Note 4 What case you going for?

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
The problem with the Beetle Pro type screen protector is it leaves large areas of the protector stuck to the screen from finger pressure and the only way to resolve the issue is to take the phone out of the case but that's a waste of time because they immediately reappear from usage.
Wife has same issue with her S4's Body Glove ToughSuit case. Leaves a rainbow-like shimmer wherever the protector sticks to the actual screen. So I just ordered a genuine Samsung case yesterday and some screen protectors.

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Finally got my Note 4 last night and installed my $3 temporary "Soft TPU Jelly Rubber Gel Back Case from eBay". Gotta say, aside from the visible lines from the molding process, this is one helluva deal. Fits great, looks good, and offer decent protection for us office worker types. While the photos show the black as being matte, it's not. It's glossy.

The grip is great if your palm and fingers have some moisture. Could be a bit slippery if they are bone dry.

I was able to slip my iMagnet's metal plate between the case back and the phone back so it sits secure and angled on my desk.

Mike Spranger

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
two questions:
1: i see a lot of people talking about going naked - i'd like some input from someone who has gone an extended period without a screen protector. how do the screens hold up? i have my phone in the same pocket as keys (i carry extra for work, janitor style) all the time and my protectors get scratched up - i end up changing them out every couple months. i imagine i'm stuck with screen protectors. also, how are they with fingerprints? better or worse?

2: i've seen a couple people speak highly of the samsung case (not the s-view one, the other one). anyone else have it? is it worth the pre-order wait of 3-4 weeks? i bought a spigen tough armor, and it looks fine, but figured i might try a 2nd one to compare. other option was the neo hybrid.

get my phone tomorrow, can't even wait.

mpazevedo

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
two questions:
1: i see a lot of people talking about going naked - i'd like some input from someone who has gone an extended period without a screen protector. how do the screens hold up? i have my phone in the same pocket as keys (i carry extra for work, janitor style) all the time and my protectors get scratched up - i end up changing them out every couple months. i imagine i'm stuck with screen protectors. also, how are they with fingerprints? better or worse?
get my phone tomorrow, can't even wait.

I can give you advice on your first question, get a case. Already got a few folks complaining that they have scratches on the metal frame and glass.

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
We got BodyGuardz glass screen protectors installed at the store. No way I was walking out with over $1600 in phones without screen protection.

Pro's:

Super smooth, feels awesome
Comes with suction cup and lint removal stickies for install.
Dry install
White, black, or pink sticker for home button (I left it off, wife loves the pink)
Harder than steel (cops break the BodyGuardz while on the job, but the phone's screen remains intact)

Con's

Doesn't go to the edges.
Bigger gap on top and bottom, sometimes makes me miss the left and right soft buttons.

I have a generic s view on order. Might not use it though.

I might try that Spigen tpu slim fit style that's been posted here.

Are those Spigen's easy to remove? I'd like to go back and forth between naked and a slim fit cover.

I also might add a Ninja stick on wallet. Not sure yet. Last one was great on the back of the s view cover for my N3, but it was $20. Quite a bit for just some stretchy fabric with glue. Here's a pic of the Ninja:1414013447724.jpg

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I've never owned their Maxx products, so I can't comment on the holster, but my S3 case is two layers. First a thick, but not otterbox thick, rubber skin with excellent corner, side, and back protection. Then a hard, textured, exo-skeleton (thin) that provides and additional layer of protection. I've dropped it on the front, back, sides, and corners in the past...and yes, usually on concrete. Not a scratch or break. Fits in my pocket comfortably.
I have wondered if the company was purchased since my old case. The website seems a little "poorly worded" at places and they changed the marketing names of the cases from SG (shell gel or something like that) to Tough Jacket. As long as the N4 case is the same quality as my S3, it will be a winner for the "medium thick excellent protection" case genre.

*Update* FYI the TJM for the iPhone 6 plus on amazon states holster is included. It is sold by Ballistic. I would assume it would be the same for the N4

I called Ballistic a couple of days ago and the Tough Jacket Maxx definitely comes with the holster. Other difference from the Tough Jacket model is the headphone & mini USB port plugs. I have one on order.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Wow, after reviewing 500+ posts, I've seen a lot of good suggestions -- enough to make a comparison spreadsheet that lists all of the contenders.

View attachment 142459

I haven't selected a winner, yet. I currently have a Body Glove DropSuit on my S3 as well as my previous LG Optimus S. The manufacturer claims "antimicrobial protection" which is a selling point to me (if it actually does anything). There's a DropSuit for the Note 3, but only a Satin Case available for the Note 4 at this time.

That said, while I do prefer the appearance of the slim cases, a Note 4 is EXPENSIVE to replace and so I am going towards something rugged that can withstand drops. I've never dropped my S3, but the Note 4 is larger and heavier, so I don't want to take that risk. Leaning towards the UAG and Ballistic at this time. For now, I have a basic black $2.99 TPU case from eForcity on eBay.

Update: Body Glove Mobile responded to my inquiry and said that the only cases for the Note 4 currently in development are the Satin (as stated above) and the Intermix.

I've been using the Body Glove Satin case since release day (last Friday) and I think that it is absolutely awesome. It adds minimal thickness and weight; good shock absorption/protection due to the TPU; has perfect cutouts for the volume and power buttons (they never get accidentally pressed w cutouts) and has a satin finish feel which also prevents fingerprints/dirt/grime/etc from collecting on the back and sides.

If you are looking for minimalist size and good protection, this is your case.

I have the grey one, btw w my black note 4. Looks awesome.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
image13.jpgimage1.jpgimage3.jpgimage2.jpg

Case came today, caseology...

It's pretty good but it's literally a brick in your hand. Might return it but the back looks cool.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have it on my Note 4 right now and it has zero grip on the back, completely slippery. I searched to replace it the moment I put it on. I already ordered a ballistic tough jacket because it appears to have serious grip on the back. I need grip for this huge *** phone + small hands.
To each their own. I have the tough armor and love it.

Wish there was a store with all these cases present so we can actually hold it in person. Would make our decision so much easier

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

Emerslam

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Here are some more pictures of the Verus Thor case. As I said in my previous post, this case rocks. I originally bought the Spigen Tough Armor case and ended up returning it because it was just too bulky and the back of the case scratches so easily. I've been using this case for almost a week now and I have no qualms recommending it. It has a very low profile so it fits easily in your pockets. The hour glass shape of the case fits perfectly in your hand, the buttons have just the right amount of responsiveness and the black rubber sides of the case give it just the right amount of grip so it won't slip out of your hand. To me, it just blows the Spigen Tough Armour case away.

DSC01668.jpg
DSC01664.jpg
DSC01663.jpg
DSC01662.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
To each their own. I have the tough armor and love it.

No kidding! Even the few you do find at a store are boxed up like a vault.

Wish there was a store with all these cases present so we can actually hold it in person. Would make our decision so much easier

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Here are some more pictures of the Verus Thor case. As I said in my previous post, this case rocks. I originally bought the Spigen Tough Armor case and ended up returning it because it was just too bulky and the back of the case scratches so easily. I've been using this case for almost a week now and I have no qualms recommending it. It has a very low profile so it fits easily in your pockets. The hour glass shape of the case fits perfectly in your hand, the buttons have just the right amount of responsiveness and the black rubber sides of the case give it just the right amount of grip so it won't slip out of your hand. To me, it just blows the Spigen Tough Armour case away.

View attachment 142773
View attachment 142769
View attachment 142770
View attachment 142772
I'm loving my tough armour case, but I have to admit that's one nice looking case. Love that blue color too

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Just going to stick to my Defender suppose to be here tomorrow along with my Note 4. I hate the built in screen protector and usually remove it and install a separate protector but will keep on till I find a decent one.

Posted via Android Central App

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Curious. How many cases have people bought for their note 4 already? More than 2-3?

Trying my best not to go case crazy like I did with the note 3. But so many nice cases out there.

yellowcanary73

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

View attachment 142773
View attachment 142769
View attachment 142770
View attachment 142772

How slick is the back of the hard plastic does it have any grip. I have only one hand so I need all the grip I can get.

Posted via Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I have got to admit that Thor is a nice looking case. Just ordered one in charcoal black. It might turn out to be my regular go to case for this device. I think I am going to call a halt to the case buying for a bit...at least I hope so. It has been too easy to buy them at the discounted prices especially using charge card reward points. But I have three now, one ordered by mistake. Still three between the Tough Armor on the way, this Thor now on the way and the Neo H I ordered by mistake.

Emerslam

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I just ordered the hot pink one tonight... I think its my fave one that I have seen so far. Do you like yours? I didn't want a bulky phone, I like them slim but with protection.

I think you are going to love the case. The pink one looks great. Just the right amount of metallic pink to make it look classy. It is as slim of a case as you will find for the phone and still have adequate protection. The rubber bumpers on all four corners are thick enough to handle a fall without making the case too bulky. The funny thing is that I cancelled buying this case on Amazon to buy the Spigen Tough Armor case and lucky for me they messed up and sent it to me anyway. The best mess up to happen to me in a long time. Post some pictures when you get your case.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance