Note 4 What case you going for?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered one of those too but when I found out how long the shipping ETA (up to 11-19) was I cancelled it. That reseller should be disclosing the ridiculously long shipping time instead of the "ships in 3-4 days". You don't find out about the actual delivery time frame until after you've ordered.

I ordered the Ballistic Tough Maxx on eBay which is supposed to be delivered between 10-28 & 10-31.

Ballistic Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SG Tough Jacket Rugged Case | eBay

What I like better about the Ballistic albeit at about twice the price is the corners of the case have extra padding and the screen protector is a separate piece so you don't have to cut it out to use a tempered glass protector.

I too wanted a kickstand and the only case/holster combo I've found that has the kickstand & the port covers is the Seidio Convert Combo which per Seidio yesterday is still 3-4 weeks from being released.

rogeratm

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I have the S-View case and I like it very much. It's thin and still allows easy access in my pocket.
I have a question: Are the three contacts inside the back for wireless charging?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141025_134205.jpg
    20141025_134205.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 72

Tottigoal

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I picked up the Otterbox Commuter and was surprised to find it didn't come with a self adhesive screen protector. I thought all the commuter series included them. The Best Buy web site says it's included. I have seen two versions of the otterbox web site, the older version says it's included, the new website doesn't mention it.

Anyone pick up a Commuter and have a screen protector in the box?

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I picked up the Otterbox Commuter and was surprised to find it didn't come with a self adhesive screen protector. I thought all the commuter series included them. The Best Buy web site says it's included. I have seen two versions of the otterbox web site, the older version says it's included, the new website doesn't mention it.

Anyone pick up a Commuter and have a screen protector in the box?

Show us a picture of the bottom ports on the commuter case.

bigredinmass

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I think only the Defender comes with a screen protector. Commuter and Defender both have port covers. A friend of mine has a commuter for his S4 - I found it pretty slippery overall since it is mostly platic on the outside. Would you say the Note 4 commuter is similar?

Tottigoal

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I think only the Defender comes with a screen protector. Commuter and Defender both have port covers. A friend of mine has a commuter for his S4 - I found it pretty slippery overall since it is mostly platic on the outside. Would you say the Note 4 commuter is similar?

The Defender is completely enclosed I believe with a screen cover built into the front piece. I just bought a commuter for my wife's iPhone 6 and it included the self adhesive screen protector.

I don't find it slippery, the back is kinda textured, it's not smooth. The sides where you hold it, have grooves. It feels pretty good in the hand, I'm not worried about it slipping out.
sam4-galaxy-note-4-byo-1049-1226-2.jpg

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have the S-View case and I like it very much. It's thin and still allows easy access in my pocket.
I have a question: Are the three contacts inside the back for wireless charging?
No. The wireless case or battery cover has additional contacts at the upper left. The contacts you see are for the S-View features.

Last edited:

skittlepop

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the Ballistic Tough Jacket for the last day. It has the long left mic slot on the bottom left to accommodate any N4 model. It is an excellent case with a great fit, feel, and obvious superior protection. That being said, I'm pretty sure this will not be my final case. As I said before, I think the Tech21 Impact Mesh Smoky is thinner and sexier while still giving a good, though probably not near as good as the Ballistic, amount of protection. In the end, the Ballistic is a little too bulky for me to enjoy on a daily basis, but a five star case that will be just the ticket for a great many people.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
The Otterbox Symmetry cases are still not out. Driving me UP THE WALL.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Do you still have the Zagg glass on your Note 4? Are the halo edges getting better or worst?

Yup. Still have it. No problems with the edges at all. Sure they don't go to the end but they don't go to the end on my iPhone 6 either.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I got the spigen black wallet case, cost 13.99 on amazon, if you want pics let me know... It's a wallet case, so I expect that many won't.

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Do you still have the Zagg glass on your Note 4? Are the halo edges getting better or worst?
I have it still. I do get the halo effect on my Zagg glass shield, but it only lasts a few seconds and only when the screen is woken up from sleep. And it rarely occurs. So not a big deal for me

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk