Note 4 What case you going for?

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Speck Candyshell gets tons of support from current phablet users....really remarkable how many people like their case. Since you have one on a N3, is it soft or hard? If Soft or even softish....it might be perfect given my concern for my glass screen protector. If hard, depending on the fit, it might have that same interference issue I spoke of with the full screen protector.
Hard... Might be an issue. We will see though. The galaxy s3 had the 2d screen and companies made "case friendly screen protectors. I'm going with a traditional film screen protector and a cheap case until all this stuff gets worked out.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Rats......Yea like I said earlier, I might end up with something soft with good grip that I can get on and off quickly. I was really impressed with the video of the drop tests Samsung put out there. I am figuring the investment in the glass screen will be a long term dividend and I will just have to get a case that will work around that.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks interesting. Have you used it before on a previous phone? Do you know if the non-black cases pick up/show dirt easily?

I have used them before. If you take care of the clear ones there shouldn't be a problem. But like any clear case if you have big specks of dirt or dust it will show on any case.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Rats......Yea like I said earlier, I might end up with something soft with good grip that I can get on and off quickly. I was really impressed with the video of the drop tests Samsung put out there. I am figuring the investment in the glass screen will be a long term dividend and I will just have to get a case that will work around that.
Honestly, aside from the Speck grip case, I live tpu cases. Cheap and durable. I like diztronic and cruzerlite. I ordered the spigen one since it was $10. I also figure spigen will make tempered glass screen protectors that work with their cases. Be on the lookout for those.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I have used them before. If you take care of the clear ones there shouldn't be a problem. But like any clear case if you have big specks of dirt or dust it will show on any case.

Thanks! :D

Now... I'm completely torn! Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Galaxy Note 4 Case - Ringke FUSION Case [Free HD Film/Dust Cap&Drop Protection] [CRYSTAL VIEW]

Galaxy Note 4 Case, i-Blason Unity Series 2 Layer [Ultra Slim] (White)

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Spigen® [Dual Layer] Galaxy Note 4 Case Protective **NEW** [Slim Armor] Champagne Gold

Galaxy Note 4 Case, Spigen® [Kick-Stand] [Tough Armor] Satin Silver

Last edited:

brynnadise

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
We ordered cases for our N4's just so we'd have them protected from the start, but I'm sure we will end up purchasing different ones down the road.

These are the cases we chose:
My case & pouch (I tend to toss my phone in my purse and my keys can mess up the screen protector, so I'm trying a pouch out)
ringke.jpg
pouch.jpg

My husband's case, in the brown 'leather' on the far right:
leather.jpg

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Darn. I might need to carry my phone in a holster for some work settings. Anyone have recommendations for a cheap, lightweight and compact case+clip?

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
My case & pouch (I tend to toss my phone in my purse and my keys can mess up the screen protector, so I'm trying a pouch out)

I have a clutch/wallet for my Note 3. It works for keeping it away from my keys and a bunch of other things in my purse and the strap is good for running errands (so I didn't have to take my entire purse).

It's very similar to this one by Kroo (mine is more of a pale coral color).

I think I'll be looking for something new.

Does the pouch you posted come in different colors/patterns?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk Pro.

brynnadise

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I purchased it from a seller on Etsy and she has a TON of really cute patterns of material and she custom makes them to fit your phone. You can even tell her what type of case you have/will have on the phone and she will fit it to those measurements. She is very helpful. She receives very good reviews and she responded almost immediately to my questions. I can't seem to post links here for some reason, but I'd be happy to PM you her info if you'd like!

I do want to mention that I have not personally received products from her in the past, so I am going off her reviews, appearance of products, and her customer service thusfar.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Never cracked a screen of any gadget before (well my dell laptop that I accidentally stepped on but that doesnt count because I was 11. Lol).

Anyways. People with screen protectors...You dont think they ruin the quality of the screen?

brynnadise

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Not as long as you get the crystal clear screen protectors. The anti-glare and privacy screen protectors do take away from the clarity and brilliance of the screen, in my experience, but not the crystal protectors. I have not yet tried the tempered glass protectors.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The clear tempered glass don't do anything to detract from the screen. Many films do and the anti-glare and privacy screen protectors do.

The curved edge screen phablets are forcing a tough choice on tempered glass fans though. The manufacturers are either making protectors that do not go all the way over the curved edge which to me is a bit disconcerting

or

if you do choose a tempered glass protector that goes all the way around the curved edge, there will be some cases that are designed to fit so snugly to the screen that there won't be any room for the screen protector.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
We ordered cases for our N4's just so we'd have them protected from the start, but I'm sure we will end up purchasing different ones down the road.

These are the cases we chose:
View attachment 141129
View attachment 141130

My husband's case, in the brown 'leather' on the far right:
View attachment 141131

Where did you order the brown leather one from? Cant seem to google it. Thanks!!!

brynnadise

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I ordered it from Amazon, but the brown 'leather' is no longer available. There are a pretty wide selection of colors, though. For some reason, this site won't allow me to place the link here, but it is called the "Tridea Anti-Shock Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case."

brynnadise

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Yes, it is that link, but when I ordered my husband's it said only one more was in stock and it seems to have been true because the brown is no longer showing. I responded, but apparently my post has to be approved by a monitor before it will show (I guess because I am new?).

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, it is that link, but when I ordered my husband's it said only one more was in stock and it seems to have been true because the brown is no longer showing. I responded, but apparently my post has to be approved by a monitor before it will show (I guess because I am new?).
Thanks! !

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Spigan really does not have anything between Tough Armor and Slim Armor unless that is the hole Neo Hybrid is supposed to fill. Maybe their Tough Armor would work for me although that might be more case than I need. Heck a skin might do now that I have figured out what to do for the screen.

I ordered the tough armor--never used one before. How much bigger are they than the slim?