What Carrying Case Is Best For Galaxy Note 4?

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Holster / Belt Clip Cases for Note 4

It does seem pricey, but at least it's not adding too much bulk to the phone, I'm looking for a belt clip style with an ultra slim cover or case, just because I've seen reports already, where people have slightly bumped their phones on things and all of a sudden their dented or scratched. I'd really like to prevent that , but I can't go naked and use the seido clip, unless I can use an ultra slim case with it. But I don't want anything like the otter box, I've got one for my note 2 and it's way too bulky for my non-outdoor activities, lol, I'm more office and techy professional, for what I do.

Posted via Android Central App

Coolboy32

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

It does seem pricey, but at least it's not adding too much bulk to the phone, I'm looking for a belt clip style with an ultra slim cover or case, just because I've seen reports already, where people have slightly bumped their phones on things and all of a sudden their dented or scratched. I'd really like to prevent that , but I can't go naked and use the seido clip, unless I can use an ultra slim case with it. But I don't want anything like the otter box, I've got one for my note 2 and it's way too bulky for my non-outdoor activities, lol, I'm more office and techy professional, for what I do.

Posted via Android Central App

I don't like bulky cases also, I always go slim cases. The seidio comes with a pretty thin case as well, it isn't just a holster/clip for a naked phone, although you can order that one from them, but the link I post comes with case plus holster.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site

I don't like bulky cases also, I always go slim cases. The seidio comes with a pretty thin case as well, it isn't just a holster/clip for a naked phone, although you can order that one from them, but the link I post comes with case plus holster.
I didn't notice the case part, I'll take another look at it, thanks for mentioning that to me.

Coolboy32

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

That does look pretty clean. From the pictures it looks like the case itself would dig into a tempered glass (something I ordered), though?

I'm not really sure how that case will fit with a tempered glass, I decided not to use glass for now, but to me it doesn't seem like there would be a problem. Most tempered glass do not fit the whole screen anyways because of the curve glass on the note 4. And this case doesn't fill up the bezel..

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

Although I usually used the Samsung protective cover and kept it in my pocket, on my Note 2 I used a Cellet leather holster for those times when I needed a holster, usually when I didn't have adequate pockets (e.g., gym shorts). I'm waiting for it to come out for the Note 4. It's perfect for those who aren't belt and suspender types or mercenaries who just want a holster to be able to pull their plain device out of. Here's the one for the Note 3 -- I'm sure the Note 4 will be similar:

41q8IaTsUOL.jpg 21lclcqWE8L.jpg

bertsirkin

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site

FWIW, my personal favorite is this case - it costs $5 at Walgreens. I don't always see them there, but various Walgreens often have a display of these - usually many sizes. This is the largest about 6" x 4" and is perfect for my Note 3 with a bumper case on it. THe phone even fits with an extra large (6400mah) battery on it.

BTW, this case is about 8 months old, and I use it everyday.

case1.jpg

case2.jpg

case 3.jpg

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I ordered this Ballistic case & holster on Amazon through a 3rd party reseller called Warehouse Distributing for $34.16 incl standard shipping. I got the last one they had so it doesn't currently show as available from them on the link. It can be ordered directly through Ballistic too either later this week or early next week.

Amazon.com: Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx Case with Holster Clip for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

I ordered this Ballistic case & holster on Amazon through a 3rd party reseller called Warehouse Distributing for $34.16 incl standard shipping. I got the last one they had so it doesn't currently show as available from them on the link. It can be ordered directly through Ballistic too either later this week or early next week.

Amazon.com: Ballistic Tough Jacket Maxx Case with Holster Clip for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

I wish it could show more pics...Another question is if the clip swivels 360 degrees or not...

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

Although I usually used the Samsung protective cover and kept it in my pocket, on my Note 2 I used a Cellet leather holster for those times when I needed a holster, usually when I didn't have adequate pockets (e.g., gym shorts). I'm waiting for it to come out for the Note 4. It's perfect for those who aren't belt and suspender types or mercenaries who just want a holster to be able to pull their plain device out of. Here's the one for the Note 3 -- I'm sure the Note 4 will be similar:

View attachment 142630 View attachment 142631

That looks pretty good. Does the swivel rotate? I would imagine if these style cases fit the note 3 then it might fit the note 4, no?

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

I got this holster. It is like what I have used for my S3 and S4 for years. I needed something that was secure. I don't have my N4 yet, but I haved an N4 case that fits in this holster, so I'm sure it is fine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3985330

I tried many of the cases with the plastic clips on them, and they are not secure enough. Nothing like riding along on the motorcycle and feeling the clip coming up off of your belt. :eek: Luckily I saved that. But I have had those ones with the rotating plastic clips spin around when bumped, and dump the phone on the ground. So I don't even try them any more. Or I would glue the clip so it can't rotate.

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Believe it or not, I have a case on my phone, and I carry it around in a carrying case (I have OCD).

Anyway, the Galaxy Note 4 is very large, and I wanted to know what carrying case is good for this device. In the past, I've found that a particular Case Logic hard drive case fits the Galaxy Note 3 (and it might fit the Galaxy Note 4 with a case), but, what else is out there?

0008585410546_500X500.jpg

I know that the Nintendo 3DS carrying cases also fit well. What are you guys doing?

I want something that offers protection, with zippers rather than Velcro, and closes on all sides.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

I got this holster. It is like what I have used for my S3 and S4 for years. I needed something that was secure. I don't have my N4 yet, but I haved an N4 case that fits in this holster, so I'm sure it is fine.

Amazon.com: For SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 3 , NOTE 2 PHONE CASE DELUXE BROWN TEXTURE LEATHER CASE BELT CLIP HOLSTER POUCH A8+Stylus Pen(By All_Instore): Cell Phones & Accessories

I tried many of the cases with the plastic clips on them, and they are not secure enough. Nothing like riding along on the motorcycle and feeling the clip coming up off of your belt. :eek: Luckily I saved that. But I have had those ones with the rotating plastic clips spin around when bumped, and dump the phone on the ground. So I don't even try them any more. Or I would glue the clip so it can't rotate.

Exactly. I lost an Iphone that way several years ago, so I always look for a pouch that has belt loops so that the pouch simply cannot come off.

pwscott

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for posting this. Seidio makes really great, low-profile cases that still protect. I have had one on my Samsung Galaxy S4 since I got it...really liked it, holster is very secure, kickstand works great....holster is nicely lined with soft material. I just placed an order for this one and I want it badly enough to pay for overnight FEDEX.

I also use Seidio's extended battery for the SGS4 which requires another case, and the quality of that one was very high as well.

Looking forward to getting this; for now I have a Spigen case that doesn't have a holster to use.
I know this is not leather but it's my favorite belt clip/ holster type case for the note 4 so far. Kinda pricey though.
SEIDIO | SURFACE with Metal Kickstand Case & Holster Combo for Samsung Galaxy Note 4

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

That looks pretty good. Does the swivel rotate? I would imagine if these style cases fit the note 3 then it might fit the note 4, no?

Yes, they do rotate. You get two clips -- I forget what the other one does/doesn't do. I tried the Note 4 in the Note 2 holster case thinking the same thing -- it will work in a pinch, but the Note 4 is just over a couple of millimeters taller than the Note 2 (and the Note 3), so it pokes up at the top just a bit. You can still (barely) get the flap on the magnet closure. Actually, they didn't make a new one for the Note 3 -- they just kept selling the Note 2 case as a case for both devices (Amazon.com: Cellet Teramo Premium Leather Case for Samsung Note 2 Note 3 (Removable Spring Clip Included): Cell Phones & Accessories). So I'm not sure if they'll make a new one for the Note 4, although they should given the increase in height.

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site

For those who wear suits for work or ride motorcycles, you might want to give this a look. Maybe you've already seen it this past summer, but I am tempted on getting this do to a couple reasons: 1) The Note 4 and future phones will no doubt get bigger 2) To me, big phones and big wallets look silly in my pants. What do you people think?

There are more videos on youtube

LD West Review: The Smartphone Holster, Reinvented - YouTube

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I didn't know people use carrying cases lol. Seems like too much of a hassle to always remove it if you just need to check a quick incoming message

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey