What Carrying Case Is Best For Galaxy Note 4?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Wallet style cases. Suggestions ?

I am looking For a wallet case for my note . Any suggestions? The Montblanc is nice but to expensive for me. Any ideas.

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!

Ozone777

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Spigen cases are not compatible with Verizon Note 4

I found this image from SupCase on Amazon:

View attachment 143645

It shows the left mic hole is slightly different for each of the 4 carriers.
And that their case has a tunnel which allows sound to move through and into the mic.

Good information but if you notice, in the picture, the AT&T and Verizon graphics are switched.
The AT&T left mic should be closer to the USB than the Verizon left mic is.
SupCase got it backwards.

Ozone777

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Verizon owners - case warning (not just Spigen, other thrird party as well)

I actually have the AT&T N4 and had the same problem with a cheap no-name case I bought off Ebay.
It appeared to have been made for the Verizon model.
Had to drill out the left mic hole.

I also noticed that the speaker cut out on this case was slightly off.
For the Verizon owners that have the Spigen cases, do you notice the speaker cut out being slightly off as well as the left mic hole?
Maybe the mic hole is not the only difference between the Verizon and AT&T versions.

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wallet style cases. Suggestions ?

I'm hoping for a less expensive version of the Montblanc myself.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site

Me to the montblanc is very nice. I just can't justify spending that much myself. The spigen looks nice nice I read the magnet messes up the s pen.

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!

Hebei27

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Holster / Belt Clip Cases for Note 4

Haven't seen one either; got mine yesterday. There is a great wallet style by Pdair like the one I used on my Galaxy Nexus which has one, but I don't know about whether it will accept one. Just sent them an Email to enquire. Guess for now I will carry it around in my pocket

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

Seidio made a nice folio case for the N3. I'm hoping they make it for the N4.

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Case decision

Ok, so I have it narrowed down, for now, to the Spigen Neo Hybrid, the Verus Iron Shield, and the Caseology Bumper Frame one. I also thought about a UAG, but this is already tough enough as it is. Any help helping me choose?

Note 2 via Android Central App

I've narrowed it down to these 3 cases as well. Anyone receive the caseology or Verus cases yet?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Those of you that ordered from amazon, contact them for a refund.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414356391447.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414356391447.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 58

OptiPrime

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Re: For those with the Note 4 in a case...

Using an ugly Ballistic white n grey case b.c i need some protection and the Sprint store only had the black Otterbox. Really wanted the Otterbox defender with the white shell and the blaze pink cover but oh well.

It just for work and out and about. I keep it naked in the house, drop on carpet shouldn't hurt.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Spigen cases are not compatible with Verizon Note 4

Good information but if you notice, in the picture, the AT&T and Verizon graphics are switched.
The AT&T left mic should be closer to the USB than the Verizon left mic is.
SupCase got it backwards.

You are 100% correct. Verizon is the one farther away from the charging port. I'm just going to order a UAG case that I know is made right.

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Those of you that ordered from amazon, contact them for a refund.

Did they give you a label to mail it back or they just refunded it before sending it in?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Did they give you a label to mail it back or they just refunded it before sending it in?
Full refund, didn't need to send it back.

jspring86

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site

Full refund, didn't need to send it back.

Sweet, I just hit them up to ask for my refund, thanks!

Sent from my Note 4 via Tapatalk Pro.

Bianca Horkan

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Case frustration

The problem with the ringkje case is the fact that it sits the camera flush with the back of the case so basically your camera is sitting on whatever surface your phone is on...

You have the Rinke Fusion, right? That's the one I have as well...and aside from the bottom mic holes not lining up for me, I did notice that the camera lens is pretty flush with the back of the case. So, I've begun my return process with Amazon.

I have a little while yet before I have to send it back -- but I haven't been able to find another case that I like enough (or know if it works with the Verizon model) to order.

It's more frustrating that it needs to be. Ugh.

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site

Yea I know. There isn't a comprehensive listing of what does work with the VzW N4. But I do know the Samsung Protective Cover works (out of stock at the moment of course). The Otterbox's work. The UAG works. The Ballistic cases work. I think the Tech21 cases work. That one I have not seen a photo of yet but folks have said it works and Verizon is selling them in stores. I think the Verizon silicon cover works as well.

The Spigens do not, the Verus do not. I saw a few Sudio shots that would suggest they do not. Don't hold me to that one either. Anything with a single circular symmetrical mic hole for the left bottom mic will not work for the VzW version. There has been a few reports of single circular hole mic hole cases that are just cut for the VzW. But I don't trust them. For now at least, my MO is, if it is a circular left side mic hole, it won't work with the VzW.

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

Mine is perfect.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Slayers

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Yea I know. There isn't a comprehensive listing of what does work with the VzW N4. But I do know the Samsung Protective Cover works (out of stock at the moment of course). The Otterbox's work. The UAG works. The Ballistic cases work. I think the Tech21 cases work. That one I have not seen a photo of yet but folks have said it works and Verizon is selling them in stores. I think the Verizon silicon cover works as well.

The Spigens do not, the Verus do not. I saw a few Sudio shots that would suggest they do not. Don't hold me to that one either. Anything with a single circular symmetrical mic hole for the left bottom mic will not work for the VzW version. There has been a few reports of single circular hole mic hole cases that are just cut for the VzW. But I don't trust them. For now at least, my MO is, if it is a circular left side mic hole, it won't work with the VzW.

Are you sure the UAG will work with the Verizon Note?

Can anyone post a picture to make sure it will not cover the holes I have a Spigen right now and it really sucks talking on anything other then speaker phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci