Note 4 What case you going for?

mjweaver

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I originally ordered the Ringke Fusion clear case, however it will not be delivered till Monday of next week and my Note 4 arrives this Friday, so in desperate need of a case, I canceled that order and purchased the i-Blason clear case which will arrive tomorrow (I hope it turns out great!). It's been a challenge searching for the right case, it seems from what I've read in many reviews, cases are scratching up the phone and that is something I don't want, especially for a brand new phone I've been wanting for a while. Once Otterbox releases more of their Note 4 cases, I will most likely purchase one of them.

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I received the Blaison clear case today, and like it a lot more than I thought I would.

This is what it looks like on my white N4 with Spigen tempered glass: (BTW, it has the microphone cutout for both Verizon and other carriers)

Note4_Blaise.jpg

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the Otterbox Commuter and was surprised to find it didn't come with a self adhesive screen protector. I thought all the commuter series included them. The Best Buy web site says it's included. I have seen two versions of the otterbox web site, the older version says it's included, the new website doesn't mention it.

Anyone pick up a Commuter and have a screen protector in the box?
Someone might have tried it and used the protector than returned it?... Did you get it at Best Buy?

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

Droidprincess

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I received the Blaison clear case today, and like it a lot more than I thought I would.

This is what it looks like on my white N4 with Spigen tempered glass: (BTW, it has the microphone cutout for both Verizon and other carriers)

View attachment 144411

Does the spigen tempered glass have the "halo" around tbe edges? I got the Zagg glass protector from Verizon last night and it has a horrible halo around the edges....it's insanely annoying....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

mjweaver

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 144411

Actually, that looks really nice. Is it nice and snug around the phone? Does it bow out a bit around the bottom? Just a few questions :)

swimmer160

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a Nillkin Super Frosted case that will be coming in tomorrow. I had one on my lumia 1520 and absolutely love it. I'll post a photo tomorrow once I get it put on.

Posted via the Android Central App

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I am really intrigued by the Tech21. Is that whole mesh thing about protection or about some protection with looks? Just mystified by it cause I just don't understand why they did it that way. There is nothing else like it and the people who like them seem to really like them.

Anyway...any help?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have one bad thing to say about the Tech21. The back of the case gets greasier than all heck. I thought my screen collected all the oils from my hands, but I stand corrected.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I've been using the spigen tough armor and like it but after long use, the firmness and cut angles on the sides kinda bother me.

Can anyone else recommend a softer case that's softer on the hands? Something like the seidio?

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk

Phantasmal Images

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been using the spigen tough armor and like it but after long use, the firmness and cut angles on the sides kinda bother me.

Can anyone else recommend a softer case that's softer on the hands? Something like the seidio?

Sent from my new Note 4 via Tapatalk
Verus Thor? Similar look and protection, but more rounded. Hopefully mine will be arriving soon... Ordered it last Friday, they didn't print the shipping label until Monday, didn't ship it until Tuesday, and the last tracking update said that it left CA on Tuesday night... So it's somewhere between CA and MA...I love Amazon's prices, but I hate how slow their shipping is.

71AP0KZZDzL._SX425_.jpg
verus-thor-samsung-galaxy-s5-case-black-p45245-d.jpg

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
After spending an absurd amount of research over several days, I pulled the trigger on the Verus Thor yesterday (in Charcoal Black). Should have it in a few days.

It hits all the points for me:
  • TPU drop protection
  • Covered buttons
  • Uncovered ports
  • Hourglass shape for easy grip
  • Not bulky
  • Overwhelmingly good reviews
  • Under $25

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I originally ordered the Ringke Fusion clear case, however it will not be delivered till Monday of next week and my Note 4 arrives this Friday, so in desperate need of a case, I canceled that order and purchased the i-Blason clear case which will arrive tomorrow (I hope it turns out great!). It's been a challenge searching for the right case, it seems from what I've read in many reviews, cases are scratching up the phone and that is something I don't want, especially for a brand new phone I've been wanting for a while. Once Otterbox releases more of their Note 4 cases, I will most likely purchase one of them.

Let me know if the clear TPU yellows over time. I'm always hesitant with anything clear and flexible (see original clear Swatch, rear windows on convertibles, etc.)

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Fully understanding Tiger and possibly in the absurd camp myself. Have a Neo H that I have modified for VzW. Have a Ballistic Tough Jacket that just came in today. Have a Verus Thor also modified. Have a Tough Armor on the way back...junk IMO.

I intended using the Neo H initially as a modification test bed and maybe consider it my thinnest, leanest case. It will not likely see much duty. Between the Thor and the Ballistic, you can certainly see that that Ballistic offers better protection especially at the corners where there is both more material and more of an air pocket for added drop protection. I also like the fact that for such a protective two part case, it is not at all hard to get off relatively speaking and the button press responsiveness is outstanding. Best I have seen and felt so far. No port covers and no need to modify the mic holes. Ballistic did not err with the VzW left mic hole. All port holes seem well placed on the TJ.

The Verus Thor is a wonder. It is sleeker than the TJ, but looks like it has enough TPU to provide good protection...not to the level of the TJ. You can feel that the corners of the N4 are right out to the inside of the corners of the Thor. So it is the thickness of the TPU that is protecting your N4 IMO. No air pocket at the corners that I can discern. That said the Thor has the now very popular air channels along the inside of the back of the TPU jacket. The Thor is also a two piece. One drawback to it being so sized and shaped to the N4 is that it is a bear to get off. I am not sure I want to be fumbling with this thing to get a new battery into an N4. Button responsiveness is very good. Better by far than both of the junk Spigens (sorry Spigen fans) but not as good as the TJ's which I would rate as outstanding. The Thor also includes a ramp for your finger position on the Heath Sensor. Definitely a nice touch that has a function and adds to the aesthetics of the case...one of those things we usually like on a sports car, like brake ducts....again has a function and looks neat. Where the Thor has an advantage that would appear to lead to added protection even for a slimmer case is that the outer polycarb shell continues its textured pattern all the way to its edge....hence it wraps around the edge of the N4 as well and gives you good tactile feel where you grip your N4. Your or at least my points of hand/finger contact for the Thor are the textured edge of the polycarb shell and the edge soft TPU that extends from the shell. The combination provides the ability to maneuver the N4 in your hand while also maintaining an excellent grip. So many of these cases including the Bal TJ do not continue their texture around the edge reserving it for the back. Look at how you hold your N4. Is that texture around the back doing you much good one handed without it coming around the edge of the phablet? I would say no and one handed is when you are most vulnerable to a drop IMO. Many of my phone drops are straight out of my hand. Out of my lap from the car is second with out of my pocket a third place finisher.

I simply do not get the same one handed sure feeling that I have got the N4 under control in the Bal TJ cover. The edges are smooth and I just don't feel that confident with it. Honestly...I feel like I could successfully juggle the N4 in a Thor.

Both covers appear to accommodate a tempered glass screen protector but for different reasons. The TPU of the Bal TJ wraps around the corners of the screen in front but the material is soft enough and there is enough air in there for easy accommodation to the glass protector. The Thor edges do not wrap the front although there is a lip. So when putting the N4 face down, neither the screen nor the protector you put over it touches the surface. Clearly when using Bal TJ the screen is held above the surface by the wrapping corner bumpers. Both feature a lip in the window for the camera. So you are not laying the phone down on the camera lens in either case when flat on its backside.

I guess my current preference is for the Thor mainly because of the texture wrapping around the edge and because it does very much assimilate the aesthetics of the N4 itself into its design. The N4 is still dead sexy in the Thor. I would not define the Bal TJ as any kind of sexy. Other than Thor having been one of the companies that fouled up the VzW left mic hole thing, both companies appear to have done a good job with port locations.

I would consider the TJ to be a max protection solution. If I worked construction for example or had my phone around rock a good deal (rock being harder than concrete or asphalt I would carry the N4 in the TJ and keep it in the TJ. Plus there is that factor of having to fumble a bit to get the Thor off the N4. But come to think of it, getting the back cover off the N4 is not as easy as I thought it would be. Maybe when I gain some experience with it it will prove easier.

Remember you VzW folks, on the one hand people who have not modified their Thor cases say they are not having the same difficulties the folks with a Spigen case have reported. Maybe when more people have the Thor there may be more reports of issues with an unmodified Thor. I did modify mine.

I have to admit I am considering a Supcase for its port covers. It even looks like the cover for the S pen is hinged somehow. That would give me one case with port covers for nasty places for a phone....like the beach.

Alexander Burnside

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Seeing as how I'm forever alone and haven't made a single call with my phone so far, I've decided to use my Spigen tough armor even though it isn't compatible with my VzW note 4. Can't effect my call quality if no one wants to talk to me!

It isn't as bulky as expected, and I think the complaints about the kickstand being flimsy are premature. What it is, is tough to engage. Unless you have long or unusually tough nails, it's a painful experience getting out that kickstand. Otherwise, I am certainly okay with it. On the down side, the back of the case really seems to show grease badly. Also worth noting, I can't say I'd be willing to drop my phone to test it's protectiveness. It does not feel as tough as it's name implies.

What it does do is keep my phone from laying flat on it's screen or camera, which is why I'm really using it. A for effort, I guess. I'm eagerly awaiting my Supcase, which I hope to be more enthusiastic about, since it'll be the one I stick with until a compatible Trident is available.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 144411

Can you post a pic of the microphone cutouts?

The pictures on their site look like this case will not work with the Verizon version.

Is this case more of a rubber or hard plastic?

Did you order from Amazon or i Blason direct?

Last edited: