Note 4 What case you going for?

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
A friend of mine was singing the praises of these cases so I made an impulse purchase at best buy last night. I freaking love it. It's slim, and I love how the grip extends to the sides. I got the white and black one to go with my white Note. I wish there were more colors available like there are for the iPhone, but I'll take it!

Could anyone help with how the Speck candyshell compares to the spigen slim armor in terms of size and protection? Does the candyshell grip make it harder to get it in and out of pockets? I just ordered the slim armor, won't have it til the weekend. Now im thinking I should send it back for the Speck.

Posted via the Android Central App

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Could anyone help with how the Speck candyshell compares to the spigen slim armor in terms of size and protection? Does the candyshell grip make it harder to get it in and out of pockets? I just ordered the slim armor, won't have it til the weekend. Now im thinking I should send it back for the Speck.

I actually gave up the slim armor for the speck. The speck is a bit slimmer, and the grips don't hinder getting it out of your pocket.

Goosty

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
I actually gave up the slim armor for the speck. The speck is a bit slimmer, and the grips don't hinder getting it out of your pocket.

Well that settles that, spigen is going back. Thanks! Now to decide on white or black. I'm thinking black. Just saw Amazon dropped the price but the black is sold out. Looks like I'll be heading to best buy for a price match.

Edit: the slim armor is super slippery and has doubled the weight of the phone. It's a total brick now. But I'm just gonna keep it cause it will only be $11 credit after shipping to send it back. I'll use as a back up or more likely a dust collector as well.

Side note, the speck it not only slimmer but weighs 2.5 ounces less than the spigen.

Last edited:

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I got the Diztronic TPU, the Samsung Protective Cover, and the Speck Candyshell Grip. The Diztronic is way too flimsy. The Samsung fit great and added hardly any bulk but was a little too slippery for my taste. I decided to stick with the Speck Candyshell. It's not too bulky, looks nice, and has good grip from many angles. I've attached a couple pics because I noticed there were none on this thread.

Attachments

• 1419827914064.jpg
    1419827914064.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 1419827928455.jpg
    1419827928455.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 80

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For those who are on Verizon and interested in the Verus Thor, there are a couple colors that now list Verizon. I contacted them through the contact the vendor link on Amazon and asked them if they offered a Verizon variant for the hot pink one, and they were quick to respond that they do, and asked me to contact them back with the order number so that they would personally ensure that I indeed got the Verizon version, since the description doesn't expressly say that it is Verizon compatible for that color. Looking forward to getting it!

Tony DeLuce

May 3, 2013
Visit site
I have the Metal Slate Spigen NeoHybrid on my Verizon Note 4. Actually like the fit (btw everything lines up perfectly) and style a great deal but does it really offer adequate protection for drops? Has anyone using this case survived any drops? I had a tech 21 on my Note 2 and it survived a number of drops but it was slippery and did not feel as good in the hand...

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've said it before and I'll say it again...Tech 21 for the win. ...and no, not just because the orange in them sets it off and it looks sliq as all get-out.

from the S5 💸

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the Metal Slate Spigen NeoHybrid on my Verizon Note 4. Actually like the fit (btw everything lines up perfectly) and style a great deal but does it really offer adequate protection for drops? Has anyone using this case survived any drops? I had a tech 21 on my Note 2 and it survived a number of drops but it was slippery and did not feel as good in the hand...

The slimmest and best protective case for my Note 2 was the Samsung OEM case. I dropped my N2 from my lap onto my concrete porch a few times and it always came out unscathed. I'd get one for my Note 4, if I can ever get Samsung to send me the 50% off coupon for registering my phone. Checked all my e-mail folders (inbox, spam, trash) and never got one, and it's like pulling teeth to get anyone to assist me. The 50% off coupons that you can find online never seem to work for me. I also wanted to get a spare battery and charger (when they're back in stock) and ended up ordering this in the meantime. http://www.amazon.com/12800mAh-Port...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4157553

AnimeKing

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm planning on getting the Otterbox Defender for mine at some point this month.. I may be one of the few who don't mind bulk if it means maximum protection :p

I've only had my white Note 4 for about 1.5 weeks but I've had an absolute death grip on it whenever I handle it, and I even do things like push doors open, carry things with the right side of my lower body (phone is always in the left pocket). I had no idea how much I roll around and use my lower body for random stuff that results in my pockets getting hit by various things (ex. doors, luggage bags, groceries, seatbelt when I take it off drags across my left pocket if you just let it snap back into position by itself ). So I want a bad *** case so don't have to worry about that stuff.

With the defender from otterbox case I can't tell you how many times I sat on my previous phone, how many times I dropped it, rolled over it, rammed it against things, and my Iphone 4 (last phone) was in prefect condition after 2.5 years besides some scratches on the sides of it. No cracks or scratches ever in the screen and the front bezel portion/back of the phone were immaculate. I'm planning on getting this one : (except my note 4 is the white one.. why is it so hard to find pictures of white note 4's in defender cases @.@ ?)

otterbox_n4305_01_lrg.jpg

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For those who are on Verizon and interested in the Verus Thor, there are a couple colors that now list Verizon. I contacted them through the contact the vendor link on Amazon and asked them if they offered a Verizon variant for the hot pink one, and they were quick to respond that they do, and asked me to contact them back with the order number so that they would personally ensure that I indeed got the Verizon version, since the description doesn't expressly say that it is Verizon compatible for that color. Looking forward to getting it!

Just got this in today and can confirm that the hot pink has been modified to fit the Verizon N4. Now, I did contact Verus before placing my order and emailed them my order number with Amazon, (they fulfill the order) so they would make sure that I received they correct one. Excellent customer service and I love the case.

AND I'm happy to also report that my phone survived a tumble from my lap onto concrete protected by the simple TPU case I had on it from Verizon last night. Whew!

Teague Kelley

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I finally went for the s view case. Very sturdy case. Always thought it would be flimsy. And it actually closes all the way?! I heard the note 3 version would always pop open and would need a latch to hold it in place, but this doesn't. I love it. Feels amazing and looks it too. Doesn't hide the beautiful edges of the note 4.

Wydz

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I got 3 UAG's for mine. Black is on it currently, have an unopened Rust in my drawer, and my new daily driver will be the Ice version whenever UAG decides to ship it out to me <_<

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the S case. Had one on my Note 3 and decided to go with same type of case.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

MalinoisK9

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Started with a spigen slim armor which I liked though a bit slippery. Picked up a tech 21 tactical case which feels really nice and is no more bulky then the slim armor. Also received my Samsung protective case, though less protective than either the slim armor or the tech 21 it is by far my favorite case so far. Fits great, looks good, slim, and does add some protection for the phone. If you are looking for a slim case I highly recommend the Samsung.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Started with a spigen slim armor which I liked though a bit slippery. Picked up a tech 21 tactical case which feels really nice and is no more bulky then the slim armor. Also received my Samsung protective case, though less protective than either the slim armor or the tech 21 it is by far my favorite case so far. Fits great, looks good, slim, and does add some protection for the phone. If you are looking for a slim case I highly recommend the Samsung.

That's the case I got and I love it. Feels great in the hand.

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
My old iPhone/Lifeproof friend. :p
Can you post a real picture showing the phone in the Capella case?
Thanks.

Haha hello again!! Sorry it took so long....every time I had a phone to use to take pictures I spaced it!

Attachments

• 1421507087759.jpg
    1421507087759.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 90
  • 1421507095405.jpg
    1421507095405.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 1421507102987.jpg
    1421507102987.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 89

Forum statistics

Threads