Note 4 What case you going for?

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow. Crazy so many of these cases the mic holes don't line up!

I can report my spigen tough armor case mic holes lines up perfectly. I'm with AT&T if that makes any difference

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The relevant question is, are you a VzW customer. The mic holes are the same for all the other US based carriers. It is only the VzW version that has the issue because only the VzW version has different mic hole locations. An oblong hole on one side on the bottom would appear to make any case universal in this regard. Without it, it is the VzW phone that suffers. Hopefully somebody will chime in with regard to the Verus case. As it is at least one of my cases will have to be modified. Another will have to be modified or go back and depending on the answer for the Verus, that one might have to go back as well.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered this one for my White N4...just in time too -- it's gone up about $5 since I ordered it.
[url]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81qw6h1esML._SL1500_.jpg[/url]

I would like to get another case with some color -- those teal/mint cases are calling to me but I'm kinda hesitant about the light color being discolored easily. Hrm. :-\

Well, this one is going back.

The bottom left mic cutout is off so it's covered up. :mad:

Time to look for a new case!! *sigh*

chuckawd

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any information on any Seidio covers? I love my Seidio Surface with kickstand for my Note 2 and I currently have the Tough Armor on my Note 4 but it's too slippery for my liking I believe.

I love the way it looks and feels and protects the phone but, since the whole back is plastic, it makes gripping the phone somewhat slippery as opposed to the slight grippy feel of my Seidio.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any information on any Seidio covers? I love my Seidio Surface with kickstand for my Note 2 and I currently have the Tough Armor on my Note 4 but it's too slippery for my liking I believe.

I love the way it looks and feels and protects the phone but, since the whole back is plastic, it makes gripping the phone somewhat slippery as opposed to the slight grippy feel of my Seidio.

Seidio has released their Surface for the Note 4 w/ or w/o belt holster.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
As I posted earlier, the way the Samsung covers are designed, the left side hole is oblong, not round. So it spans the VzW variant and the standard variant.

I posted some modification help in the thread about the Spigen Neo H. Modified one just now....about a half hour of work.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
As I posted earlier, the way the Samsung covers are designed, the left side hole is oblong, not round. So it spans the VzW variant and the standard variant.

I posted some modification help in the thread about the Spigen Neo H. Modified one just now....about a half hour of work.

Ah, okay. I'd like to know the technical reason the Note 4 is different. Any news on that?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Well this is just a guess on my part but the biggest difference in the internals of the variants has got to be the radio tray and the antennas. The Verizon radio trey and/or antennas must have required that they move one of the mics and create this tunnel thing they talk about to get access for the mic to the outside. That might be one of the problems as well. Not only is the hole being covered by the cover but there is a funnel or tunnel leading up to the left mic as it is positioned in the housing. The combination of the tunnel and a covered hole is probably just too much and your voice is just too muted. Not going to change the tunnel thing. So you have to at least get a clean shot at the hole.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ordering now!

If they'd release the Convert Combo I'd order one right now.

I ordered a Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx through a new Amazon 3rd party reseller 3 days ago and 1st they backordered it yesterday with an ETA TBD and then they cancelled the order today. It showed they had one left in stock when I ordered. Today I ordered the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro again through Amazon and I get an ETA from 11-3 to 11-19. The webpage said shipping in 3-4 days. So maybe in the meantime Seidio will release the Convert Combo or Zerolemon will release theirs. I hate not having a protective case and just hope I don't damage my phone before I'm able to buy one. If it wasn't for the BB $200 trade in I would have waited to order the phone until after I had the case.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That Supcase is a very nice looking case...well made..port covers with something like hinges. Looks like they won't break easily. Only caution...same one we VzW carrier variant customers are going to have to be watchful for.....that left side mic hole just looks like the standard round hole...gotta' be a problem for the VzW variant.

Matthew Brill

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just got the Ballistic Tough Jacket. Replaced my Spiegen Tough Armor. Much more grip on the back, still pretty slick plastic, but there's a big difference between the two. I actually feel comfortable holding my phone now. Also, the power and volume buttons press very easily, whereas the tough armor buttons required quite a bit of pressure. Some pics:
1023142142.jpg1023142142a.jpg1023142142b.jpg1023142143b.jpg

Attachments

• 1023142143.jpg
    1023142143.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 53

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Nice. How is the feel of the back?
sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

The back feels fine BUT, there is a BIG FLAW in this case!

As you can see in this picture, the case covers the microphone! YOu cannot make phone calls with the case on, because the other party won't hear you.

CaseologyN4-1.jpg

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
My ringke fusion case works awesome and looks great. The screen protector it came with does good for me. I have 1 little bubble but it's fine. May get another case but I like that it shows the white with a black trim.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney