Note 4 Anybody else with me not using a case?

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Anybody else with me not using a case?

I will be getting a clear case for the N4 so it can still show its good looks. My GS3 has scratches and paint removed all over the back and front, and the screen cracked from several drops without any protection.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site

Going to buy the verus slim case with metal sides, but everyday I use it naked. Only when I go vacation or if I just feel like it for a day or two I will put the case on

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

HighOnHops

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site

Not if it's tempered glass. Hate the plastic ones but the nice tempered glass ones are hardly noticeable. Don't care if the back gets scratched, but hat looking through a scratch on the screen.

JnEricsonx

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site

My HTC Thunderbolt has been in its case and screen protector for about 99.9% of its time with me, I only took it out of the case to replace the battery. My Note 2 stays in its Otterbox Defender, in its belt holster, IN my pocket, cause Im paranoid. I only take the Note 2 out of the Otterbox to clean out the Otterbox cause too much crap gets in there. Other than that, hell no, Im happy with my tank armor on my phone.

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site

No case for us. Any case just totally ruins the form and feel of the phone.

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

The Note 4 might be the first phone I'd consider using without a case or a skin on, but the way the camera module sticks out worries me. Laid on its back, I could see the lower edge of the chrome camera bezel/surround getting scratched up pretty quickly. Like with the iPhone 6/6+, I'd have been perfectly happy if they had just made the phone a little bit thicker so that the camera sits flush with the back... oh well.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The Note 4 might be the first phone I'd consider using without a case or a skin on, but the way the camera module sticks out worries me. Laid on its back, I could see the lower edge of the chrome camera bezel/surround getting scratched up pretty quickly. Like with the iPhone 6/6+, I'd have been perfectly happy if they had just made the phone a little bit thicker so that the camera sits flush with the back... oh well.

The iPhone 6/6+ camera sticks out as well... it isn't flush.

Also the Note 3 one sticks out a little... no issue so far with it being naked.

ktm_scott

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm mixed on this one. This device is large enough without a case, but I tend to be hard on phones. My concern is with ultra tight cases like the Otterbox and the potential damage they cause to the power switch (on the S3 for example). A Samsung tech brought it up to me when I took my S3 in for a power switch repair for the second time in four days. He showed me an Otterbox case that had the entire back cut out by a Dremel tool. The case was installed on an S3 with the back plastic cover and internal cover removed. He showed the switch contacts being closed without touching the switch on an oscilloscope. His claim was that the Otterbox places constant pressure on the switch and eventually causes its failure. Given the amount of effort required to install the case, I'm inclined to believe him.

That said, I will be looking at case options and consider the power switch.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I would put skin protector all around it, it would add very little in size, if at all, while also protect the phone from normal tiny scratches so you can sell it later when you upgrade.

@T-Mobile GN3

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
I bought the verus case with metal sides, but will be using phone naked 95% of the time. Only use it while on vacay or whenever I feel like kt

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

If you want high quality handmade & leather then Etsy is it. I got one from JACCET. She makes them after your order

I like those pouches from Jaccet as well. I didn't see anything specific for the note 4, did you just order one from a phone with similar dimensions?

Philip600rr

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site

Just got both Spiegen cases i ordered on amazon a week before note 4 release date. Very nice cases.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

I like those pouches from Jaccet as well. I didn't see anything specific for the note 4, did you just order one from a phone with similar dimensions?

I just sent her a message and asked if she will ever stock Samsung Note 4 pouch because I liked them so much and she responded that "she could make a perfect fit for the Samsung Note 4." She told me to purchase the Samsung S5 pouch and in additional comments just say that it's for the Samsung Note 4.

anticlutch

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site

The iPhone 6/6+ camera sticks out as well... it isn't flush.

Also the Note 3 one sticks out a little... no issue so far with it being naked.

I guess I worded that one rather poorly. What I meant to say was that I don't like how the iPhone 6/6+ has a camera module that sticks out and would have preferred it if Apple had made their phone a little bit thicker to make it the module flush with the rest of the back. In the same vein, I wish Samsung would have made their phone a little bit thicker to make the camera module flush with the back, too. This obsession with thinness is getting rather old in my opinion.

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Going naked and keeping a sleeve in the pocket to start. I'll still get a slim case or two to keep in my bag for those questionable moments where I'm more concerned with damaging the device(out with the kid, vacations, parties, Monday mornings).

Anthony Mclean

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Going naked and keeping a sleeve in the pocket to start. I'll still get a slim case or two to keep in my bag for those questionable moments where I'm more concerned with damaging the device(out with the kid, vacations, parties, Monday mornings).

Sounds about right

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance