Note 4 What case you going for?

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I know. Most frustrating thing is I really like the case. It's really growing on me.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

I had a case from a British mfg some time ago for my S4 with a similar problem. It's one thing for headphone jacks---by a $1.00 extender on ebay--but if the charging cord hadn't fit, that would be a clear deal breaker. It's not acceptable. It's a design defect. I even returned the British case (there were other issue, too...) but having to take the case off to charge??? That's just not acceptable.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I had a case from a British mfg some time ago for my S4 with a similar problem. It's one thing for headphone jacks---by a $1.00 extender on ebay--but if the charging cord hadn't fit, that would be a clear deal breaker. It's not acceptable. It's a design defect. I even returned the British case (there were other issue, too...) but having to take the case off to charge??? That's just not acceptable.

I know. Trust me I'm not thrilled. 😯

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
So it appears that the bottom left microphone hole on the VZN N4 is slightly further to the outside than the other models. No one can hear me on My Neo Hybrid case. Anyone have a case they like for the VZN edition? Screenshot (5).jpg

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
So it appears that the bottom left microphone hole on the VZN N4 is slightly further to the outside than the other models. No one can hear me on My Neo Hybrid case. Anyone have a case they like for the VZN edition? View attachment 142946

The Samsung Protective case has a slot where the mic is to accommodate the differences in mic placement. You may want to have a look at it. I have one on mine (AT&T) and like this case very much. Was using a Neo Hybrid prior to getting this case.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Boy that is not good news on the VzW version as I would find it hard to believe that Spigen would design one case on way and another case another way. All fo the Spigen cases might have this issue then. Who knows how many of the case manufacturers are designing for that variant besides Sammy itself.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ok, the Spigen Tough Armor is a nice case, however, the kickstand is why I'll be looking for another case. Flimsy is too solid a word to describe the kickstand, it can stand on a flat surface just fine but to touch the machine in this position is a precarious act. So the hunt is on, it would be great to find a TA like case, with an equally solid kickstand.

Posted via the Android Central App

David Lees1

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
two questions:
1: i see a lot of people talking about going naked - i'd like some input from someone who has gone an extended period without a screen protector. how do the screens hold up? i have my phone in the same pocket as keys (i carry extra for work, janitor style) all the time and my protectors get scratched up - i end up changing them out every couple months. i imagine i'm stuck with screen protectors. also, how are they with fingerprints? better or worse?

2: i've seen a couple people speak highly of the samsung case (not the s-view one, the other one). anyone else have it? is it worth the pre-order wait of 3-4 weeks? i bought a spigen tough armor, and it looks fine, but figured i might try a 2nd one to compare. other option was the neo hybrid.

get my phone tomorrow, can't even wait.

Why would you keep your phone in the same pockets as a bunch of sharp metalic objects. Not trying to be a wise ***, genuinely curious.

bigredinmass

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
After reading many reviews here and on Amazon, all the Spigens just sound plain cheap and unreliable and slippery. Still waiting on my VZ Note 4 that I pre-ordered from Best Buy, but I stopped by the VZ store on the way into work and bought a silicone cover case from them to get me through. They only had purple but oh well - it's temporary and has a decent grip. I also ordered the Verus case in silver and the iBlasen Prime Series with kickstand in blue.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well this mic placement thing for the VzW version appears to be a royal pain. How can we know if any of the aftermarket cases are as yet designed so they can accommodate the VzW version? Our faithful forum member states that the Spigen Neo H does not work with the VzW version. I think it would be safe to assume that none of the Spigens will at this point and I doubt we could trust anything other than the one Samsung case that our other faithful member has mentioned.

I have not yet been able to detect the infamous gap on my new N4 although I might not be looking hard enough. Apparently I am missing what Sammy calls a "feature" at least as far as the gap is concerned. Been an interesting day so far and the day is young!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
After reading many reviews here and on Amazon, all the Spigens just sound plain cheap and unreliable and slippery. Still waiting on my VZ Note 4 that I pre-ordered from Best Buy, but I stopped by the VZ store on the way into work and bought a silicone cover case from them to get me through. They only had purple but oh well - it's temporary and has a decent grip. I also ordered the Verus case in silver and the iBlasen Prime Series with kickstand in blue.
I wouldn't say that. I like the Spigen cases. They are usually my go to cases.

Written by the mighty S-pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

vitoa

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I also ordered the Spigen Ultra Hybrid. It is taking a few extra days from Amazon, but should be here today.
I did not want a vey large case like the Otterbox Defender as the phone is large enough already.
If the charge cable does not fit, I may modify it with a Dremel tool.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well this mic placement thing for the VzW version appears to be a royal pain. How can we know if any of the aftermarket cases are as yet designed so they can accommodate the VzW version? Our faithful forum member states that the Spigen Neo H does not work with the VzW version. I think it would be safe to assume that none of the Spigens will at this point and I doubt we could trust anything other than the one Samsung case that our other faithful member has mentioned.

I have not yet been able to detect the infamous gap on my new N4 although I might not be looking hard enough. Apparently I am missing what Sammy calls a "feature" at least as far as the gap is concerned. Been an interesting day so far and the day is young!

I wouldn't say that either. The Spigen Tough Armor case is actually really nice, and adds a level of professionalism in its appearance. And I have no complaints with the protection, although using the heart rate monitor with the case has been hit or miss with me, regarding getting a reading.
My only complaint is the kickstand, which I don't think is much of a concern for most people - at least based off the few posts I've read.
If you're not concerned about a pathetic kickstand, I would recommend the Tough Armor to any Note 4 user. And the speaker grill is not obstructed.

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I am a VzW customer. Hence I have the VzW version of the N4 just arrived today. If people cannot hear me because of the mic placement on the VzW phone vs the holes for the mic in the Spigen case it hardly matters how well the case is made now doesn't it. The above member is correct as I also have a Neo H here in my hand and the mic placement and hole in the Neo H case do not match!

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't say that. They're not cheap feeling or in build quality.

But I do agree with someone above, the tough armor kickstand isn't the greatest but it's fine with me bec I prefer a case without it. I rarely use the kickstand

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got my crystal clear case. Snug fit, slim and show my black sexy note 4 :)
I'll be returning the s-view. It's nice but doesn't provide protection from drop.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414093627941.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414093627941.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 61
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414093639485.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414093639485.jpg
    592.5 KB · Views: 60
  • uploadfromtaptalk1414093650270.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414093650270.jpg
    627.3 KB · Views: 62

dehvokahn

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Loved the Poetic cases for the iPad mini and Nexus, figured I'd give them a shot for the GN4. Their main website still says pre-order, but Amazon somehow had them in stock last week, so I nabbed one.

Went with the Poetic Flipbook in gray/blue and absolutely love it. It has the ability to bend the case around a bit like a kickstand, but the weight of the phone keeps that aspect from working very well. That's OK with me though, I rarely felt the need for a kickstand feature on past phones. Plastic case that holds the phone in protects the corners and leaves the buttons easily accessed, and the fold in the middle is flexible enough that volume is usable with the case closed.

Front.jpgInside.jpg