phone is an Otterbox Armor. Otterbox does not make that case anymore and it was only useful on small smartphones. If they made it for a N4, you would need a driver and a limo just to cart your phone around.

I think I really want a USG or maybe an Insipio DualPro if I can just get this screen cover thing figured out. I suppose the USG's for N4 will be out around when I am getting the phone delivered or at least by the beginning of November.

I can't figure out how to differentiate the various USG cases. The spec stuff all says the same thing for all four cases offered for Note and the prices are the same even though the model numbers are different???

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Think I'm gonna go naked.

What I really want is the perfect Wallet Case but I cant find any good ones. I wish I could design and produce my own. Lol

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Huzzah! Samsung has put out their own case for the Note 4. It's all I've used with my Note 2, so this is the one to get for me. Not available on Amazon yet, but Samsung has it on their site (unfortunately, for the full MSRP). Also available in blue.

Galaxy Note® 4 Protective Cover, GRAY

View attachment 140991

I think Samsung has a promo code for a certain percent off accessories if I find it I'll post back.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Huzzah! Samsung has put out their own case for the Note 4. It's all I've used with my Note 2, so this is the one to get for me. Not available on Amazon yet, but Samsung has it on their site (unfortunately, for the full MSRP). Also available in blue.

View attachment 140991
That's a awesome looking case. I have yet to see that one. I just ordered the Gray before they can sell out. Great find much appreciated.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 140991
I like that one. Samsung does make nice accessories, but they can be expensive as compared to the competition. I wonder if they will give us a 50% off coupon when we register the device? They did that when I registered my galaxy S3.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Attachments

• 22430.jpg
    22430.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 171

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered Galaxy Note 4 Protective Cover and a set of headphones, $15 each using discount code (r1H01X01).

I got the same 50% off the Samsung case using promo code rJ0u786. It requires a registered Samsung account, though, but I already had that.

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Only thing that concerns me on that Samsung case is that the bumper does not appear to rise past the screen on the face. At least judging by the pictures. Meaning you drop that on its front, game over.

Posted via the Android Central App

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
From the product description:
"The Samsung cover has a raised bezel edge that provides a buffer between the screen and surfaces to prevent scratches when the smartphone is placed face down."

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a clear case cause I didn't want to hind the best looking phone under all that plastic kind off want to go naked though any body else going naked on there note4 chime in

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech