Note 4 What case you going for?

swimmer160

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I know Spigen says their TA kickstand is much more robust with the phone in the case that is how it should be judged. But I could not stand that kickstand while it was here. I could not get over the feeling that eventually even with the phone in the case, that darned thing was still going to end up flopping all over the place.

Alll the cases just posted up are really nice. That Frosted looks terrific especially for somebody that wanted the white N4. It has a nice texture too. All of the white surfaces tend to be a little slick. So some texture in a case over the white N4 is a good idea I think.

They also sell them in black, brown, gold, and red. Almost got the black for the contrast, but decided on white to get the seamless look.

Posted via the Android Central App

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my Verus Iron Shield today. For someone looking for a minimalist case with some drop protection, it's pretty nice. Definitely looks and feels nice. The metal band has a nice finish and feels good in the hand. I don't think it's thick enough for me to use as a daily driver, but for times when I want a slimmer case for a night out or something it's a nice option. The buttons take a little more of a push than my Spigen TA but not bad enough for me to not buy the case. I've never had a Neo Hybrid, but this case looks similar with an aluminum band instead of polycarbonate. It fits on the phone perfectly and all of the cutouts are aligned perfectly. Not bad for the price. I still prefer a rounded side like the slim armor and the otterbox commuter offer. Will probably start with the slim armor and then get a otter when the prices come down a little.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Come on TheDonJ77 what to see that white note in the Maverick case. :p
Here it is......

7c4239c8989cd73223294dea26c7d83f.jpg

38083035f751af3857bd1c0760fa1877.jpg

8237dae4225274c24c920dedb8f8b70d.jpg

e1266b0958adaae37a96821f523268fe.jpg

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I just received a Spigen Neo-Hybrid and my note 4 feels HUGE now! Is the slim armor thinner than the Neo-Hybrid? I love the design but its just too bulky. Anyone have any good suggestions for a case that doesn't add so much bulk?

Posted via Android Central App

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I just received a Spigen Neo-Hybrid and my note 4 feels HUGE now! Is the slim armor thinner than the Neo-Hybrid? I love the design but its just too bulky. Anyone have any good suggestions for a case that doesn't add so much bulk?

So far I like the Slim armor. I don't think it adds too much bulk, but I can't compare it to the hybrid. Some people find it slick, I think it has good grip, so I guess it's not a lock or homerun for everyone....

skittlepop

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had the Ballistic TJ for over a week now, and the Tech21 Impact Mesh Smokey for a day. The Ballistic is an excellent protection case. It won't win any sexy case contests, but it has a clean, functional, mil-spec look that works. The fit and function are a 10/10 IMHO. It will be a keeper but not a daily driver. Although I love it, had one for two years on an S3 and it did it's job, on the N4 it feels really bulky. Also the hard shell portion of the case is a little slippery and makes one hand operation a little tricky, and I'm 6'3" with large hands.
The Tech21 looked like a great solution. Sleeker, slimmer, shows the back off, much easier to handle. But...there are some issues and it may be going back. The broken up orange material around the edges is....very subjective. On one hand the smokey case mutes the orange, but it is still a little wonky looking. The slimness of the case fits well in my hand, but overall feels a little cheap and slippery. Like a $2 skin that has bulkier orange edges. In the end, I really wanted to like this case, but feel like it is over priced and not the premium feel I am looking for.
I think the Verus Thor might be my next attempt, but still hate covering up the look of the phone and, having a VZW version, will need to be modified (should be easy).

swimmer160

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Check out the Nillkin Case. only adds about 3mm of bulk, and gives a nice grippy texture. And only costs ~$11

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally got my Verus Iron Shield today. For someone looking for a minimalist case with some drop protection, it's pretty nice. Definitely looks and feels nice. The metal band has a nice finish and feels good in the hand. I don't think it's thick enough for me to use as a daily driver, but for times when I want a slimmer case for a night out or something it's a nice option. The buttons take a little more of a push than my Spigen TA but not bad enough for me to not buy the case. I've never had a Neo Hybrid, but this case looks similar with an aluminum band instead of polycarbonate. It fits on the phone perfectly and all of the cutouts are aligned perfectly. Not bad for the price. I still prefer a rounded side like the slim armor and the otterbox commuter offer. Will probably start with the slim armor and then get a otter when the prices come down a little.

a4aa17508b1035ada8d518f9c37f6a3e.jpg
79832d73a3d3e278c86981019d361a8f.jpg
223003e8978424d2fe75f88ccebc88d6.jpg
23d4c9f4d47f17dddf99df238b690ed3.jpg
3e53ca9dea9ee81f92e1e0981c3c344e.jpg
0419ee4b111296302fa847bb0b267858.jpg
aa2928c1966ee21f68291067ac49e7c7.jpg
f9203dc6a05c2c2d3ec0895ddccc716c.jpg

I have to say I like the case but the buttons don't seem to be getting anymore tactile. Again not a deal breaker. But someone with smaller hands or weaker fingers may find it an annoyance. Ill post some better pics with the phone inside later if anyone wants them. Just used the mirror for now.

Naolin

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Where did you get it? not on amazon now...

The heart rate monitor works right? thats my knock on the neo hybrid...

Got it here, in stock: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4015772

I hadn't even tried the heart rate monitor until your question. Yeah it works, I tested taking some selfies and triggered the monitor just fine. I'd say I have fairly skinny fingers though, so it may depend on that. I don't see myself really using it so didn't consider it a factor.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Got it here, in stock: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4015778

I hadn't even tried the heart rate monitor until your question. Yeah it works, I tested taking some selfies and triggered the monitor just fine. I'd say I have fairly skinny fingers though, so it may depend on that. I don't see myself really using it so didn't consider it a factor.
Doh! I meant to reply to the poster above you... cases look almost the same.

curney

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site