03-27-2015 01:16 PM
84 1234
tools
    I will have a case for when I'm at my events and maybe the gym, this my first note.. I feel cases will make this phone feel extra big... That's what kept me away all these years, so trying keep size down

Posted via Android Central App
    10-08-2014 12:33 AM
    I always use cases but for this phone I gotta rock it naked... who else is feeling the same way

If you drop your note 4 and smash it to pieces, don't come crying to Android Central lol

10-08-2014 02:38 AM
    I never thought I would drop my phone but I have and my case has kept my current phone looking almost brand new. Albeit the phone would have probably been fine regardless.

I am considering though rocking the Note 4 without a case as it's already quite big. Else I might use the thinnest one I can get.

For sure I will not be using a screen protector. The difference in feel is night and day. I had a screen protector on my current phone for a very long time but decided a few weeks ago to take it off. The screen looks much better and it feels much smoother hands on. Far fewer fingerprints as well. I did not think using a screen protector would make that much of a difference but it really detracts from the beautiful displays of phones like these.
    10-08-2014 04:11 AM
    I got this for side protection only lol.. Attachment 140069
    Hey there,

What is this aluminum/metal bumper called? This is what I have been looking for! I sent you a PM as well just incase if you don't see this post.
    10-08-2014 09:11 AM
    Hey there,

What is this aluminum/metal bumper called? This is what I have been looking for! I sent you a PM as well just incase if you don't see this post.
    I'd like to know as well
    10-08-2014 09:37 AM
    I'm always naked ;-)

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-08-2014 09:47 AM
    I'd like to know as well
    I looked everywhere and can't seem to find it. It brand is Baseus (found that out by zooming in on the photo). Does anyone know any other companies that make a nice bumper?
    10-08-2014 10:01 AM
    So I saw this post and now I want a leather sleeve or pouch and can't find any . Please reply if you find one.
    If you want high quality handmade & leather then Etsy is it. I got one from JACCET. She makes them after your order.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/JACCET

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MyBestCover

https://www.etsy.com/shop/filzstueck

https://www.etsy.com/shop/phocket
    anon(27512) likes this.
    10-08-2014 10:47 AM
    I got this for side protection only lol.. Attachment 140069
    http://www.amazon.com/Aluminum-Aerb-...cUvbUpU3946765
    10-08-2014 10:57 AM
    I always use cases but for this phone I gotta rock it naked... who else is feeling the same way

Last phone i had a case on and left it was was the iPhone 4 and even then only had it on for like 5 months lol. The iPhone 4 was the best phone ever lol. I would throw it , Drop it on concrete from like 5-6 feet , Hail Storms and it survived spotless with one exception of a deep scratch to the left of the Home button lol. Had an otterbox defender for the Samsung Galaxy s2 skyrocket but the dust keeping getting under the protector kept annoying me so i took it off and been using naked phones ever since. Samsung galaxy S3, S4, LG Nexus 5 , Samsung Galaxy note 3 and now Note 4
    10-08-2014 12:46 PM
    S4 is naked now and my first note will be as well!!
    10-08-2014 12:52 PM
    I'll go naked on the 17th only. lol
    10-08-2014 12:53 PM
    Never put phones in cases. I buy the phone because I like the phone. I know it is going to get a little scuffed up, but such is life. I will be getting a glass screen protector as long as it doesn't cause issue with the S Pen.
    This is backwards. You can't cover the glass. The feel and look of it changes, along with the reflection level. I don't really want a case, but stuff happens.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    10-08-2014 01:23 PM
    Got to love naked
    10-08-2014 01:30 PM
    I'm a wuss. Never ever naked. Clear, but still not naked.

Posted via Galaxy Note 3
    lazerproof likes this.
    10-08-2014 01:36 PM
    I will be getting a clear case for the N4 so it can still show its good looks. My GS3 has scratches and paint removed all over the back and front, and the screen cracked from several drops without any protection.
    10-08-2014 01:46 PM
    Going to buy the verus slim case with metal sides, but everyday I use it naked. Only when I go vacation or if I just feel like it for a day or two I will put the case on

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    10-08-2014 02:47 PM
    thats the one..
    10-08-2014 02:50 PM
    Not if it's tempered glass. Hate the plastic ones but the nice tempered glass ones are hardly noticeable. Don't care if the back gets scratched, but hat looking through a scratch on the screen.
    10-08-2014 05:34 PM
    My HTC Thunderbolt has been in its case and screen protector for about 99.9% of its time with me, I only took it out of the case to replace the battery. My Note 2 stays in its Otterbox Defender, in its belt holster, IN my pocket, cause Im paranoid. I only take the Note 2 out of the Otterbox to clean out the Otterbox cause too much crap gets in there. Other than that, hell no, Im happy with my tank armor on my phone.
    MRS DIVA likes this.
    10-08-2014 08:41 PM
    No case for us. Any case just totally ruins the form and feel of the phone.
    10-08-2014 09:52 PM
    The Note 4 might be the first phone I'd consider using without a case or a skin on, but the way the camera module sticks out worries me. Laid on its back, I could see the lower edge of the chrome camera bezel/surround getting scratched up pretty quickly. Like with the iPhone 6/6+, I'd have been perfectly happy if they had just made the phone a little bit thicker so that the camera sits flush with the back... oh well.
    10-09-2014 01:51 AM
    The Note 4 might be the first phone I'd consider using without a case or a skin on, but the way the camera module sticks out worries me. Laid on its back, I could see the lower edge of the chrome camera bezel/surround getting scratched up pretty quickly. Like with the iPhone 6/6+, I'd have been perfectly happy if they had just made the phone a little bit thicker so that the camera sits flush with the back... oh well.
    The iPhone 6/6+ camera sticks out as well... it isn't flush.

Also the Note 3 one sticks out a little... no issue so far with it being naked.
    10-09-2014 10:15 AM
    I'm mixed on this one. This device is large enough without a case, but I tend to be hard on phones. My concern is with ultra tight cases like the Otterbox and the potential damage they cause to the power switch (on the S3 for example). A Samsung tech brought it up to me when I took my S3 in for a power switch repair for the second time in four days. He showed me an Otterbox case that had the entire back cut out by a Dremel tool. The case was installed on an S3 with the back plastic cover and internal cover removed. He showed the switch contacts being closed without touching the switch on an oscilloscope. His claim was that the Otterbox places constant pressure on the switch and eventually causes its failure. Given the amount of effort required to install the case, I'm inclined to believe him.

That said, I will be looking at case options and consider the power switch.
    10-09-2014 10:54 AM
    No case, no worries. Might get a little banged up, but im cool with that.
    AnnDroid likes this.
    10-09-2014 04:45 PM
84 1234