Note 4 What case you going for?

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
So I just received my Spigen Slim Armor today. I don't feel the negative reviews of it are completely justified IMO. I was expecting it to be slimmer than the Tough Armor but it really isn't. The TA just offers more protection due to the squared edges whereas the SA is rounded. The TA also has a slightly higher raised lip on the screen side. So far I have the TA, SA and the Verus Iron Shield. The Slim Armor is by far the most comfortable to hold in the hand. It is slimmer than the OtterBox commuter but due to the TPU being firmer than the OB's rubber/silicone inner, I would expect moderate drops to be sufficiently covered. Time will tell. The rounded sides of the OB are why I have always used them in the past, but I find the SA to be just as if not more comfortable to hold. Plus you get a kickstand! My 5 and 7 year olds have been watching movies on mine for over two weeks with no kickstand issues.

It's just me, but I always get a black phone, but the black phone in the Slim Armor in Gold looks Awesome! I'll post some pics if anyone wants.

Sent from my SVF14N16CXS using Tapatalk

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
So I just received my Spigen Slim Armor today. I don't feel the negative reviews of it are completely justified IMO. I was expecting it to be slimmer than the Tough Armor but it really isn't. The TA just offers more protection due to the squared edges whereas the SA is rounded. The TA also has a slightly higher raised lip on the screen side. So far I have the TA, SA and the Verus Iron Shield. The Slim Armor is by far the most comfortable to hold in the hand. It is slimmer than the OtterBox commuter but due to the TPU being firmer than the OB's rubber/silicone inner, I would expect moderate drops to be sufficiently covered. Time will tell. The rounded sides of the OB are why I have always used them in the past, but I find the SA to be just as if not more comfortable to hold. Plus you get a kickstand! My 5 and 7 year olds have been watching movies on mine for over two weeks with no kickstand issues.

It's just me, but I always get a black phone, but the black phone in the Slim Armor in Gold looks Awesome! I'll post some pics if anyone wants.

Sent from my SVF14N16CXS using Tapatalk
I'm liking the Slim armor too. I agree that I disagree with some of the negative reviews.

I'm also waiting on that grip shell. Can't wait!

dbpaddler

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
Slim Armor is a nice case in general. The fit and finish is solid. It seems slim for a dual layer case. I just returned mine because I didn't like the kickstand, and I don't really care for dual layer cases.. I'm not that scared and can Don without the bulk just fine. Never had phone damage with single layer tpu cases.

The Ringke Slim took a drop today onto my deck and into the cement step at my front door. Didn't even see a scuff on the case and the phone is fine.

doubleplay86

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
After searching through the cases on this forum as well as XDA, I ordered a bunch of hybrid rubber/tpu with clear solid back cases from Amazon and just got them in. Figured I would give some thoughts to help anyone else looking at these cases.

- Spigen Ultra Hybrid in Clear - This is sold out on Amazon now... I will be returning or selling
- i-Blason Halo Scrach Resistant in Clear
- Ringke Fusion in Clear - Apparently this is not even available anymore on Amazon now... I will be returning or selling
- Verus Crystal Mixx in Clear

After putting each one of the cases on the phone, there were some distinct differences.
  • Based on feel, both the i-Blason and Verus cases were much more comfortable to hold than the Spigen Ultra Hybrid and the Ringke Fusion, which had relatively sharp edges and corners
  • From a clarity perspective, they all were extremely clear, but the Spigen TPU sides were a bit cloudier
  • Every one of the cases has a lip or small ridges on both the front and the back of the case to protect the screen when the phone is straight down and the camera when the phone faces up
  • The indentations that the i-Blason, Verus, and Ringke cases had over the volume and power buttons made them a bit easier to work with than the flat Spigen buttons
  • The Spigen felt like the most rigid case and probably best in case of a drop, but they all fit snug and looked to provide great protection for drops
  • The Ringke case had a bit of an issue with bending of the tpu on the edges of the phone, but the others all had very clean edges and retained their shape, with the Spigen and the Verus having the most crip edges
  • The i-Blason was the only case that had bottom cutouts that were made larger to accommodate all versions of the Note 4 holes
  • The Ringke case was the only case that had covers for the power and headphones ports

In the end, the feel of the i-Blason Halo and the Verus Crystal Mixx in my hand as well as the snug and perfect fit led me to keep these two.

Now on to finding a good screen protector!

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm a minimalist. I prefer not to have a case and my main concern is scratches on the metal sides. Therfore, these are the 3 cases I prefer. In the back the spigen neo hybrid. To the left the spigen ultra clear hybrid. The newest front and right is the MiniSuit clear air case. The MiniSuit is exactly what I had been looking for. Crystal clear and very minimal for scratch protection while preserving the look and presence of the phone. The spigen cases are my durable drop protection go to's. However, the spigen neo hybrid is still too bulky for me. Hence the reason I have a protection plan. Just need a tempered Glass solution without a halo.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 2014-11-07 16.30.19.jpg
    2014-11-07 16.30.19.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 109
  • 20141107_162907.jpg
    20141107_162907.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 20141107_163156.jpg
    20141107_163156.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 297

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a grey Body Glove case that is pretty cool that I am willing to pay forward. The first member that PMs me with their name and address I will gladly send it out to you.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
BTW I went with the Tech 21 classic tactical case. I had the same on my iPhone 6 Plus and it was amazing.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
That was fast. Sorry to the rest of you, but got a response within seconds. Case will be on its way to its new owner.

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
BTW I went with the Tech 21 classic tactical case. I had the same on my iPhone 6 Plus and it was amazing.

I just checked out the Tech 21's. The material they use for shock absorption on the perimeter of the phone is pretty impressive! Does your case give adequate screen side protection if it were to fall on the screen? Thanks.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I just checked out the Tech 21's. The material they use for shock absorption on the perimeter of the phone is pretty impressive! Does your case give adequate screen side protection if it were to fall on the screen? Thanks.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4
It does. I had one for my Note 3 last year and loved that one too.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone got his OtterBox Commuter Series case already? I'm thinking to get the AQUA SKY color but would love to hear from first hand about someone experience with this case
Amazon.com: OtterBox Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Case Commuter Series - Retail Packaging - Aqua Sky (Aqua Blue/Light Teal)
View attachment 146895

Best case yet for the Note 4. Very soft rubber liner that won't scratch the shiny edges of the phone. Got the white & grey model for our white note 4. Plus it has the right mic cutouts for the Verizon version.

View attachment 146898View attachment 146899View attachment 146900View attachment 146897

View attachment 146901

Also going to get the black one to mix & match colors. :p

Preach2k

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My new TPU came for my Verizon GNOTE4. Spigen sent an updated TPU for my Neo-Hybrid.
466e56b2d4fd21f2c88ebf59a1e4fc6d.jpg

Sent from my GNote4 using Tapatalk!

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Wow! I just went to amazon to locate a Spigen Slim case, and to my astonishment, not one is there. Did they pull every case off Amazons site, till they can fix the Verizon variants?

Sent from The One and Only, Amazing---> Note 4<---