Note 4 What case you going for?

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
They need to make the simple snap to kickstand cases for it. Basic plastic on the back, tpu sides with the curved metal kickstand. You press on it and it curls out. Stands it in portrait and landscape. Makes a great two finger hold so your thumb can easily reach all over the screen and provides complete basic protection without bulk.

Here it is for the S4. I'll take function over form any day.
$T2eC16NHJHQFFh+809OtBRf)Hl!f!g~~60_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$(KGrHqZHJE8FFypk9VDmBRf)HlyvgQ~~60_57.JPG

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Any case with a beltclip/holster could have a kickstand without adding any additional parts. When the beltclip is rotated to landscape position the bottom of the kickstand and the side clip that holds the phone/case in the holster align and become the kickstand. My BodyGlove ToughSuit had one like that. It's such a simple design it surprises me that very few manufacturers offer it.

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Any case with a beltclip/holster could have a kickstand without adding any additional parts. When the beltclip is rotated to landscape position the bottom of the kickstand and the side clip that holds the phone/case in the holster align and become the kickstand. My BodyGlove ToughSuit had one like that. It's such a simple design it surprises me that very few manufacturers offer it.
Because the holster is a lot more bulky than any single layer kickstand case. And the case is always with you when the holster might not be. And if you use the kickstand as a finger hold, you're SOL. It's nice option if you use a holster though. That's why it's easy to just get the $10 or less ones off of ebay/Amazon and get the case of your choice instead of being limited to a case/holster combo.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So can anyone who has or has had in the past give me a comparison. I've always used an Otterbox commuter as my daily driver. It took a hell of a beating on my note 3 and no phone damage. I've got a Verus Iron Shield that is what it is, but I'm too worried about drops to use it daily. I have the Spigen Tough Armor but not a huge fan of the squared off edges. The rounded sides of the commuter were comfortable to hold for long periods.

However, I'm not into spending $50 for one case anymore. I like the rounded sides of the Spigen Slim Armor. Between the tough
and slim armor, where does the commuter compare in drop protection? Just trying to not end up with a bunch of cases. Thanks in advance.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
The physical button stuff I find indicative of the lack of care taken to design these case products. Frankly I think it is rampant.

The best designs neither enhance nor detract from the sensitivity or feedback of the naked on/off. volume or any other button for that matter.

The only case manufacturer that I have seen that has definitively hit that mark is Ballistic. Verus with its Thor is very close..... Spigen....not even in the same ballpark....comically off with every Spigen case I have tried so far. My past experience with Otterbox would put them in the passable category...not great but not bad either. Have not tried an Otterbox for this device but have had several over the years and they have never changed before. So I would not expect it to be different now.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
The physical button stuff I find indicative of the lack of care taken to design these case products. Frankly I think it is rampant.

The best designs neither enhance nor detract from the sensitivity or feedback of the naked on/off. volume or any other button for that matter.

The only case manufacturer that I have seen that has definitively hit that mark is Ballistic. Verus with its Thor is very close..... Spigen....not even in the same ballpark....comically off with every Spigen case I have tried so far. My past experience with Otterbox would put them in the passable category...not great but not bad either. Have not tried an Otterbox for this device but have had several over the years and they have never changed before. So I would not expect it to be different now.

Do the Ballistic cases have the elongated microphone hole that will work with the Verizon Note 4?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I prefer a case that makes the side rocker buttons harder to operate because without those type of side rocker covers I accidentally activate both of controls usually inadvertently decreasing the volume.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I prefer a case that makes the side rocker buttons harder to operate because without those type of side rocker covers I accidentally activate both of controls usually inadvertently decreasing the volume.
Verus Iron Shield fits the bill.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4 using Tapatalk

Bunza Steele

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone with the black Samsung S View Case tell me if it leaves fingerprints? Some material types will unfortunately show skin oil and grease.

Thanks!

Naolin

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone with the black Samsung S View Case tell me if it leaves fingerprints? Some material types will unfortunately show skin oil and grease.

Thanks!

you mean on the plastic on the s-view itself? yeah that's one of the things I didn't like about the case.

I was constantly wiping the s-view screen because it looks so dirty from fingerprints all the time.

Bunza Steele

May 23, 2011
Visit site
you mean on the plastic on the s-view itself? yeah that's one of the things I didn't like about the case.

I was constantly wiping the s-view screen because it looks so dirty from fingerprints all the time.

Thanks! I actually was more concerned about the non-windowed part of the case. Having had an S View case on the S4, I'm pretty familiar with the finger prints on the window.

TigerDave99

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
After spending an absurd amount of research over several days, I pulled the trigger on the Verus Thor yesterday (in Charcoal Black). Should have it in a few days.

It hits all the points for me:
  • TPU drop protection
  • Covered buttons
  • Uncovered ports
  • Hourglass shape for easy grip
  • Not bulky
  • Overwhelmingly good reviews
  • Under $25

Fully understanding Tiger and possibly in the absurd camp myself.
-- SNIP --
I have to admit I am considering a Supcase for its port covers. It even looks like the cover for the S pen is hinged somehow. That would give me one case with port covers for nasty places for a phone....like the beach.

Thanks for such a detailed observation. I received the Verus Thor case on Saturday and I must say, it is quite well-engineered.

Not only does it hit all the points I listed before, but a few other things worth noting:

PROS
  • Two-piece design allows me to use the thin metal plate for my awesome iMagnet Mount. Can't even tell it's installed.
  • All cut-outs are very precise -- especially the dual slits over the rear speaker.
  • Large cut out for USB charger.
  • Very large cut-out for the S-Pen.
  • Two separate buttons for the volume rocker.
  • Power and volume buttons take more intentional pressure to use (this is good because I was always pressing them accidentally when I went to grab the phone)
  • Charcoal black is identical match to factory color.
  • TPU portion is matte and very stiff composition (very little flexing).
  • On the back, the TPU portion is raised instead of flush with the polycarbonate so that's what comes in contact with the surface
  • Shallow ramp for heart rate sensor (good thinking, Verus!)
  • Lastly, when installed, it's doesn't even look like an aftermarket case. It looks "stock", which is awesome.
CONS
  • If I were to be extremely nit-picky, my only gripe is very minor: the outside molding edges are a bit sharp to the touch (when comparing to the Body Glove DropSuit I had on my S3).
Here are some photos:
2014-11-01 15.49.55.jpg2014-11-01 15.52.06.jpg2014-11-01 15.52.40.jpg2014-11-01 15.52.59.jpg2014-11-01 15.53.13.jpg2014-11-01 15.53.27.jpg2014-11-01 15.53.43.jpg2014-11-01 15.54.09.jpg2014-11-01 15.54.35.jpg2014-11-01 15.57.49.jpg2014-11-01 15.59.40.jpg

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
This is what I have on mine now and it is a BEAUTIFUL case. I just wish it was a bit less slick feeling. The ad kind of led me to believe it would be more grippy:
Spigen Galaxy Note 4 Case Thin Fit | Spigen

I am also sporting the spigen crystal screen protector, and while it doesn't cover the glass completely from edge to edge it does cover the used portion of the screen, allowing for case edging to not peel or disturb it. Either way I feel more confident handling my device now.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Currently have the Verus Thor and Spigen Neo Hybrid. Like a lot of people though, I'm just waiting for Samsung to have their accessories back in stock.

Sent from my Note 4

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Picked up an I-Blason case from Amazon. Like this better than the Neo Hybrid so the Neo Hybrid is going up for sale. I got the black version. The picture shows this as off black but the case is darker than the picture.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084